Prince Harry to marry girlfriend Meghan Markle next year

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Harry talks to Prince William, father for first time since Oprah interview
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:Mar 16, 2021 • 6 hours ago • 2 minute read • comment bubble12 Comments
In this file photo taken March 9, 2020, Britain's Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (left) and Britain's Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (second right) follow Britain's Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (centre) and Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (right) as they depart Westminster Abbey after attending the annual Commonwealth Service in London.
In this file photo taken March 9, 2020, Britain's Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (left) and Britain's Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (second right) follow Britain's Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (centre) and Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (right) as they depart Westminster Abbey after attending the annual Commonwealth Service in London. PHOTO BY PHIL HARRIS / POOL /AFP via Getty Images / Files
Article content
Prince Harry has spoken to his estranged brother and father, but the talks were “unproductive” and no one has “talked to Meghan yet,” according to U.S. broadcaster Gayle King.

King, who is friends with Oprah and Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex, revealed on CBS This Morning on Tuesday she had spoken to Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and had discerned from the couple that Harry spoke with the Duke Of Cambridge and Prince Charles over the weekend.

“Well, I’m not trying to break news, but I did actually call them to see how they were feeling, and it’s true, Harry has talked to his brother and he has talked to his father too,” she said. “The word I was given was that those conversations were not productive. But they are glad that they have at least started a conversation.

“And I think what is still upsetting to them is the palace keep saying they want to work it out privately, but yet, they believe these false stories are coming out that are very disparaging against Meghan, still.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

King added, reported People, that “no one in the Royal Family has talked to Meghan yet, at this particular time.”

The news follows the couple’s highly anticipated sit-down with Oprah on March 7, during which Meghan said her son Archie was denied a royal title and royal protection – and that there were “concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born.”

While Meghan and Harry didn’t identify who made the remarks, Oprah later clarified it was not his grandparents Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.

King continued: “I think it’s frustrating for them to see that it’s a racial conversation about the Royal Family when all they wanted all along was for the royals to intervene and tell the press to stop with the unfair, inaccurate, false stories that definitely have a racial slant.

“And until you can acknowledge that, I think it’s going to be hard to move forward. But they both want to move forward with this and they both want healing in this family. At the end of the day, that is Harry’s family.”

Last Friday, William hit back at the racism claims while on a royal outing with wife Kate Middleton, insisting to a reporter, “We are very much not a racist family.” And when asked if he had spoken to Harry, he added, “No, I haven’t spoken to him yet, but I will do.”

King also addressed the recent bullying allegations against Meghan, explaining it “was raised in 2018 and now there’s an ongoing investigation… when anyone who has worked with her will tell you exactly who she is.”

“You know, she’s really a very sweet, caring person,” she said. “And as I say, Meghan has documents to back up everything that she said on Oprah’s interview. Everything.”

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Sharon Osbourne and the war on Meghan-sceptics

Her show was put under investigation by CBS after she defended Piers Morgan on air.

Sharon Osbourne and the war on Meghan-sceptics

SPIKED

17th March 2021

Spiked

Sharon Osbourne’s US TV show, The Talk, was put under investigation by CBS last week after she defended her friend, Piers Morgan. CBS also pulled the live show from its broadcast slots on Monday and Tuesday this week, and a repeat episode was played on Monday instead.

Morgan lost his job hosting ITV’s Good Morning Britain for heavily criticising Meghan Markle. He said last Tuesday that he didn’t ‘believe a word’ of what Markle said in her interview with Oprah Winfrey, which included the claim that she had suffered from suicidal thoughts and allegations of royal racism.

Osbourne leapt to Morgan’s defence the same day, telling BBC News that he had ‘a right to his opinion’.

She then had a heated row about Markle and Morgan live on her show, with fellow host Sheryl Underwood. On the Wednesday edition of The Talk, Underwood asked Osbourne how she felt about claims that she had given ‘validation’ to Morgan’s ‘racist’ comments about Markle.

Osbourne responded defiantly: ‘Tell me when you have heard him say racist things. Educate me.’ ‘I feel like I’m about to be put in the electric chair’, she added, ‘because I have a friend who many people think is racist, so that makes me a racist’.

The show went to an ad break as Osbourne became understandably angry. She later gave a statement apologising to ‘anyone of colour that I offended and / or to anyone that feels confused, or let down by what I said’.

CBS announced an investigation into the episode shortly after. On Friday, it said in a statement, ‘We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace. All matters related to the Wednesday episode of The Talk are currently under internal review.’ In the meantime, CBS has taken the live show off air for two days.

Nothing Osbourne said was racist – nor was anything Morgan said racist, either. But it seems merely criticising Meghan Markle can now land you in hot water.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
“You know, she’s really a very sweet, caring person,” she said. “And as I say, Meghan has documents to back up everything that she said on Oprah’s interview. Everything.”

Has she got the documents to prove that the Royal Family decided not to make Archie a prince due to racism and that it WASN'T due to the fact that only the husband of the monarch, the children of the monarch, the children of the SONS of the monarch (which is why Princess Anne's children aren't prince and princess) and the children of the Prince of Wales's eldest son are the only ones eligible to be prince or princess and that Archie therefore is ineligible for that title but can become a prince when Charles takes to the Throne? Has she got the documents to prove this rule doesn't exist?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'F--- OFF': Sharon Osbourne fires back at racial slur claims
Publishing date:Mar 17, 2021 • 9 hours ago • 1 minute read • comment bubbleJoin the conversation
Sharon Osbourne attends the first day of auditions for the X Factor at The Titanic Hotel on June 20, 2017 in Liverpool, England.
Sharon Osbourne attends the first day of auditions for the X Factor at The Titanic Hotel on June 20, 2017 in Liverpool, England. PHOTO BY ANTHONY DEVLIN /Getty Images
Article content
Sharon Osbourne has slammed allegations she used racial slurs in an attack on her former The Talk co-host Julie Chen in a fiery new statement.

Osbourne’s U.S. daytime show is currently on hiatus as TV bosses investigate a heated exchange between Sharon and Sheryl Underwood on the programme last week, and now rocker Ozzy Osbourne’s wife is facing a new scandal over racially and gender insensitive comments she has allegedly made in the past.

Former The Talk co-host Leah Remini has reportedly told a New York Post writer she heard the Brit call Asian-American Chen “slanty eyes” and “wonton”, and lesbian sidekick and producer Sara Gilbert “p—- licker” and “fish eater”.

Osbourne’s publicist, Howard Bragman, told the Post: “The only thing worse than a disgruntled former employee is a disgruntled former talk show host.

“For 11 years Sharon has been kind, collegial and friendly with her hosts as evidenced by throwing them parties, inviting them to her home in the U.K. and other gestures of kindness too many to name. Sharon is disappointed but unfazed and hardly surprised by the lies, the recasting of history and the bitterness coming out at this moment.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“She will survive this, as she always has and her heart will remain open and good, because she refuses to let others take her down. She thanks her family, friends and fans for standing by her and knowing her true nature.”

And now Osbourne herself is speaking out about the latest drama, telling the Daily Mail, “It’s crap, all crap… Everyone’s got an opinion or a story like the wonton story. It’s like f— off with your f—ing wonton story. F— off!

“Of course, it’s a pile on. People want to add fuel to the fire and it comes with the territory and that’s fine.”

Sharon is currently considering whether she’ll return to the show when it returns to TV on Tuesday, after facing criticism for defending Piers Morgan over public comments he made about the Duchess of Sussex’s recent tell-all with Oprah Winfrey.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Sharon Osbourne unsure about returning to 'The Talk'
Publishing date:Mar 17, 2021 • 15 hours ago • 2 minute read • comment bubble10 Comments
Sharon Osbourne attends the 46th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, May 6, 2019.
Sharon Osbourne attends the 46th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, May 6, 2019. PHOTO BY APEGA /WENN.com
Article content
Sharon Osbourne isn’t sure if she wants to return to The Talk because she’s not sure if they even want her back.

The CBS panel show is currently on temporary hiatus this week pending an internal network review after the March 10 episode and Osbourne’s explosive confrontation with co-host Sheryl Underwood, when they clashed over Sharon’s decision to defend her friend Piers Morgan against allegations of racism in the wake of his departure from U.K. TV show Good Morning Britain.

Now, Osbourne has told Entertainment Tonight: “I wish we could go on and have (an) adult conversation calmly and work it out but I don’t know whether we can.

“I don’t know whether it’s gone past that. I would love to but I don’t know whether I even want to go back… I don’t know whether I’m wanted there.”

The news comes after CBS decided to pull the plug on the live shows on Monday and Tuesday following the heated row between Osbourne and Underwood.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The discussion started on The Talk when Osbourne was talking about defending Morgan over comments he made following Duchess Meghan’s interview with Oprah Winfrey, including insisting he didn’t believe her when she said she’d had suicidal thoughts.

In response, Underwood said: “While you are standing by your friend, it appears that you are giving validation or safe haven to something that he has uttered that is racist.”

Osbourne replied: “Educate me, tell me when you have heard him say racist things? I very much feel like I’m about to be put in the electric chair because I have a friend, who many people think is a racist, so that makes me a racist? How can I be racist about anybody or anything in my life.”

The show then cut to a commercial break, but when it returned, she continued to press Underwood for an explanation as to what was racist about Morgan’s comments and added: “And don’t try and cry, because if anyone should be crying, it should be me.”

Now, Osbourne has claimed she felt “blindsided” and “set up” with the grilling she received from her co-stars.

“It was like, ‘You’re asking me the questions, you’ve got the questions written down there, and I haven’t even had time to get my head together to come up with a correct answer here’,” she added to ET.

“You’re the one accusing me. And I didn’t even know this was happening. It was between her and I. I’m the one that should be crying here. My a– is on the line. I’ve just been pounced on, not even prepared for it.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
And the 68-year-old star – who has also denied allegations of using racist and homophobic slurs toward her former co-hosts – has “apologized” to Underwood after their row, although she hasn’t heard back yet.

“I own up to what I did. I can’t not own up. I said what I said. I got too personal with Sheryl. I should’ve never said stop her tears,” she continued. “She was hurting as I was hurting… I love Sheryl, I’ve apologized to Sheryl, she’s not gotten back and I can understand. Sheryl needs her time.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Birthday flowers put the lie to Markle-Mulroney rift
Author of the article:Liz Braun
Publishing date:Mar 16, 2021 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read • comment bubble22 Comments
An image from Jessica Mulroney's Instagram page
An image from Jessica Mulroney's Instagram page PHOTO BY INSTAGRAM /Toronto Sun
Article content
Jessica Mulroney had a birthday this week and one of her gifts was a bouquet from the Duchess of Sussex.

The Daily Mail reports that Mulroney shared a photo of the pale pink roses on her Instagram account, writing “Luckiest Friend XXXX Thx MM” — another clue that the women remain friends despite speculation to the contrary.

'This approach to labelling is misleading Canadian cannabis consumers'
Trackerdslogo
Markle was allegedly silent during Mulroney’s public flogging courtesy of another influencer last year, but wading into that debacle would have been futile — and may have been forbidden, given Markle’s role (albeit tenuous) in the British Royal Family.

It is unlikely Markle would have abandoned her close friend when things got tough. The duchess will not have failed to observe at the time the impossibility of defending oneself against accusations of racism and mental cruelty.

Jessica Mulroney is one of many high-profile individuals whose status does not impede their freedom to show public support to friends. Mulroney spoke up for Markle on social media when the advance furor over the “Harry and Meghan” interview with Oprah Winfrey began to build.

Meghan Markle and Jessica Mulroney’s friendship is apparently coming up roses. JESSICA MULRONEY INSTAGRAM STORIES SCREEN GRAMB
Meghan Markle and Jessica Mulroney’s friendship is apparently coming up roses. JESSICA MULRONEY INSTAGRAM STORIES SCREEN GRAMB PHOTO BY INSTAGRAM SCREEN GRAB /JESSICA MULRONEY
Just days prior to the interview airing, Buckingham Palace issued a statement about looking into bullying allegations against the Duchess of Sussex — dodgy timing from any viewpoint, and what certainly looked like clumsy damage control from The Firm.

The Times duly reported that according to complaints, Markle caused at least two personal assistants to quit and a third to think about it, all because the duchess was so difficult and demanding.

Mulroney took to Instagram to defend her friend, a simple gesture supported by 40,000 of her followers.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

Under a picture of the two women at a restaurant table, Mulroney wrote, “I don’t know that anyone has ever had to deal with the pressure, the politics and the press like this woman. In the face of it all, I have never seen her waver from kindness, empathy and love.”

Other celebrities such as Abigail Spencer and Chrissie Teigen showed their support via social media; after the Oprah interview had been shown, of course, there was an outpouring of support for Markle and Prince Harry from friends such as Serena Williams, Hugh Jackman, Beyonce and many others.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

An image from Jessica Mulroney's Instagram page
Jessica Mulroney on scandal upside: 'We finally know the a-------'
Meghan Markle's friend, Canadian fashion stylist Jessica Mulroney arrives for the wedding ceremony of Britain's Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and US actress Meghan Markle at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, in Windsor, on May 19, 2018.
Jessica Mulroney, Abigail Spencer defend Duchess of Sussex in impassioned posts
Jessica Mulroney (left) and Sasha Exeter (right).
JESSICA MULRONEY: 'Very difficult for her to come back from this'

Let’s hope Mulroney’s picture of her birthday bouquet will put an end to the idea that there is a rift between the women. Not much is left to chance on Instagram; in Mulroney’s post, you can see the name of the florist — Botany Floral Studio, right here in Toronto — responsible for the Duchess’ gift. Given the state of small businesses in this pandemic, that’s a thoughtful gesture on someone’s part.
1616062371117.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Sharon Osbourne under attack from another former 'The Talk' co-host
Publishing date:Mar 18, 2021 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read • comment bubble10 Comments
Sharon Osbourne poses at a screening of "A Million Little Pieces," in West Hollywood, Calif., Dec. 4, 2019.
Sharon Osbourne poses at a screening of "A Million Little Pieces," in West Hollywood, Calif., Dec. 4, 2019. PHOTO BY DANNY MOLOSHOK /REUTERS / FILES
Article content
Sharon Osbourne’s woes are mounting.

Another former The Talk co-host has taken aim at the TV personality as she battles back from an awkward stand-off on the daytime show and racism allegations.

A day after Leah Remini told the New York Post she heard Osbourne call a former Asian-American sidekick “slanty eyes” and “wonton,” actress Holly Robinson Peete has blasted Sharon for the way she handled the controversy.

Ozzy Osbourne’s wife shocked many with a denial statement on Wednesday, when she repeated the word “wonton” twice and told her critics to “f— off.”

Alarmed by the comments, Holly took to social media and wrote: “If your only response to a disgusting allegation of racist behavior is to tell ‘little people’ to ‘f— off’ you’re clearly not holding yourself accountable.”

Osbourne’s war of words began on an episode of The Talk last week, when she was challenged over comments she made during the live show defending her longtime friend Piers Morgan following his controversial take on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
An exchange between Osbourne and co-host Sheryl Underwood became heated when the comedian suggested Morgan’s comments were racist.

CBS network bosses put a hold on this week’s run of shows while they investigate the incident and Osbourne is considering whether she will return to the show when it re-airs next week.

In a new interview with DailyMail.com, which Holly has reposted, the 68 year old insisted the recent claims of racism against her are fake.

“Everybody’s got an opinion and everybody’s got a voice – it’s fine. It’s about knowing somebody’s been called out for something and then somebody else is like, ‘Yes!! I’m going to add something too’.

“It’s a pile on. People want to add fuel to the fire and it comes with the territory and that’s fine. Everyone’s got an opinion or a story like the wonton story. It’s like f— off with your f—— wonton story. F— off! All these little people who want to come out with a story about him (Piers Morgan) or me from the ’70s or ’80s or whatever, it’s like f— you all.”

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Go on, Sharon. Don't take any shit from those woke Yanks. I know Ozzy wouldn't

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Harry to be chief impact officer at mental health firm BetterUp
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Mar 23, 2021 • 58 minutes ago • 1 minute read • comment bubbleJoin the conversation
In this file photo taken on March 9, 2020 Prince Harry leaves after attending the annual Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey in London.
In this file photo taken on March 9, 2020 Prince Harry leaves after attending the annual Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey in London. PHOTO BY TOLGA AKMEN /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Britain’s Prince Harry will become the first chief impact officer of BetterUp Inc, a San Francisco-based firm that provides employee coaching and mental health assistance, the company said on Tuesday.

The move comes about a month after Buckingham Palace announced Harry, Queen Elizabeth’s grandson, and his American wife Meghan had made a final split with the royal family, and would not be returning as working members and would lose their patronages.

Earlier this month, the couple featured on Oprah Winfrey’s television interview, in which Meghan accused Britain’s royal family of racism and Harry claimed they had cut him and his wife off financially.

In his new role at BetterUp, Harry will focus on driving advocacy and awareness for mental fitness, diversify Betterup’s community of coaches and customers through strategic planning, among others, the company said.

Founded in 2013, BetterUp provides mobile-based coaching, counseling and mentorship programs for employees at more than 300 businesses including Chevron, Snap Inc and AT&T’s Warner Media.

Last month, the employee coaching service provider raised $125 million, taking its valuation to $1.73 billion.

The Wall Street Journal first reported the news of Harry’s new role.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Prince Harry to be chief impact officer at mental health firm BetterUp
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Mar 23, 2021 • 58 minutes ago • 1 minute read • comment bubbleJoin the conversation
In this file photo taken on March 9, 2020 Prince Harry leaves after attending the annual Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey in London.
In this file photo taken on March 9, 2020 Prince Harry leaves after attending the annual Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey in London. PHOTO BY TOLGA AKMEN /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Britain’s Prince Harry will become the first chief impact officer of BetterUp Inc, a San Francisco-based firm that provides employee coaching and mental health assistance, the company said on Tuesday.

The move comes about a month after Buckingham Palace announced Harry, Queen Elizabeth’s grandson, and his American wife Meghan had made a final split with the royal family, and would not be returning as working members and would lose their patronages.

Earlier this month, the couple featured on Oprah Winfrey’s television interview, in which Meghan accused Britain’s royal family of racism and Harry claimed they had cut him and his wife off financially.

In his new role at BetterUp, Harry will focus on driving advocacy and awareness for mental fitness, diversify Betterup’s community of coaches and customers through strategic planning, among others, the company said.

Founded in 2013, BetterUp provides mobile-based coaching, counseling and mentorship programs for employees at more than 300 businesses including Chevron, Snap Inc and AT&T’s Warner Media.

Last month, the employee coaching service provider raised $125 million, taking its valuation to $1.73 billion.

The Wall Street Journal first reported the news of Harry’s new role.

America is now a monarchy. Prince Harry is now America's prince. He'll be doing in America what he should be doing in Britain - being patron of various charities and opening hospitals and libraries and living in a big palace. He's now Prince Harry of the United States.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
America is now a monarchy. Prince Harry is now America's prince. He'll be doing in America what he should be doing in Britain - being patron of various charities and opening hospitals and libraries and living in a big palace. He's now Prince Harry of the United States.
Hey Blackleaf- All the gossip and bull shit indicates to me you are in fact a woman. :)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hey Blackleaf- All the gossip and bull shit indicates to me you are in fact a woman. :)

So what do YOU think Prince Harry is going to do in America? Work at McDonald's? Become a bus driver?

I, being sensible, think he'll be doing exactly what he used to do as a prince in Britain. Basically, he's America's prince now. America is a monarchy.

And considering the Americans love monarchy, it wouldn't surprise me, if those two lying bozos continue to be popular there, that Americans demand they be made King and Queen when Biden dies in office.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So what do YOU think Prince Harry is going to do in America? Work at McDonald's? Become a bus driver?

I, being sensible, think he'll be doing exactly what he used to do as a prince in Britain. Basically, he's America's prince now. America is a monarchy.

And considering the Americans love monarchy, it wouldn't surprise me, if those two lying bozos continue to be popular there, that Americans demand they be made King and Queen when Biden dies in office.
Maybe helicopter pilot? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Biden to die in office.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

Maybe helicopter pilot? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Biden to die in office.
he might quicker die in orifice. ;)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Nonsense.
That was how he earned his living prior to leaving the U.K.

Before he left the Army after 10 years' service, Prince Harry was a qualified pilot. ... Not only did Prince Harry pass his pilot course, he was chosen to fly "on merit" for the Army Air Corps and was "head and shoulders above his peers".Sep. 27, 2017