Redskins to change their name.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Fun to watch the snot-slinging tantrums of the White Right.

Especially when you consider what they're whimpering about is private businesses making business decisions on the basis of their business judgment, something they claim to be all in favour of.

'Cause all the best business decisions are made under duress

New name, Washington Bolsheviks.

Better Dead than Red

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
having a racial slur as a franchise name is good business.
It sure is! Why, the New York Giants are considering changing their name to the "Kikes," the Phoenix Cardinals are thinking about "Spics," and New Orleans is contemplating "N*****s," to get in on all the many, many benefits of having a racial slur as a team name!

All top-notch ideas.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I just had a brainwave (or possibly a small stroke).

I will cheer loudly if Snyder renames the team the Washington Wagonburners.

Boy howdy, that would be ultimate middle finger to FedEx, Nike, and all the whiners.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The difference is that "canuck" is a smear word for a nationality while "redskin" is a smear against what people consider to be "race"

Like Yank and Redksin.

Yank is akin to Canuck while Redskin is akin to N word.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
You're right. American business decisions should be dictated by butthurt Canadian righties.

It's what Adam Smith wanted!

Not just Smith but Keynes... Also interesting to learn that duress-based decision making is the big new trend down in the US of A... Lemme make a few calls and I'll look into seeing if we can't send a shipment of balls to ya to maybe see if it helps you man-up a bit

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The difference is that "canuck" is a smear word for a nationality while "redskin" is a smear against what people consider to be "race"
Like Yank and Redksin.
Yank is akin to Canuck while Redskin is akin to N word.

How about offending 2 races at once "REDBLACKS"

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not just Smith but Keynes... Also interesting to learn that duress-based decision making is the big new trend down in the US of A... Lemme make a few calls and I'll look into seeing if we can't send a shipment of balls to ya to maybe see if it helps you man-up a bit
So. . . what's your ideal solution? Do you simply want to maintain names and brands that have become offensive as times go by and language and values change, or do you want to actively change things to produce greater offense, division, and unhappiness?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
There's a boogeyman under every bed all the time.

I'd suggest that any company, team, organization, etc be only allowed to name their entity after flowers but there's a good chance that those professionals in botany will be deeply offended.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
There's a boogeyman under every bed all the time.
Yes, and they change as language and culture change.

I'd suggest that any company, team, organization, etc be only allowed to name their entity after flowers but there's a good chance that those professionals in botany will be deeply offended.
I've said it before: take a lesson from the Georgetown Hoyas and the Virginia Tech Hokies.

Hard to get a real good protest going over a name nobody understands.