Proving there is life after death, or not, could win you $500K

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I remember years ago reading the true story of two Victorian gentlemen who one day had a discussion on whether or not there is life after death. They both agreed that whoever of them died shall, if there is life after death, come back to the other to prove to him that it exists. Sure enough, after one of them died he duly appeared to his friend as a ghost.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Have you ever seen a soul or spirit? No. Because there is no such thing.

Back in the days of the British Empire my grandfather was an officer in the British Army, so he, my grandmother and their three children (one of which is my mother) lived in various parts of the Empire, wherever he was stationed. They lived in a house on stilts in Singapore - to avoid the floods during the rainy season - and lived in a large villa near Nairobi in Kenya, with servants, and my mum and her brothers
used to go on adventures with the local Masai Mara. They lived in South Yemen.

I can't remember if it was Singapore or Kenya, but one night my mum's younger brother, my Uncle Stephen, fell asleep on the couch in the living room. He awoke during the night to find himself facing the armchair. He suddenly saw some sort of twinkling little lights appear just above the chair and they proceeded to move downwards, forming the shape of a man sitting there in the armchair. He tried to call out for his mother, but was so terrified that he temporarily lost his voice.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
There's a shitload of weird things that have been happening in this house that used to be my grandparents' house since I moved in five months ago.

I arrived home from a bit of shopping at about 7pm tonight and put the shopping away. I cracked open a bottle of beer and put the bottle top in one of the empty plastic carrier bags and just left the bag with the bottle top in it on the kitchen worktop thinking to myself I'll just get rid of it tomorrow. I then came into the bedroom to just chill on the bed while I drink the beer and post on here. About half an hour later I heard a clatter in the kitchen. I came out the bedroom, went into the dark kitchen, and put the kitchen light on. I then saw the carrier bag with the bottle top in it lying on the floor as though it had been picked up and thrown onto the floor. So I picked it up and put it back onto the worktop (I wonder if it was my late grandfather's way of telling me to dispose of the carrier bag).

Just several minutes ago, at around 4am, as I could hear rain lashing down outside, I heard what sounded like gravel or dirt falling in the kitchen. Again I went into the kitchen to investigate but saw nothing unusual. I then realised it sounded as though someone - or someTHING - had thrown gravel or dirt at the kitchen door from outside in the almost pitch black, rain-lashed yard. That thought spooked me out so I daren't investigate at first. Eventually I plucked up the courage. I opened the kitchen door and looked out into the dark yard with the heavy rain and could see nothing out of the ordinary. All was quiet apart from the rain. No gravel or anything that looked like it had been chucked against the door.

So I'm going to go to bed now at nearly 4:30am. I'm just wondering if anything else is going to happen tonight...

• Wow
Reactions: Danbones

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A few nights ago I was lying in bed in the almost pitch black. The living room is next door to the bedroom. All of a sudden, I heard a noise coming from the living room that sounded exactly like the noise that the armchair makes when someone first sits down in it. It was as though somebody had just taken a seat in the armchair. That armchair was my grandfather's armchair and it was the only place in the living room that he ever sat. Needless to say, I didn't get up and peek into the living room to see who or what was sitting there in the armchair. I wasn't scared staying here in bed, but I was too spooked to go and check it out. I just went to sleep.

• Wow

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I was riding my bike through the waterside park where when he was alive, a not very large old wino who always drank right at that spot had cracked off to a great big young drunk who was arguing with his girl friend while they were coming down off some weird drug or other, and then got punched in the head because of it. As I was laughing to my self over the line, which was really pretty funny, but NOT a good idea considering the relative sizes of the two, suddenly I got pushed right over and off my bike and into a bush beside the path. That was so much like the personality of the wino would have wanted to do when he was alive, but could only get away with as an invisible ghost, that I was laughing all afternoon after that.

It really is a very nice place in the park too, so if one had to be a ghost, that would be a nice place to hang out; provided there are beers and cigarettes in heaven for those that like them of course!

Reactions: Blackleaf

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I was riding my bike through the waterside park where when he was alive, a not very large old wino who always drank right at that spot had cracked off to a great big young drunk who was arguing with his girl friend while they were coming down off some weird drug or other, and then got punched in the head because of it. As I was laughing to my self over the line, which was really pretty funny, but NOT a good idea considering the relative sizes of the two, suddenly I got pushed right over and off my bike and into a bush beside the path. That was so much like the personality of the wino would have wanted to do when he was alive, but could only get away with as an invisible ghost, that I was laughing all afternoon after that.

It really is a very nice place in the park too, so if one had to be a ghost, that would be a nice place to hang out; provided there are beers and cigarettes in heaven for those that like them of course!
It reminds me of the Phantom Pusher of Manchester, the mysterious entity which, over the last several years, has been pushing people to their deaths into the city's canals, usually late at night. Nobody knows whether it's a serial killer or a paranormal entity. It spooks me out when I watch videos about it on YouTube.

1611843820883.png

• Wow

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Haha, fortunately the old winos in the park used to ( before death and the plandemic ) like my guitar playing and offer me beers to sit and play a few tunes, so luckily for me, buddy, if it was his ghost, was being a joker.

Come to think of it though, if I had "fallen" in the other direction, I would have possibly wound up in the drink.

Yeah, these murder mysteries really have a way of enduring like ghosts in the public mind, don't they?

Reactions: Blackleaf

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Haha, fortunately the old winos in the park used to ( before death and the plandemic ) like my guitar playing and offer me beers to sit and play a few tunes, so luckily for me, buddy, if it was his ghost, was being a joker.

Come to think of it though, if I had "fallen" in the other direction, I would have possibly wound up in the drink.

Yeah, these murder mysteries really have a way of enduring like ghosts in the public mind, don't they?
I was going to say that it could be a ghost with a sense of humour who just enjoys pushing you off your bike for a laugh. The spirits of dead friends and family are often there with us, watching us, even if we don't know it, and laugh to themselves when we do something amusing.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yeah, I have little moments fairly often - Often enough, that I feel there really is some sort of "after life". I use the I ching and it's answers sure are reminiscent of what the people I ask questions of would say if they were still here.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yeah, I have little moments fairly often - Often enough, that I feel there really is some sort of "after life". I use the I ching and it's answers sure are reminiscent of what the people I ask questions of would say if they were still here.

There's a guy I know at work called Paul - he sits in front of a computer at work in the warehouse and it's his job to put the various orders from customers onto the system for us pickers to pick, and he often tells us what to pick. I call him the "picking director" - who is highly intelligent. He's middle aged, wears glasses and looks like a teacher. He's actually a trained psychologist, but he is very knowledgeable on lots of topics, like biology and history. I get on with him and often, when there is time, the two of us have long, intelligent discussions about various things. One evening just a few weeks - we work the 2pm to 10pm shift - we were talking about ghosts, because I had told him of various weird things happening here at my new home. He told me that several years ago, he and his wife (who is the manager of a care home for the elderly) went to see a medium. He was skeptical at first. But as the two are sat there in the audience he said the medium stared at him for about a minute or so, like she was processing information, and then started to speak to him. I can't remember it in great detail, but she mentioned to Paul that there is a man in a hat who follows Paul everywhere. He always stands next to Paul. She even mentioned this guy's name - Thomas. Paul told me that Thomas was his grandfather and he always wore a hat. The medium mentioned to him that there is also a woman, and she appears to have blood coming out of her mouth. Paul told me that his grandmother had cancer and, on the day she died, she was vomiting up blood. He then told me that the medium said that she is picking up on another ghost - I can't remember the name - who finds it funny and laughs whenever Paul or his wife opens a certain kitchen drawer. Turns out this other ghost is Paul's wife's father (if I remember rightly). Paul then told me that at home (he lives near the foot of Winter Hill near the Lancashire border) there is a drawer in his kitchen which, when it is opened, something always falls out of it onto the floor. Always, without fail. According to the medium, the ghost of Paul's father-in-law always laughs to himself whenever that drawer is opened and something falls out. Paul said he and his wife were just astonished at how accurate the medium was, and now he believes in ghosts, so he didn't dismiss my tales.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
LOL, I used to have a job like Paul's for a giant multinational tile import export, wholesale retail company haha. I brought their retail shipping time from 45 minutes down to 4.5 minutes - It was my first computer job back around 1990 - when they had this huge climate controlled computer room with a giant mainframe in it.

not only that:
I have this fall on the floor thing going on every day too - and It does feel like a haunting because sometimes it is something that I put somewhere just so It won't fall on the floor, and it is exactly like the sabotage I used to have to deal with constantly from an older clinically demented person in the family. They used to do it just for their amusement ( as revenge) because while degreed, the person was usually wrong about all their conclusions. Also they knew I was decent enough to not to fight back, and it is exactly like that same kind of narcissistic cowardliness they used to hide behind while they were alive as well.

I think a person's vagus nerve is the way people connect via "tuning" ( vagus nerves are describes as tuned or untuned ) - very much a gut feeling type of thing for sure. It also seems to get more powerful if you allow emotions like anger into the system too.

Hmmm
:unsure:
Interesting it is, I must say.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
LOL, I used to have a job like Paul's for a giant multinational tile import export, wholesale retail company haha. I brought their retail shipping time from 45 minutes down to 4.5 minutes - It was my first computer job back around 1990 - when they had this huge climate controlled computer room with a giant mainframe in it.

not only that:
I have this fall on the floor thing going on every day too - and It does feel like a haunting because sometimes it is something that I put somewhere just so It won't fall on the floor, and it is exactly like the sabotage I used to have to deal with constantly from an older clinically demented person in the family. They used to do it just for their amusement ( as revenge) because while degreed, the person was usually wrong about all their conclusions. Also they knew I was decent enough to not to fight back, and it is exactly like that same kind of narcissistic cowardliness they used to hide behind while they were alive as well.

I think a person's vagus nerve is the way people connect via "tuning" ( vagus nerves are describes as tuned or untuned ) - very much a gut feeling type of thing for sure. It also seems to get more powerful if you allow emotions like anger into the system too.

Hmmm
:unsure:
Interesting it is, I must say.

They still annoying you even in death. Get a priest to perform an exorcism.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
LOL, not till after the plandemic is over...I kind of like to have some company, such as it is.

Funny enough though, the condition seems to get worse if I let it anger me. So I do my best to laugh it off, which pisses the ghostie thing off I hope...
:)
just like it did in real life.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
LOL, not till after the plandemic is over...I kind of like to have some company, such as it is.

Funny enough though, the condition seems to get worse if I let it anger me. So I do my best to laugh it off, which pisses the ghostie thing off I hope...
:)
just like it did in real life.

I think some evil spirits feed off negative energy.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

The real-life ghost story so gripping even sceptics are drawn in: Case of a 1950s family home that was haunted by strange notes, flying objects and unexplained fires is brought to life in BBC's Battersea Poltergeist​

By Stephanie Linning
Daily Mail
28 Jan 2021

1611878442931.png

It is the ghost story that has even skeptics asking questions.

In 1956, in a semi-detached home in Battersea, south London, the Hitchings family began hearing strange, unexplained bangs and scratching sounds. Some of the noises were so loud, they could be heard by the whole street.

Then, objects began moving without being touched. Pots and pans were thrown out of seemingly empty rooms; bedsheets flew off beds without warning and slippers were seen 'walking' across the floor.

As time wore on - the haunting spanned a period of 12 years - the residents at 63 Wycliffe Road named the presence 'Donald'.

The case became front page news, with much of the attention focused on Shirley, the teenage daughter of Wally and Kitty Hitchings who found herself at the centre of the seemingly paranormal activity. It was even discussed in the House of Commons.

Scrawled writing appeared on the wall, fires were started out of thin air and a handwritten note was found inside a notebook. It read: 'Shirley, I come.'

1611878733965.png

Now the case has captured the public's imagination once again with the release of the Battersea Poltergeist, a BBC R4 podcast which has become one of the broadcaster's most popular titles in the week since its release.

Read more:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Most of us have heard about the famous Enfield Poltergeist of north London, 1977-79, the most famous poltergeist case in the world. But 25 years before this case began, there was the Runcorn Poltergeist, which haunted the occupants of Number 1 Byron Street, Runcorn, Cheshire, for over two months. This is the story of the Byron Street Poltergeist...

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'm kinda thinking that the whole global warming thingy is what they use to keep the peons living in fear......... Ummm, scratch that, they use global warming to keep the idgits all-a-feared
Works the same way. The climate change scam is a religion to many. SO much so that some have proposed laws to make it illegal to question their wisdom.

Reactions: captain morgan

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Works the same way. The climate change scam is a religion to many. SO much so that some have proposed laws to make it illegal to question their wisdom.

There shouldn't be any laws to question anything, even religion, either your own or another.

Last edited: