Prince Harry to marry girlfriend Meghan Markle next year

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

admit it Blackie you would do her...

I mean it would be a several levels up from you slapping peanut butter on your ass and do the neighbors dog. 😮 😮

I would do her and then get rid of her. I wouldn't have her living with me. Sod that for a game of toy soldiers.

• Haha
Reactions: B00Mer and Serryah

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
"Sod that for a game of toy soldiers."

That means "No way!", by the way.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'GAVE US BREATHING ROOM': Meghan and Harry found unlikely saviour in Tyler Perry
Actor offered help when couple's B.C. location became known as royals stripped security detail

Author of the article:Washington Post
Washington Post
Teo Armus, The Washington Post
Publishing date:Mar 08, 2021 • 2 hours ago • 4 minute read • comment bubbleJoin the conversation
Tyler Perry attends 'Tyler Perry visits the SiriusXM Hollywood studios in Los Angeles' at SiriusXM Studios on October 8, 2019 in Los Angeles.
Tyler Perry attends 'Tyler Perry visits the SiriusXM Hollywood studios in Los Angeles' at SiriusXM Studios on October 8, 2019 in Los Angeles. PHOTO BY EMMA MCINTYRE /Getty Images for SiriusXM
Article content
Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, had recently relocated to Canada early last year when they found themselves facing both the coronavirus pandemic and a potential threat to their safety.

A British tabloid had just published their exact location near Vancouver, but the couple — then in the midst of “stepping back” from their roles as senior royals — were about to lose their security services from the palace.

“Suddenly it dawned on me, ‘Hang on, the borders could be closed … The world knows where we are. It’s not safe, it’s not secure, we probably need to get out of here,” Harry recalled to Oprah Winfrey during an explosive, in-depth interview that aired Sunday night.

The couple’s saving grace, he said, ended up coming from an unexpected source: Tyler Perry, the powerful and polarizing producer, director, writer and actor. For three months in 2020, Meghan, Harry, and their infant son Archie stayed at one of Perry’s houses in Southern California with a full security detail.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
“We didn’t have a plan,” Meghan told Winfrey. The invitation from Perry, a close friend, “gave us breathing room to try to figure out what we were going to do,” she said.

In one stunning anecdote after another, the couple on Sunday decried the struggles they faced as members of the Royal Family, including “concerns and conversations” from inside Buckingham Palace about how dark Archie’s skin would be. Harry and Meghan said the climate was so difficult it pushed them to flee across the pond.

Yet many on the Internet seemed surprised that Perry, a billionaire entertainer perhaps best known for playing a spunky, foul-mouthed Southern grandma in drag, would emerge as an unlikely hero in the royal saga, providing protection for the couple when the palace wouldn’t.

If Perry’s role offered another unexpected revelation in the royal saga, it also arguably points to his rise to ubiquity in the entertainment world. In little more than two decades, he went from homelessness to reigning over a billion-dollar multimedia empire.

Now, to top it off, he’s become a footnote, of sorts, in British royal history.

A high school dropout born into poverty, Perry briefly lived out of his car while finishing his first play. It was Winfrey who took him under her wing, bringing him onto her talk show in 2001 after seeing one of his first productions.

“Perry has succeeded for two reasons: He has honed a product that too many others viewed as destined for the discount bin,” Madeline Berg wrote in Forbes Magazine, which last fall estimated his net worth at $1 billion. “And he made sure to control it all.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
His production company, Tyler Perry Studios, is the only major film studio owned by a Black person, according to the Los Angeles Times, and was home to the first TV series filmed entirely during the pandemic.

The sprawling former Confederate army base he turned into the company’s Atlanta headquarters even hosted a presidential primary debate in 2019. In a testament to his wide reach, local doctors specifically recruited him to get vaccinated on camera earlier this year as a way to fight skepticism among his Black fan base.

During the pandemic, he has regularly donated to fight food insecurity, and next month at the Academy Awards, he will be honored with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award.

“Tyler’s cultural influence extends far beyond his work as a filmmaker,” academy president David Rubin said in a statement to the Associated Press. “He has quietly and steadily focused on humanitarian and social justice causes from the beginning of his career, caring for people who are most often ignored.”

Yet his rise has not been without controversy. Perry’s Madea character has long been criticized for peddling what the writer Jamilah Lemieux once described as “the worst black pathologies and stereotypes.” While churning out a never-ending stream of movies, plays and TV shows – sometimes several in one year – the producer has also been slammed for writing all of his scripts himself and allegedly denying opportunities to up-and-coming Black writers.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo.
Meghan accuses royals of racism, says they pushed her to brink of suicide
People watch a televised conversation between Prince Harry with his wife Meghan Markle and Oprah Winfrey, in Arlington, Virginia March 7, 2021.
Serena Williams supports Meghan as reactions flow in to Oprah interview

But as some on social media pointed out, there was a salient racial element to his role in Harry and Meghan’s royal saga. While running away from the racist abuse of British tabloids, it was two Black American media moguls – Perry and Winfrey – who helped the couple once they decamped for North America.

If Buckingham Palace had left them feeling unprotected and silenced, the two Black billionaires had done the opposite. As one CNN editor wrote on Twitter, “A Black man gave them a home. A Black woman gave them a platform.”

Others highlighting Perry’s role in the episode, however, seemed to relish in the possibilities for future entertainment projects.

“Who’s playing Tyler Perry in The Crown season 8?” one person asked on Twitter.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
While running away from the racist abuse of British tabloids, it was two Black American media moguls – Perry and Winfrey – who helped the couple once they decamped for North America.

Can anyone find any evidence anywhere online of this supposed racist abuse? Because I've been looking and can't find any. What evidence has the author of that article got of this racist abuse? I can find plenty of newspaper articles about the wedding which were showing jubilation over the wedding and pictures of vast crowds on their wedding day, but I can't find any articles attacking Meghan over her race.

Welcome to 2021, where lefties can attack someone for being racist without any evidence.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Meghan says Archie was denied the title of prince because there were concerns "about how dark his skin might be when he's born"
Reuters
Michael Holden
Mar 08, 2021 • 3 hours ago • 7 minute read •
LONDON — Meghan, the wife of Prince Harry, accused the Royal Family of raising concerns about how dark their son’s skin might be and pushing her to the brink of suicide, in a tell-all television interview that will send shockwaves through the monarchy.
The 39-year-old, whose mother is Black and father is white, said she had been naive before she married into royalty in 2018, but that she ended up having suicidal thoughts and considering self harm after pleading for help but getting none.
Meghan said that her son Archie, now aged one, had been denied the title of prince because there were concerns within the Royal Family “about how dark his skin might be when he’s born.”
“That was relayed to me from Harry, those were conversations that family had with him,” Meghan recounted in an interview with Oprah Winfrey aired on CBS late on Sunday.
Meghan declined to say who had aired such concerns, as did Harry. He said his family had cut them off financially and that his father Prince Charles, heir to the British throne, had let him down and refused to take his calls at one point.
Buckingham Palace was not expected to give an immediate response to the interview, which aired in the early hours of Monday morning in Britain.
The two-hour broadcast was the most anticipated royal interview since Harry’s late mother Princess Diana shared intimate details of her failed marriage to Charles in 1995, denting the heir’s reputation and the family’s standing in the eyes of the British public.
Nearly three years since her star-studded wedding in Windsor Castle, Meghan described some unidentified members of the royal household as brutal, mendacious and guilty of racist remarks.
She also accused Kate, the wife of her husband’s elder brother Prince William, of making her cry before her wedding.
While the family came in for open criticism, neither Harry nor Meghan attacked Queen Elizabeth directly.
Still, Meghan said she had been silenced by “the Firm” – which Elizabeth heads – and that her pleas for help while in distress at racist reporting and her predicament had fallen on deaf ears.
“I just didn’t want to be alive any more. And that was a very clear and real and frightening constant thought. And I remember how he (Harry) just cradled me,” Meghan said, wiping away tears.
‘REALLY LET DOWN’
Harry and Meghan’s announcement in January, 2020, that they intended to step down from their royal roles plunged the family into crisis. Last month, Buckingham Palace confirmed the split would be permanent, as the couple looks to forge an independent life in the United States.
Harry, 36, said they had stepped back from royal duties because of a lack of understanding, and he was worried about history repeating itself – a reference to the death of his mother Diana who was killed in a 1997 crash as her car sped away from chasing photographers.
Asked what his mother would say about events, he answered: “I think she would feel very angry with how this has panned out and very sad.” He felt “really let down” by his father.
Harry denied blindsiding Queen Elizabeth, his grandmother, with his decision to shun life within the monarchy, but said Prince Charles stopped taking his calls at one point.
“I had three conversations with my grandmother, and two conversations with my father before he stopped taking my calls. And then he said, can you put this all in writing?”
Detractors say the couple, whose official title is the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, wanted the limelight, but were not willing to live with the attention and scrutiny it brought.
To supporters, their treatment shows how an outdated British institution lashed out against a modern, independent biracial woman.
“I know first-hand the sexism and racism institutions and the media use to vilify women and people of color to minimize us, to break us down and to demonize us,” Serena Williams, one of the world’s most successful tennis players and friend of Meghan’s, said on Twitter.
Amanda Gorman, the poet who wowed viewers at the inauguration of U.S. President Joe Biden, said on Twitter that Meghan had been the “Crown’s greatest opportunity for change, regeneration, and reconciliation in a new era. They didn’t just maltreat her light – they missed out on it.”
LIES AND TEARS
There have also been allegations of bullying against Meghan which appeared in The Times newspaper in the buildup to the couple’s appearance. Buckingham Palace said it would investigate the claims, adding it was “very concerned.”
Meghan told Winfrey that people within the royal institution not only failed to protect her against malicious claims but lied to protect others.
“It was only once we were married and everything started to really worsen that I came to understand that not only was I not being protected but that they were willing to lie to protect other members of the family,” Meghan said.
Meghan denied a newspaper story that she had made Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, cry before the wedding and said it was a turning point in her relations with the media and the palace.
“The reverse happened,” Meghan said. “A few days before the wedding she (Kate) was upset about something, pertaining to yes the issue was correct about the flower girl dresses, and it made me cry. And it really hurt my feelings.”
Meghan, who said they were not paid for the interview, conceded she had not realized what she was marrying into when she joined the British monarchy and “went into it naively.”
The couple also revealed that Meghan, who is pregnant with their second child, was expecting a girl.
Harry said Meghan had “saved” him from his trapped royal life. “I would disagree, I think he saved all of us. You made a decision that certainly saved my life,” Meghan said.
People watch a televised conversation between Prince Harry with his wife Meghan Markle and Oprah Winfrey, in Arlington, Virginia March 7, 2021.
'GAVE US BREATHING ROOM': Meghan and Harry found unlikely saviour in Tyler Perry
What we learned from Meghan and Harry’s interview
1) DARK SKIN
Meghan said an unidentified member of the British royal family made comments about how dark Archie, their son, would be. She refused to say who made the remarks. Harry said he would never disclose who said it.
Meghan said the royal family refused to make Archie a prince. Harry said no member of the family spoke out against racist articles about Meghan.
2) SUICIDE
Meghan said she was so miserable as a royal that she considered suicide and self harm. She wiped away tears.
She said she pleaded for help from the family but none was given. “I just didn’t want to be alive any more,” she said.
3) PRINCE CHARLES REFUSED TO TAKE SON’S CALLS
Prince Harry said his father Prince Charles, heir to the British throne, refused to take his calls at one point during the split.
“I feel really let down because he’s been through something similar. He knows what the pain feels like,” Harry said of his father. “I will always love him, but there’s a lot of hurt that’s happened.”
4) KATE MADE ME CRY
Meghan denied newspaper reports that she had made Kate, the wife of Prince William, cry. Meghan said it was Kate who made her cry before the 2018 wedding over the dresses for the flower girls.
5) PALACE LIES
Meghan said unidentified people in the Palace “were willing to lie to protect other members of the family. But they weren’t willing to tell the truth to protect me and my husband.”
6) HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF?
Harry said his biggest concern was that history would repeat itself – a reference to the death of his mother Diana who was killed in a 1997 crash as her car sped away from chasing photographers.
7) ROYALS CUT US OFF
Harry said his family had cut him off financially and that he had used money left to him by Diana. He said he was particularly hurt that security had been denied to him and his family.
“I think she (Diana) would feel very angry with how this has panned out and very sad. But ultimately, all she’s ever wanted is for us to be happy,” Harry said.
8) QUEEN ELIZABETH II
Harry said he had not blindsided Queen Elizabeth, his grandmother, with news of his split with the family.
Meghan said the queen “has always been wonderful to me.”
9) CHARLES AND WILLIAM ARE ‘TRAPPED’
Harry said Prince Charles and Prince William were trapped in the monarchy.
“I was trapped but I didn’t know I was trapped,” Harry said. “Like the rest of my family are, my father and my brother, they are trapped. They don’t get to leave.”
10) MARRIED THREE DAYS BEFORE
Meghan said the pair were married in a secret private ceremony three days before the official ceremony on May 19, 2018, in Windsor Castle.
11) BABY GIRL
The couple revealed that their second child, with whom Meghan is pregnant, is a girl.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If Buckingham Palace had left them feeling unprotected and silenced, the two Black billionaires had done the opposite.

Harry and Meghan, when they left the UK, said they wanted to be financially independent and no longer sponge off Prince Charles and Harry's grandparents. So Buckingham Palace said: "Right, so that means you pay for your own security."

So what did Meghan do last night? Complained that the Royal Family took away her and Harry's security and that they had to pay to get their own!

You can't make this up!

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Megyn Kelly trashes Meghan Markle: 'We're supposed to feel sorry for you?'
Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:Mar 08, 2021 • 2 hours ago • 3 minute read • comment bubble45 Comments
Megyn Kelly
Megyn Kelly PHOTO BY ANGELA WEISS /Getty Images
Article content
Longtime TV personality Megyn Kelly isn’t swallowing Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s claims of royal bullying and intimidation following the couple’s blockbuster interview with Oprah Winfrey Sunday night.

Kelly, who was ousted by NBC in 2018 after she defended blackface Halloween costumes on Megyn Kelly Today, ripped Markle during an interview Monday on ITV’s Good Morning Britain for saying she had “no idea what the Internet said about Harry” and not believing in the “grandeur” of life as a royal.

“This is a person who had (George) Clooney and Oprah at her wedding even though she didn’t know them, and then covered herself in blood diamonds from the Saudi prince. So spare us that you’re not into any of the grandeur.”

Last week, Markle was accused of wearing earrings gifted by the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who was allegedly connected to the murder of Washington Post writer Jamal Khashoggi.

Kelly also took aim at Markle for repeatedly using the interview with Oprah to pay compliments to herself while she enjoyed life “in the castle.”

“I was one of the people on the streets rooting for them, delighted that this was happening. She was an American, a person of colour and it looked like the modernization of the British monarchy,” Kelly said. “But what I saw was somebody who is totally un-self-aware, completely unaware of how she sounded.”

Imitating Markle, Kelly continued, “‘I wasn’t planning on saying anything shocking, except for my husband’s racist family almost drove me to suicidal thoughts while I was pregnant with my baby.'”

Following Markle’s claims that someone in the royal family had allegedly raised issues with the possibility of the couple’s son, Archie, being of a darker complexion, many viewers watching took to social media to accuse Prince Philip, the queen’s husband, as the culprit.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

“I don’t know who it was,” Kelly said, “but while the guy’s in hospital, you might want to put a corral around him and say, ‘I can tell you it’s not the suffering 99-year-old.’ Something to throw the guy a bone.”

This image provided by Harpo Productions shows Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, left, speaking with Oprah Winfrey during an interview.
This image provided by Harpo Productions shows Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, left, speaking with Oprah Winfrey during an interview. PHOTO BY JOE PUGLIESE /Harpo Productions via AP
But Winfrey confirmed Monday morning to Deadline that the comment about Archie’s skin tone didn’t come from Queen Elizabeth II or Prince Philip.

Still, elsewhere in her interview with Good Morning Britain, Kelly said she found Harry and Meghan’s claims of financial hardship laughable.

“Harry’s saying, ‘All I had was my mother’s inheritance.’ I looked that up — it’s about $15, 16 million. So you’re telling the American public, the British public, that we’re supposed to feel sorry for you because you couldn’t find a way to pay for your own security when you haven’t had to pay for a dime of your own life so far? The British taxpayers have paid for everything … You can shell out a few dollars to protect your child if you’re that worried about it.”

Markle’s comparison to royal life and the Disney film The Little Mermaid also drew Kelly’s ire.

“I was sitting in Nottingham cottage and The Little Mermaid came on,” Markle told Winfrey. “And who as an adult really watches The Little Mermaid, but it came on and I was like, ‘Well I’m here all the time I might as well watch this,’ and I went, ‘Oh my God she falls in love with the prince and because of that she loses her voice.'”

“It wasn’t predictable at all that to you that when you moved into the palace someone else was going to control the press? My six-year-old daughter knew that before I went off to cover the royal wedding. Everyone knew that!” Kelly exclaimed.

But breaking down support for Harry and Meghan’s Oprah chat is still divided along party lines, Kelly says.

“I think over here … the more conservative leaning people are against them and the more liberal people are for them, and against the monarchy.”

mdaniell@postmedia.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Harry, Meghan interview brings bumper U.S. TV audience
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Mar 08, 2021 • 2 hours ago • 2 minute read • comment bubbleJoin the conversation
This photo illustration shows people watching a televised conversation between Prince Harry with his wife Meghan Markle and host Oprah Winfrey, in Arlington, Virginia March 7, 2021.
This photo illustration shows people watching a televised conversation between Prince Harry with his wife Meghan Markle and host Oprah Winfrey, in Arlington, Virginia March 7, 2021. PHOTO BY OLIVIER DOULIERY /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Some 17.1 million Americans watched Oprah Winfrey’s bombshell television interview with Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, broadcaster CBS said on Monday.

CBS said Sunday’s two-hour interview, in which Harry and Meghan accused the royal family of racism and of failing to protect them from negative media coverage, drew the biggest audience for any entertainment special since the Oscars telecast in February 2020, which was watched by 23.6 million viewers.

It was also the most-watched non Super Bowl event on a Sunday in prime time in over a year, CBS said. The National Football League’s Super Bowl regularly draws an audience of around 100 million and is the highest-rated TV event in the United States.

Sunday’s interview was the first given by the couple since they stepped back from the British royal family a year ago. Meghan spoke of feeling suicidal while Harry said his father, Prince Charles, had let him down.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

The interview will be broadcast in Britain on Monday night. Buckingham Palace has yet to comment on their remarks.

It dominated the conversation on social media, morning television shows and newspaper front pages on Monday in Britain and abroad.

The hashtag #HarryandMeghanonOprah was among the top five trending items worldwide on Twitter during and after the broadcast, while #Abolishthemonarchy was also buzzing, with 11,200 tweets.

The couple’s interview covered not just their tensions with the royal family but also Harry’s disgust at the conduct of the British press, particularly the tabloids.

Meghan and Harry’s revelations featured top in every British newspaper website, apart from the Financial Times, where it took a lower billing to the Bank of England governor.

By lunchtime in London, Mail Online had 24 stories on the couple on its website. Its print stable-mate The Mail on Sunday published an 11-page special in anticipation of the broadcast. It recently lost a privacy lawsuit with Meghan.

The Daily Express had more than 30 different stories online.

Much of the coverage centered on the dramatic moment when Meghan said her son Archie, who will be two in May, had been denied the title of prince because there were concerns within the royal family “about how dark his skin might be when he’s born.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Piers Morgan called the interview "an absolutely disgraceful betrayal of the Queen and the Royal Family"

Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Mar 08, 2021 • 9 hours ago • 3 minute read • comment bubble30 Comments
People watch a televised conversation between Prince Harry with his wife Meghan Markle and Oprah Winfrey, in Arlington, Virginia March 7, 2021. PHOTO BY OLIVIER DOULIERY /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Serena Williams said she understood the “pain and cruelty” suffered by Meghan, the wife of Prince Harry, after she accused the Royal Family of racism.

Meghan, in an interview with Oprah Winfrey aired on CBS late on Sunday, said the Royal Family had concerns about how dark their son’s skin might be.

The 39-year-old, whose mother is Black and father is white, also said she was pushed to the brink of suicide after marrying into royalty in 2018.

Williams, a Black woman who has won 23 Grand Slam titles, said her “friend” Meghan had taught her “what it means to be truly noble.”

“I know firsthand the sexism and racism institutions and the media use to vilify women and people of color to minimize us, to break us down and demonize us,” Williams tweeted.

“We must recognize our obligation to decry malicious, unfounded gossip and tabloid journalism.

“The mental health consequences of systemic oppression and victimization are devastating, isolating, and all too often lethal.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

Meghan and Harry said in the interview their second child, who is due this summer, would be a girl.

“I want Meghan’s daughter, my daughter, and your daughter to live in a society that is driven by respect,” Williams added.

Other reactions to the Harry and Meghan interview
REPUBLIC, CAMPAIGN GROUP FOR ABOLITION OF THE MONARCHY
“The monarchy has just been hit by its worst crisis since the abdication in 1936. Whether for the sake of Britain or for the sake of the younger royals this rotten institution needs to go.”

BILLIE JEAN KING, FORMER U.S. TENNIS CHAMPION
“Among the revelations from the Meghan and Harry interview is Meghan’s struggle with mental health. Her honesty will hopefully lead to more acceptance and more help for those who need it.”

FORMER ‘STAR TREK’ ACTOR GEORGE TAKEI
“Maybe they should just make Oprah queen and call it a day.”

BRITISH BROADCASTER PIERS MORGAN
“This interview is an absolutely disgraceful betrayal of the Queen and the Royal Family. I expect all this vile destructive self-serving nonsense from Meghan Markle – but for Harry to let her take down his family and the Monarchy like this is shameful.”

MICHELLE TAUBER, PEOPLE MAGAZINE
“It’s really sort of seismic to hear a member of the royal family say that she herself felt that much in crisis.”

DAILY MAIL, UK, FRONT PAGE HEADLINE
“Meghan accuses Palace of racism”

DAILY MIRROR, UK, FRONT PAGE HEADLINE
“They asked how dark Archie’s skin would be”

A selection of British newspaper publications in response to the Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex’s interview with Oprah Winfrey on March 8, 2021 in London.
A selection of British newspaper publications in response to the Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex’s interview with Oprah Winfrey on March 8, 2021 in London. PHOTO BY CHRIS JACKSON /Getty Images
GREG KELLY, NEWSMAX TV HOST
“I’m not buying it. NOT BUYING IT. Meghan wanted it all. MONEY GRABBING ROYALS, you Nailed it OPRAH!”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
BERNICE KING, YOUNGEST CHILD OF THE LATE U.S. CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVIST MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.
“Royalty is not a shield from the devastation and despair of racism.”

DAN WOOTTON, FORMER CORRESPONDENT OF BRITAIN’S SUN NEWSPAPER
“Make no mistake, Meghan has just declared war on the Royal Family, telling Oprah: “They were willing to lie to protect other members of the family.”

SAEED JONES, U.S. AUTHOR
“WHEW, they almost killed this woman. I’m so glad Meghan and Harry got that baby and got the hell out of there.”

ANA NAVARRO-CARDENAS, GUEST CO-HOST OF TALK SHOW ‘THE VIEW’
“OOF. There hasn’t been this much English tea spilled in America since the Boston Tea Party.”

ABBY D. PHILIP. CNN POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT
“This is heartbreaking.”

NINA PARKER, E! NEWS CORRESPONDENT
“You know why Black women believe Meghan? Because we know exactly what micro aggressions look like. And how they slowly drive you insane.”

BRITTANY PACKNETT CUNNINGHAM, U.S. BLACK ACTIVIST AND PODCAST HOST
“The difference in treatment between Meghan and Kate is one of the clearest examples of the misogynoir at play & is a reminder that if they can do that to a Duchess, it’s happening to Black women *everyday*.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Meghan called Queen Elizabeth after hearing of Prince Philip's hospitalization
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:Mar 08, 2021 • 1 hour ago • 2 minute read • comment bubbleJoin the conversation
In this file photo taken on June 16, 2012, Britain's Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh salutes as he watches the troops ride past outside Buckingham Palace following the Queen's Birthday Parade, 'Trooping the Colour' at Horse Guards Parade in London .
In this file photo taken on June 16, 2012, Britain's Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh salutes as he watches the troops ride past outside Buckingham Palace following the Queen's Birthday Parade, 'Trooping the Colour' at Horse Guards Parade in London . PHOTO BY LEON NEAL /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex, called Queen Elizabeth II as soon as she heard that Prince Philip had been hospitalized.

The 99-year-old royal was taken to hospital on a precautionary measure in February and has since undergone a procedure for a pre-existing heart condition, as well as tests and monitoring relating to an infection.

And in her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan – who, along with her husband Prince Harry, stepped down as a senior member of the Royal Family last year – said she immediately phoned Queen Elizabeth, the wife of Prince Philip, to ask how she was doing.

In the pre-recorded interview, she said: “This morning I woke up earlier than H and saw that there was a note from someone in our team in the U.K. saying the Duke of Edinburgh had gone to the hospital. I just picked up the phone and I called the Queen just to check in. I just called, that’s what we do.”

Harry, 36, then added that whilst most of his family have a “level of control” in the things they do, he and Meghan prefer to just “be authentic.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

He said: “For so many of my family what they do, there’s a level of control in it. Because they’re fearful of what the papers are going to say about them. Whereas with us, it’s just like, be yourself. Be authentic, be genuine, just go and do what’s best for you. If you get it wrong you get it wrong, if you get it right you get it right.”

Meghan, 39, claimed in the interview that there had been several “concerns and conversations” raised by an unnamed member of the royal family about her son’s skin tone before his birth. But Oprah clarified the racist “concerns” raised by members of the royal family about Archie’s skin colour prior to his birth were not made by either Queen Elizabeth or Prince Philip.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in this undated handout photo.
Megyn Kelly

Oprah explained: “(Harry) did not share the identity with me but he wanted to make sure that I knew – and if I had the opportunity to share it – that it was not his grandmother, nor his grandfather that were part of those conversations.”

Philip was admitted to hospital last month after feeling unwell and has spent 17 nights there so far in what is his longest-ever stay while being treated for an infection.

On Friday, the royal underwent a “successful procedure” relating to a pre-existing heart condition, and is now resting at King Edward VII’s Hospital.

A statement from Buckingham Palace read: “Following The Duke of Edinburgh’s successful procedure at St Bartholomew’s Hospital on Wednesday, His Royal Highness has been transferred to King Edward VII’s Hospital this morning. The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for continuing treatment for a number of days.”

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

1615247375030.png

So Sorry 😞 Our Harry, Meghan & Oprah Special CANCELLED Tonight 🛑 We’ve Had An Email​

1615247418241.png

Meghan’s First 20 Lies 🤥 In 1 Minute😳

1615247440289.png

50 Porky 🐷 Pies In 50 Minutes 🤬 Me Me Me Me Meghan 🤥 Whattttt? Oprah Speechless 😶

1615247483533.png

Oscar For Meghan 👏 1* Review Harry Unedifying Oprah Interview 👑 Royal PR Disaster 😢 Poor Queen​

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Harry and Meghan told Oprah they secretly got married three days before their wedding...

1615255978336.png

Harry and Meghan did NOT secretly marry three days before the royal wedding: Friends of the couple admit 'secret marriage' was actually 'a private exchange of vows' - as vicar asks 'are rest of claims BS too?'​

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Meghan and Harry's sensational claims fact-checked: How friend contradicted Meghan's claim she never Googled Harry, the truth about that secret wedding and whether Archie really should have been a prince​

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Meghan called Queen Elizabeth after hearing of Prince Philip's hospitalization
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:Mar 08, 2021 • 1 hour ago • 2 minute read • comment bubbleJoin the conversation
In this file photo taken on June 16, 2012, Britain's Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh salutes as he watches the troops ride past outside Buckingham Palace following the Queen's Birthday Parade, 'Trooping the Colour' at Horse Guards Parade in London .
In this file photo taken on June 16, 2012, Britain's Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh salutes as he watches the troops ride past outside Buckingham Palace following the Queen's Birthday Parade, 'Trooping the Colour' at Horse Guards Parade in London . PHOTO BY LEON NEAL /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex, called Queen Elizabeth II as soon as she heard that Prince Philip had been hospitalized.

The 99-year-old royal was taken to hospital on a precautionary measure in February and has since undergone a procedure for a pre-existing heart condition, as well as tests and monitoring relating to an infection.

And in her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan – who, along with her husband Prince Harry, stepped down as a senior member of the Royal Family last year – said she immediately phoned Queen Elizabeth, the wife of Prince Philip, to ask how she was doing.

In the pre-recorded interview, she said: “This morning I woke up earlier than H and saw that there was a note from someone in our team in the U.K. saying the Duke of Edinburgh had gone to the hospital. I just picked up the phone and I called the Queen just to check in. I just called, that’s what we do.”

Harry, 36, then added that whilst most of his family have a “level of control” in the things they do, he and Meghan prefer to just “be authentic.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

He said: “For so many of my family what they do, there’s a level of control in it. Because they’re fearful of what the papers are going to say about them. Whereas with us, it’s just like, be yourself. Be authentic, be genuine, just go and do what’s best for you. If you get it wrong you get it wrong, if you get it right you get it right.”

Meghan, 39, claimed in the interview that there had been several “concerns and conversations” raised by an unnamed member of the royal family about her son’s skin tone before his birth. But Oprah clarified the racist “concerns” raised by members of the royal family about Archie’s skin colour prior to his birth were not made by either Queen Elizabeth or Prince Philip.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Megyn Kelly

Oprah explained: “(Harry) did not share the identity with me but he wanted to make sure that I knew – and if I had the opportunity to share it – that it was not his grandmother, nor his grandfather that were part of those conversations.”

Philip was admitted to hospital last month after feeling unwell and has spent 17 nights there so far in what is his longest-ever stay while being treated for an infection.

On Friday, the royal underwent a “successful procedure” relating to a pre-existing heart condition, and is now resting at King Edward VII’s Hospital.

A statement from Buckingham Palace read: “Following The Duke of Edinburgh’s successful procedure at St Bartholomew’s Hospital on Wednesday, His Royal Highness has been transferred to King Edward VII’s Hospital this morning. The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for continuing treatment for a number of days.”
As in most disputes there is generally faults on both sides, maybe not 50/50, could be 90/10 or 70/30, but some portion for sure, nonetheless!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Harry and Meghan have played the left like a fiddle

Read Tom Slater’s editorial from today’s edition of our daily newsletter.

TOM SLATER
DEPUTY EDITOR

8th March 2021

Spiked

This is taken from this evening’s edition of Today on spiked, our new daily newsletter. To get exclusive commentary and a round-up of all our content each day, sign up here.

Megxit has revealed much about the 21st-century elites. As Brendan O’Neill writes on spiked today, the media war between the Houses of Sussex and Windsor is a battle between the old aristocracy and the new, between an anachronistic monarchy whose legitimacy in the modern era rests on a sense of public service and stoicism, and a new woke set given to self-revelation and victimhood.
But it has also revealed much about the cultural elites and the alleged left. Namely, that identity politics has rotted their brains. Sections of society nominally hostile to monarchical privilege and celebrity cant have rallied to the defence of a duke and a duchess desperate to hold on to their royal privileges while jettisoning their royal obligations, to swap Windsor for Hollywood. All because of their tenuous claims to victimhood.

Leftists’ bizarre embrace of Harry and Meghan is not simply opportunistic. They have bought the bullshit the Sussexes are selling. They believe this entitled couple are saintly victims because it aligns with their absurd, intersectional notions of privilege; with their prejudices against the tabloids; and with their conviction that Britain is a foul place, full of foul people, harbouring foul views. A place this couple just had to flee.

Harry and Meghan have played the left like a fiddle.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Read Tom Slater’s editorial from today’s edition of our daily newsletter.

TOM SLATER
DEPUTY EDITOR

8th March 2021

Spiked

This is taken from this evening’s edition of Today on spiked, our new daily newsletter. To get exclusive commentary and a round-up of all our content each day, sign up here.

Megxit has revealed much about the 21st-century elites. As Brendan O’Neill writes on spiked today, the media war between the Houses of Sussex and Windsor is a battle between the old aristocracy and the new, between an anachronistic monarchy whose legitimacy in the modern era rests on a sense of public service and stoicism, and a new woke set given to self-revelation and victimhood.
But it has also revealed much about the cultural elites and the alleged left. Namely, that identity politics has rotted their brains. Sections of society nominally hostile to monarchical privilege and celebrity cant have rallied to the defence of a duke and a duchess desperate to hold on to their royal privileges while jettisoning their royal obligations, to swap Windsor for Hollywood. All because of their tenuous claims to victimhood.

Leftists’ bizarre embrace of Harry and Meghan is not simply opportunistic. They have bought the bullshit the Sussexes are selling. They believe this entitled couple are saintly victims because it aligns with their absurd, intersectional notions of privilege; with their prejudices against the tabloids; and with their conviction that Britain is a foul place, full of foul people, harbouring foul views. A place this couple just had to flee.

Harry and Meghan have played the left like a fiddle.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Don’t let Harry off the hook

The misfit prince is at least as irritating as Meghan, and has been bristling against his duties for years.

Don’t let Harry off the hook

RAKIB EHSAN

COLUMNIST

8th March 2021

Spiked

It is the talk of the town. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Harry and Meghan, have done an interview with Oprah Winfrey for US network CBS, which will be broadcast in Britain tonight on ITV.

It’s all gone a bit pear-shaped. I remember a good number of British identitarian leftists who felt that a mixed-race American woman marrying into the royal family was a fine moment for social integration and race relations. This union represented a fundamental modernisation of the royal family as an institution, they said – one that would supposedly thrust the monarchy in line with the diversification of modern-day British society.

The framing of the marriage as an Earth-shattering form of social and institutional change – one that could bridge community divides and create a more cohesive society – was laughable back then, and even more so now. I was never quite convinced that a marriage between an unremarkable American celebrity and a royal who had previously indulged in Nazi fancy dress, and who once referred to a fellow soldier as ‘our little Paki friend’, would bring such lavish rewards. One can be forgiven for suspecting that Prince Harry – with his past race-related indiscretions, now building a family with a non-white woman – is overcompensating in his efforts to become a racial-justice warrior.

In the Harry and Meghan saga, Harry has got off far too lightly. Los Angeles-born Meghan, who is average at best in terms of her acting ability, is a product of feckless American showbiz culture, rooted in shameless self-promotion. How and why British social conservatives – and indeed Buckingham Palace – expected modest, duty-bound service from her puzzles me to this day. But the portrayal of Meghan as some sort of devious foreign witch who corrupted Harry and set him against the royal family is woefully simplistic.

There is no questioning that the misfit prince has had a difficult childhood – including the untimely death of his mother, Princess Diana, just two weeks before his 13th birthday. He also served in the army for 10 years, rising to the rank of captain and undertaking two tours to Afghanistan. His central involvement with the Invictus Games, in which wounded, injured and sick military personnel participate, is admirable. But along with his prior racial scandals, he has often cut a moany and disillusioned figure. He has routinely complained about the intrusive nature of the press. He even remarked at one point that he doesn’t really like England all that much. It is clear as day that he has found royal duties overly restrictive for many years.

The writing has been on the wall for a while – Harry has wanted to distance himself from his family and loosen ties with the British monarchy as an institution. This predates any kind of romantic relationship with Meghan. To suggest that Harry suddenly lost interest in fulfilling his royal duties as a direct result of Meghan’s influence is historical revisionism. Harry has clearly been jostling for greater ‘freedom’ from the responsibilities that come with being a member of the royal family for some time. His marriage to Meghan – who unsurprisingly struggled to find her feet in the workings of the British monarchy – presented a golden opportunity.

As the Oprah interview is beamed into Brits’ homes tonight, the optics are likely to be terrible for Harry – pleading for his privacy in front of an audience of millions, and whining about his departure from the royal family while his 99-year-old grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh, continues to lie in hospital following heart surgery.

The misfit prince doesn’t like England all that much – and he is about to find out that the feeling is very much mutual.