Refugee/Migrant Crisis

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Here's a proposal. How bout each country in the EU agree to take in 1/2 of 1% of their population per year for two years, and encourage non-EU countries to do the same? That'd take care of at least 3.5 million over two years.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
. . . how about each person on the globe go to their designated country of origin and they park their *** there and cross borders with only a keyboard?
If Canada is willing to start bombing a place that creates 3M refugees then that is how many she should be taking in. To take in less is to create reservations that are the original death camps the West is famous for

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
. . . how about each person on the globe go to their designated country of origin and they park their *** there and cross borders with only a keyboard?
If Canada is willing to start bombing a place that creates 3M refugees then that is how many she should be taking in. To take in less is to create reservations that are the original death camps the West is famous for
Always nice to hear from the mental health community.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You like that 'whooshing' sound as things go over your head right?
Your escape from the reservation is mostly an illusion.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Norman Spector ‏@nspector4

Why the US has admitted so few Syrian refugees?

H̶a̶r̶p̶e̶r̶ Obama and Syrian refugees…

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Here's a proposal. How bout each country in the EU agree to take in 1/2 of 1% of their population per year for two years, and encourage non-EU countries to do the same? That'd take care of at least 3.5 million over two years.

Here's a proposal: Why doesn't America take in some?

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
Here's a proposal: Why doesn't America take in some?
Good question. Here's another one. Where are the Muslims not happy?

They're not happy in Gaza.
They're not happy in Egypt.
They're not happy in Libya.
They're not happy in Morocco.
They're not happy in Iran.
They're not happy in Iraq.
They're not happy in Yemen.
They're not happy in Afghanistan.
They're not happy in Pakistan.
They're not happy in Syria.
They're not happy in Lebanon.
They're not happy in Indonesia.

So, where are they happy?

They're happy in Australia.
They're happy in England.
They're happy in France.
They're happy in Italy.
They're happy in Germany.
They're happy in Sweden.
They're happy in the USA.
They're happy in Norway.

They're happy in almost every country that is not Islamic!
And who do they blame [for their unhappiness]?

Not Islam...not their leadership...not themselves... They blame the countries in which they are HAPPY! And they want to change the countries in which they're happy, to be like the countries they came from, where they were unhappy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Good question. Here's another one. Where are the Muslims not happy?

They're not happy in Gaza.
They're not happy in Egypt.
They're not happy in Libya.
They're not happy in Morocco.
They're not happy in Iran.
They're not happy in Iraq.
They're not happy in Yemen.
They're not happy in Afghanistan.
They're not happy in Pakistan.
They're not happy in Syria.
They're not happy in Lebanon.
They're not happy in Indonesia.

So, where are they happy?

They're happy in Australia.
They're happy in England.
They're happy in France.
They're happy in Italy.
They're happy in Germany.
They're happy in Sweden.
They're happy in the USA.
They're happy in Norway.

They're happy in almost every country that is not Islamic!
And who do they blame [for their unhappiness]?

Not Islam...not their leadership...not themselves... They blame the countries in which they are HAPPY! And they want to change the countries in which they're happy, to be like the countries they came from, where they were unhappy.
I await your evidence that all Muslims are the way you say they are.

Otherwise you're just a bigot playing stereotypes.

It is interesting that none of you putative debaters has addressed the question, or has a word to say about the merits or problems of the proposal.

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
I await your evidence that all Muslims are the way you say they are.

Otherwise you're just a bigot playing stereotypes.

It is interesting that none of you putative debaters has addressed the question, or has a word to say about the merits or problems of the proposal.

First, I never said that all Muslims think that. Read "A God Who Hates" by Syrian born Wafa Sultan to see how a lot of them think. Not all, and probably not a majority, but a lot.

Second, I don't have a big problem with that proposal. It could work, but getting everyone on side could be hard. The other problem is that Syria is losing their best and brightest, and that can't be good for that nation's long term survival.

Third, why are no Arab or Muslim nations stepping up to help? Surely they could step up.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
First, I never said that all Muslims think that. Read "A God Who Hates" by Syrian born Wafa Sultan to see how a lot of them think. Not all, and probably not a majority, but a lot.
When you don't use limiting or qualifying language, you are speaking of the entire class. Nice try at weaseling out of it, but fail, sorry.

Second, I don't have a big problem with that proposal. It could work, but getting everyone on side could be hard. The other problem is that Syria is losing their best and brightest, and that can't be good for that nation's long term survival.
That's an excellent point, and thank you for addressing the proposal.

While I agree with you about the "best and brightest," it's also possible that if they remained they would just be killed by the worst and dimmest. I would certainly encourage, and perhaps require, that they go back when the dust settles some. As you say, Syria will need them.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
:roll: I don't think 7+ billion people would fit in southeast Africa easily. That'd be sort of like the Noah's ark issue- how to fit 2 of each of 2 million species (+their food) in a very small space. And what if they do not want to go?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
:roll: I don't think 7+ billion people would fit in southeast Africa easily. That'd be sort of like the Noah's ark issue- how to fit 2 of each of 2 million species (+their food) in a very small space.

It's doable but you have to Tetris pack them in. ;)

And what if they do not want to go?

Well then by gawd we fukkin' force them!!

:D