Rnc 2020

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The amount of BS coming out of the RNC is just insane.

Whether it's breaking long standing traditions, to having NO platform what so ever other than to support Trump, to showboating, to outright lies, it's a shame to see just how disastrously far the Republican party has fallen.

All I can say is thank goodness there are still some 'old school' Republicans who see this farce for what it is and are speaking out about it.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I comfort myself with the knowledge that there's a pretty good chance he won't be able to vote in the upcoming election.
And neither will you in whatever happens in Canada . Yet you will still comment . Typical two faced democrat .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Wrong.
Nielsen update (6 p.m. ET):
Final live-plus-same-day data for day two coverage of the 2020 RNC has arrived, and it’s better news for the Republicans.
A total of 19.42 million viewers watched the 10-11:15 p.m. ET common coverage period across 11 Nielsen-measured networks. That’s a 7% bump from the early-afternoon report showing 18 million watching across 6 Nielsen-measured networks, +14% from what opening night of the convention drew, down 2% from what the RNC drew on night two of 2016, (19.75 million), and +1% more than what the DNC drew on night two of their 2020 convention (19.215 million).
After adjusted data arrived, night two of the 2020 RNC drew roughly 209,000 more viewers than night two of the 2020 DNC.
The Nielsen-measured networks included in the final average total: ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, CNNe, Fox Business Network, FOXNC, MSNBC, Newsmax and Newsy.

source: https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/early-nielsen-data-shows-18-million-viewers-watched-night-2-of-the-rnc-across-6-networks-up-14-from-night-1/453483/

It was about C-span viewership Girth

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
RNC Video Showing Rioters In “Biden’s America” Is Actually Spain

The video is part of a pattern of Trump and his supporters portraying BLM protests as violent.

On the first night of the Republican National Convention, the party aired a segment featuring Catalina and Madeline Lauf warning of dire consequences if Democratic candidate Joe Biden is elected president.
“This is a taste of Biden’s America,” one sister says in a voiceover as images of protests play onscreen. “The rioting, the crime. Freedom is at stake now and this is going to be the most important election of our lifetime.”
The problem is that one of the images in the segment doesn’t show the US at all — it shows Spain.
As first reported by Catalonian public broadcaster CCMA and independently verified by BuzzFeed News, one of the four images of protests was filmed in October 2019 in Barcelona. Protests broke out in the city after Spanish courts sentenced Catalan separatist activists to prison. The image used during the RNC video showed fires burning in the streets. One of those same streets can be seen as being in Barcelona by using Google Street View.
Other images of protests in the segment show footage of a march in Brooklyn, a car on fire in Chicago, and drone footage of a tree on fire in an intersection in New York. The final, and most striking, shot is the one from Barcelona.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/janelytvynenko/rnc-protest-video-barcelona

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Kentucky AG pitches President Trump as 'best for this country' amid racial strife

When pressed on the president's divisive rhetoric on race, including when Trump said there are "very fine people on both sides" after the 2017 Charlottesville Unite the Right rally and when he called the Black Lives Matter movement a "symbol of hate," Cameron refused to condemn Trump.

"What I will say is that I have had numerous occasions to be with the president and he's always treated me with respect," he told the co-hosts. "He's been very interested in what's going on in Kentucky from law enforcement and the attorney general perspective."

"I am not here to to cast any sort of wide net in terms of the comments that have been made by the president," he said, adding that Biden's thought process "demonstrates a lack of of interest in getting to know each individual of the African American community and speaking to us individually as opposed to assuming, because you look a particular way, you have to vote a particular way."

Cameron said that he is not implying that all Black voters should instead vote for Trump but that they should make up their own minds.

"...We all have the ability to make assessments and wise and deliberate assessments about who we ultimately want to vote for in November," he said.

But he added: "I'm voting for President Trump because ultimately he has done everything he possibly can in terms of our economy -- to build an economy that works for everyone, and minorities obviously benefited from that economy.".....More

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Liberal Redneck - This Week in Hell

Between the travesty in Kenosha and shitshow of the RNC, this week was a hell of a thing, y'all.