Public Inquiries into Emergencies Act begin September 19

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

In retrospect the emergencies act was Trudeau's version of the invasion of the ukraine - he thought it would make him look tough and would be over in a few days and pretty quick everyone would forget about it.

However it's been dogging him and he just can't seem to make it go away and it pulls at his credibility and i'm sure he now looks at it as a mistake. It's clear the powers weren't necessary to resolve the situation and the flip flopping on the reasons have made him look pretty suspicious.

Right now he needs to have a strong good-news fall session to help bolster his badly flailing approval ratings, and this is going to detract from any positive messaging he can muster.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
In retrospect the emergencies act was Trudeau's version of the invasion of the ukraine - he thought it would make him look tough and would be over in a few days and pretty quick everyone would forget about it.

However it's been dogging him and he just can't seem to make it go away and it pulls at his credibility and i'm sure he now looks at it as a mistake. It's clear the powers weren't necessary to resolve the situation and the flip flopping on the reasons have made him look pretty suspicious.

Right now he needs to have a strong good-news fall session to help bolster his badly flailing approval ratings, and this is going to detract from any positive messaging he can muster.
You think he's at all worried by this? Hilarious!!

Aga Khan ethics scandal...SNC Lavalin judicial interference scandal...JWR influencing scandal...WE scandal... Wpg Biolab.... blackface...India trip....gropergate... on and on, and on. By now it's pretty obvious that Canadians don't really give a flying fiddlers fuck about ethical governance, they seem to revel in hypocrisy and crave leaders of low moral character. I suspect Trudeau couldn't possibly care less about any possible repercussions in this new scandal.

If it makes you feel any better, Trudeau is getting out front on this latest inquiry, the documents have already been submitted to the panel.

th-1010231030.jpg

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I think if PP gets a majority after whenever it is held he and his party should freeze all Liberal party accounts .That would generate enough controversy to raze a forest .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

Well that's probably not what trudeau wanted to hear.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Well that's probably not what trudeau wanted to hear.
Ah, they got my note about International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Why, yes! yes I am a big deal who has the ear of governments. . .

Reactions: Ron in Regina

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

Why, yes! yes I am a big deal who has the ear of governments. . .
When? When will they learn to consult with you FIRST?!?! If the T-man ain't had his say, don't book the day! EVERYONE Knows that. Will the time of responsible gov't NEVER come?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Interesting timing. Happens conveniently just before the long weekend and the hearing has been moved forward six weeks. Election campaigns run for 36 days. Lot's of time to dissolve Parliament and drop a writ and get another snap election in. That would also catch the Conservatives scrambling since they don't vote for their party leader until Sept 10.
Don't mock me, we're talking about an idiot who clearly stated that nobody wanted an election in the middle of a pandemic and then short-called an election in the middle of a pandemic.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Interesting timing. Happens conveniently just before the long weekend and the hearing has been moved forward six weeks. Election campaigns run for 36 days. Lot's of time to dissolve Parliament and drop a writ and get another snap election in. That would also catch the Conservatives scrambling since they don't vote for their party leader until Sept 10.
Don't mock me, we're talking about an idiot who clearly stated that nobody wanted an election in the middle of a pandemic and then short-called an election in the middle of a pandemic.
That is an absolutely idiotic suggestion. Which makes me nervous that it might turn out to be true. Idiotic suggestions are Justin's jam. In fact, maybe shut up about it till October. Lets not put ideas into his head :)

Joking aside, If he doesn't have a reason for calling the election and he pulls that kind of dirty trick the public will eat him alive, even his more ardent supporters will stay home in disgust. The left would hate him for 'ruining free dental care', the right will mobilize against him for pulling that kind of dirty trick, and everyone else will just be done with his antics.

So while i won't put anything past him, and admittedly he's been really acting like he wants an election this fall, i think even he isn't bat crap crazy enough to try that.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
That is an absolutely idiotic suggestion. Which makes me nervous that it might turn out to be true. Idiotic suggestions are Justin's jam. In fact, maybe shut up about it till October. Lets not put ideas into his head :)

Joking aside, If he doesn't have a reason for calling the election and he pulls that kind of dirty trick the public will eat him alive, even his more ardent supporters will stay home in disgust. The left would hate him for 'ruining free dental care', the right will mobilize against him for pulling that kind of dirty trick, and everyone else will just be done with his antics.

So while i won't put anything past him, and admittedly he's been really acting like he wants an election this fall, i think even he isn't bat crap crazy enough to try that.
Megalomania does weird shit to people's heads.