Report: The Military is just a bunch of rapists

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Mentalfloss, I come to your threads with low expectations and yet I leave disappointed.

What, are you denying a report that was actually submitted by the military? I'm disappointed with your response. Next time try reading the source before commenting.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Or more likely just a small number of them doing a lot of raping!

The RCMP are going to investgate on the job sexuyal perversion? How can this work?

Yeah, that will be fun to see- those bastards are just as bad as the military in that department. Give some A$$holes, a gun, a badge and a vehicle and they think they are in charge of the world! :) :)

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
What, are you denying a report that was actually submitted by the military? I'm disappointed with your response. Next time try reading the source before commenting.

Take a chill pill. I'm disappointed with the typical mentalfloss troll injection, words like "The Military is just a bunch of rapists"

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
open for discussion is stress and sex?the military must realize ,the mind is a funny thing when it comes to sec and stress,more so possibly pts and sex.
There's a lot more to recognize beyond giving orders or self discipline,not once did the military take ownership of their responsibility in this mess
i like to think of myself as a little bit of an expert on stress relief and sex,education did not come easy or early for myself,it sure was fun while it lasted
sex is an addiction and along comes all those other wonderful feelings which are fleeting and so desired for such s short time
i even thought of designing a program in the area of sex and high stress,giving others tools to use and think about why ,what and how
i consider myself an expert in this area
who knows maybe a program of awareness,
the military is an excellent breeding ground for sexual problems,it is time senior official s recognize this

roflmao.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
The RCMP are going to investgate on the job sexuyal perversion? How can this work?
No they are going to make s foundation which recognizes that opportunities have to be minimized
Recognizing PTS and sex go hand and hand,it is no different then alcoholism,drug addiction
Then place power into the cauldron,and opportunities,there is a big problem to be made
The military evidently has many opportunities,along with the effects of PTS,
This must be placed into the perspective it deserves,
Owning the problem is step 1

What does this mean?

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
The problem exist, obviously women are targeted more, but it happens to men as well. It's rampant in the US army as well. I hope they can change the mentality of the leaders. Woman are needed in the army and do make great soldiers; they should have the right to serve without the fear of abuse.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Take a chill pill. I'm disappointed with the typical mentalfloss troll injection, words like "The Military is just a bunch of rapists"

I'll post what I like. As I pointed out you apparently did not bother to read the actual article the comment was based on; and given the history of the military on this issue, the comment was not far off the mark.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The problem exist, obviously women are targeted more, but it happens to men as well. It's rampant in the US army as well. I hope they can change the mentality of the leaders. Woman are needed in the army and do make great soldiers; they should have the right to serve without the fear of abuse.

Good post and to the point.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I'll post what I like. As I pointed out you apparently did not bother to read the actual article the comment was based on; and given the history of the military on this issue, the comment was not far off the mark.

Calm down, clearly your quantitative definition for "not far off the mark" is significantly different. And Im not interested in challenging that definition in a right or wrong debate.

However, I'm interested in what you have to say....Would you care to share your thought process on how the figures in this article become an All are rapists conclusion for you?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
....Would you care to share your thought process on how the figures in this article become an All are rapists conclusion for you?

If you weren't being so obtuse, you would get it. Since the actions of a minority of Muslims reflect on the majority then obviously, the actions of a minority of soldiers reflect on the majority. It's therefore a fact. Soldiers are rapists.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Why don't you go explain to a soldier of your choice how he is by nature a rapist? I'll watch from here.

1/60. None proven. 77% "unwanted touching" But they are all rapists.

Right.

Edited from vent to minor rant.
Ask Okinawa

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
However, I'm interested in what you have to say....Would you care to share your thought process on how the figures in this article become an All are rapists conclusion for you?

I'm not sure if you are deliberately missing the point, but how is this for a comparison? What would you think if it was common for female teachers to be regularly raped and sexually harassed? You would certainly think that there was something wrong with the entire teaching profession. Any organization that allows a climate in which sexual harassment and sexual assault are the norm has a real problem. Calling the military a bunch of rapists may be a bit extreme, but the Canadian military has allowed a climate of rape culture to exist for decades and should be held responsible for that.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm not sure if you are deliberately missing the point, but how is this for a comparison? What would you think if it was common for female teachers to be regularly raped and sexually harassed? You would certainly think that there was something wrong with the entire teaching profession. Any organization that allows a climate in which sexual harassment and sexual assault are the norm has a real problem. Calling the military a bunch of rapists may be a bit extreme, but the Canadian military has allowed a climate of rape culture to exist for decades and should be held responsible for that.

Like most segments of society I doubt if they should all be "tarred with the same brush", how about the conclusion that there is a small percentage committing numerous rapes? I think among some "walks of life" they is a macho mentality that is prevalent that does lead to some folks getting a mistaken impression!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Like most segments of society I doubt if they should all be "tarred with the same brush", how about the conclusion that there is a small percentage committing numerous rapes? I think among some "walks of life" they is a macho mentality that is prevalent that does lead to some folks getting a mistaken impression!
Like most eveyone these days, mentalskinflute likes to exaggerate,

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012

You cleary don't see how extreme your comment is.

If you have a victim rate of 100%, then worst case scenario means that 100 percent of the military are both victim and predator. This is worst case, it may only be 10% that are predators, but because you are claiming that the military are just rapists, you have left no room for 'maybe'.

Let's look at this from the 1.7% victim rate. It may be another 1.7 percent predator rate. Or it could be .0001%, or 100 % predator rate.

But once again, your extreme comment has left no room for "maybe" so I have to conclude that you think that on average each and every rape victim was gang raped by 100/1.7 rapists at a time. That is a pretty extreme claim wouldn't you think?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
If you weren't being so obtuse, you would get it. Since the actions of a minority of Muslims reflect on the majority then obviously, the actions of a minority of soldiers reflect on the majority. It's therefore a fact. Soldiers are rapists.

I still can't believe they don't get it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Like most eveyone these days, mentalskinflute likes to exaggerate,

Between the time he spends on here and the amount of time he must spend researching all his gems of wisdom, I wonder if the poor guy gets out of his basement at all. Thought I was bad but at least I get out hiking everyday and chatting with people about stuff apart from the forum. :) :)