Rising gas prices disreputable

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes but the BC oil industry is a pimple compared to Alberta. Alberta natural gas alone brings in more revenue than BC oil and gas combined.

But actually most of Alberta's oil flows underground FROM B.C. :smile:

Actually, it's Fort Nelson that's the biggest right now. FSJ largely services Nelson, for hubby's company anyway.

I don't doubt you for a minute Karrie. When my son was working out of Zama he spent some time on the rigs up at July Lake, just on the B.C. side of the border. That was probably 8 or 10 years ago.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Canada should be a land of milk and honey; because of a small population and immense resources, yet people here live worse than in certain European countries which have a similiar population but otherwise have no resources to live of.

In certain oil countries in the Middle East, they hand out cheques to all the ethnic citizens and completely subsidize education and the whole deal and I bet you there is no housing shortage or bubble in Mecca.

Canada has more factories and resources than the Netherlands but I cringe each time I go to Wennipeg and Downtown Victoria; where I see homeless people and ugly old buildings, whereas that's not true for me in Amsterdam, Antwerp, et al.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Oil prices are going to steadily rise now and until the oil is gone. This unrest in the ME is only a blip. The real driving force is the fact we think bitumen is a viable source. Nope. easy oil is gone. Get ready to pay more. Oh, btw, invest in energy companies. LOL.