Positive Affirmations!

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
You are an amazing man Nuggler! Tell us more of this navy lint you speak of. :canada:

Yes I am, amen't I..........:tard:

HeeHoo looks not as his navel whilst meditating, does not realize the potential for lint-collecting.
Having at one time worked for the government, I mastered the art of navel-gazing, and therefore, can tell, almost before anyone, that there is lint........there.

The next affirmative step is to organize a committee in order to discuss ways and means of removing said lint, or if in fact, leaving it there might have more definite alluvial ramifications towards a common positive goal-oriented team-player stated outcome.

Or not.

There.

:read2:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
On January 29th, 2008, 05:15 AM Scott-free wrote:
Quoting Scott Free I am in control of my life - I just need to lose weight, quit smoking, drink responsibly, remember speed kills, watch my intake of trans fats, be multicultural, think green, wear a bicycle helmet, get regular exercise, rat on my neighbors, eat the recommended daily number of fresh fruits and vegetables, etc... yeah I'm in control... I would rather be free though...

Hey, Scott..., you sound like the average Canadian, including myself with a few alterations! :lol:
O.k., all those are minor things and could be turned around, IF you (and I) really wanted to! So, mind over matter - change the things you can change. Stop whining!;-)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I think you missed my point. I was sarcastically commenting on the Canadian government's propaganda machines efforts to control our thinking.
Mass brainwashing is done all over the globe. It cannot be avoided, especially not now during the information age. But there will always be some bright people who know what's going on. Actually, Scott-Free, the government is helping you to stay alert, to take nothing at face-value, always double check what THEY tell you. Instead of complaining and fearing the government is trying to control you, simply laugh at them and say, 'ha... I know exactly what YOU are up to, YOU won't fool me! Haha."
I was lamenting our slide into totalitarianism where people are routinely being charged with thought crimes in this country
Never heard of it! Or do you mean you can't dispute the Holocaust? That's forbidden all over Europe as well! So, who cares? It's history - finito! What else could you be thinking about? We still do live in a democracy, just in case you didn't know!:lol: If you don't like something - tell your MP!
... and every fifth TV ad is telling us what to think, what to care about, what is killing us, etc.
Turn the TV off! Don't listen! Make up your own mind... you are still free to do at least that!
My meaning was that, though people have the idea that they are free, they, in reality, are far from being free. This is classic double-think where someone can hold two conflicting ideals. Namely, they think they are free but they also hold to beliefs that were put there by government and NGOs.
ONLY if you let them!
They hold firmly to the beliefs as though they had real personal experiences behind their thinking but, in reality, they are derived from unauthentic experience. So, while they can list off hundreds of things they "can't" do or shouldn't do, because they saw an ad somewhere with a crying mother or child, they can likewise think they are free.
If you are the one who sees through all this, tell the people around you... not in a way of preaching like the Jehovah's Witnesses. Quietly tell them what you think and why.
To generalize the situation, and I think that is what you mean, where the government tells us we need to lose weight and we accept that as necessary, then we are actually following an order, it is not our own idea to lose weight, but the governments. Therefore, you think, we can't be free, even if we say out loud, "I am freee...!" That would be a contradiction, wouldn't it? So, "I'm living an illusion" would be the logical consequence. Alright, IF it doesn't bother me I can still say "I'm in control of my life!!"
So, while a person can list all the reasons they shouldn't do this or that thing they have no real experience that explains why.
True!
They have testimony and questionable statistics and accept the message without examining the evidence. By not examining the evidence they are able to hold conflicting beliefs.
That is true, too! All we can do is trust... trust our parents, our teachers, our best friend, our partner and our government. It is impossible to inspect and verify EVERYTHING.... not possible! So, in order not to feel suspicious, victimized and worrisome all the time, we have to let go and simply trust. That's why we have a democratic government in Canada, and that is why we have a right to know what is going on in Afghanistan, just as an example.
The Una-bomber comes to mind! Apparently he was fed-up somehow with the government, with society and moved into a shack in a forested area, away from everything. But still, he wasn't free, because he carried revenge in his heart.
Then there was this guy with the grizzly bears. Another guy from California who went on a hike and lived in an abandoned bus in the woods. They wanted to be free and in a sense they were, but in the end they parished miserably.
Then there is Nelson Mandela, who spent years in prison, worked hard in a stone quarry. He was physically restrained, but his spirit was free to soar! They couldn't crush him. That is what I would call "to be free".
If enough people do this (don't examine evidence), then a concept say like "speed kills" (speed is a factor in fewer than 10% of accidents - alcohol and speed is the real killer) then the concept will become an accepted social norm without evidence. Then insurance companies and government can implement all kinds of controls that make no sense whatsoever in the face of actual evidence. That is not freedom - it is totalitarianism; the control of what and how people think.
A good example ... I see some light at the end of this conversation!;-)
"Evidence has been tempered with," it's called. A huge and classic example is the war in Iraq!
I don't want to live like the Una-Bomber or the grizzly-man, so I will have to say. for now I accept the things I have no control over, and I live in the same boat with millions of other souls, except I have peace in my heart.
But, really, what do people care if they are going along with it all because it "makes sense" to them and so they are choosing to behave as they do, so in reality they are free?
Yes, I would say they are. Scott, often people put hard to handle problems into God's hands, they surrender their power to God, so to speak, because they cannot live in a conflict forever, there has to come the insight and the surrender.
I bet a lot of the tortured detainees have only survived because they surrendered to their God! They put their fate into his hands, because that is all they could do, and that gave them mental peace. That's what I imagine they would do, because that's what I perhaps would do, too in a similar situation.
Except for one small problem: they aren't actually free.
What is actual? :roll::roll::?:

HELP, SOMEONE!!!!
Loon is going to duck under now
V
V
v
v
v

Last edited:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I enjoyed your response dancing-loon.

Obviously I'm not a religionist and surrendering to some imaginary sky god hardly equates to freedom for me - it is actually a prison - one I escaped.

I don't think our opinions are too different except I see alternatives to religion and I don't think religion holds any answers, just promises. Religion is the very essence of a control doctrine full of thought crime. In a religion everyone is guilty of something, even if it was just a fleeting thought. I don't know how anyone can willingly live like that.

You see, I don't think government has our best interests in mind; they are a consortium of thieves and lairs.. They have their own interests at heart and those are directly in opposition to our own. While most peoples parents have their child's interest in mind religion doesn't and government doesn't. Your trust is misplaced in my opinion.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I enjoyed your response dancing-loon.

Obviously I'm not a religionist and surrendering to some imaginary sky god hardly equates to freedom for me - it is actually a prison - one I escaped.

I don't think our opinions are too different except I see alternatives to religion and I don't think religion holds any answers, just promises. Religion is the very essence of a control doctrine full of thought crime. In a religion everyone is guilty of something, even if it was just a fleeting thought. I don't know how anyone can willingly live like that.

You see, I don't think government has our best interests in mind; they are a consortium of thieves and lairs.. They have their own interests at heart and those are directly in opposition to our own. While most peoples parents have their child's interest in mind religion doesn't and government doesn't. Your trust is misplaced in my opinion.
Good for you, Scott, that you have freed yourself of religious shackles. I know, because I have experienced several times a "saving hand" over my life, that there IS a benevolent Spirit. I believe the teachings of Christ. And I do believe in Karma.

Good Night

Reactions: Scott Free

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
dancing-loon ,

Interesting! I love it when you challenge me!!

What Iam saying dancing-loon is that if there is any control of anyone or anything, one that does the controlling
does not have any knowledge or understanding of the things he controls or tries to control .
....hence
I am in control of my life!
-THEN PERHAPS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT .

Your turn dancing-loon .

Last edited:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
dancing-loon ,

What Iam saying dancing-loon is that if there is any control of anyone or anything, one that does the controlling
does not have any knowledge or understanding of the things he controls or tries to control .
....hence

Your turn dancing-loon .
Sorry, I just about overlooked your post, but am glad I found it!

Alright, first off the bat I must tell you something that is happening right now here in my room where I'm sitting.
I have a bat in my room! While sitting here in my comfortable corner I hear the whirring of wings near my head! Just like I have heard before during the summer, when a bat got lost in my house. But now it is deep winter, cold and snowy outside, no mosquitoes to eat for a lost bat.
I watch her flying around, settling briefly on the window sheers, taking a rest.
I put you and my computer aside and get up. I had decided not to chase her outside where she would surely perish, but I thought I'll let her fly into the hallway and from there she has access to an upstairs room I hardly use.
So, I'll prop the door to the hallway open and look where she is... well, not on the sheers anymore... I don't see her at all, even going into the living-room where the french doors are a crack open. No, she is not in there.
Time for a snack! I go to the fridge and pull out some thawed cranberries. They are sour, so I add some brown sugar, stir them around and get some Half and Half milk to pour over. I look at the kitchen wall clock and notice there is something dark sitting next to it on a little ceramic clown mask. It is the bat!!! She is sitting very quietly, does not move!
I went back to my chair and think, what is the meaning of a bat at this time? Is she bringing me a message? I get my dream book out and look up under bat. Here is what it says:

Bat:
Might be a pun on acting a bit "batty," crazy, erratic, unpredictable, or may symbolize being "blind as a bat," not seeing what is right under your nose, or "batting around" with an active night life. Bats are generally considered repulsive to all but their own kind, but they are also well-known for their sonar hearing which cold represent intuition, keen hearing, good listening, and ability to tune in to higher vibrations.

I high-lighted the possible possibilities! Now I have something to ponder over.:roll: I have a feeling she is here for a reason, and for me in particular. Do YOU have any suggestions for me?
I just checked... she is still resting on that mask. I will leave her there till tomorrow and then ask around what to do.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Now, let me see what you said. The person who is in control, does not know what he controls. Is that right?
I said, I'm in control of my life. According to you I do not know what I control. I said and also think.. my life! What I meant with that affirmation is a positive acknowledgment, that I feel and think I'm pretty much in control of my ordinary daily life. And that is, after checking it over for a moment, pretty much true. Of course, anything I decided to do would have its consequences. If I am willing to accept and carry those consequences, whether they be physical, mental or spiritual, I am free to do anything, even take my own life.

You, China, probably meant the cosmic or pure spiritual aspect of my life, and there, of course, I have to admit I am not in control! My life, as I know it here on earth, could be taken away from me at any time, and I would have no power nor control over the situation. Now, I could also be struck with an illness that would render me "nuts"!:lol: Again, my control would be taken away. But, I wouldn't care!
Those are things that are part of my karma, and I cannot escape my karma.

Am I slowly approaching your wave length, dear china??;-)

Please, consider what it could be like, If I didn't have these positive outlooks in my daily struggles to keep my sanity and have serenity and strength to live my life, I might as well pack my bags and head for the sunset!

Your turn!!:lol:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Please, consider what it could be like, If I didn't have these positive outlooks in my daily struggles to keep my sanity and have serenity and strength to live my life, I might as well pack my bags and head for the sunset]
That I's what I did,packed myself and ended up in China , never regret it a.moment .
And a bat ? Hey man ,bat is cool , no problem , it sleeps all day long and what it does at night ,who cares. As long. you don't see any pigeons in your house,they can be a problem..But don't take my word , check it in your dream book......as long as you don't see pigeons ,all will be fine dancing-loon .

Last edited:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Here is a very beautiful little video I dedicate to my special friend, the brave soldier, who was willing to give his young, innocent life for a cause he believed in!

Chiquita - Abba

Enjoy!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Positive Thinking in Action! An inspiring story,.... it's contagious!:-D

[SIZE=-1]More Than Just a Snow Man

It might have been a really bad stressful day, feeling trapped inside by the cold and snow which surrounded us. My husband was the first to shift his consciousness, as the occupants of our home chose to experience the definition of stir crazy inside. He dressed accordingly and announced that he was going outside to build a giant snowman.

At first he stood alone, piling massive amounts of snow. Soon after a neighbor joined in my husband's quest to embrace the opportunity the winter presented. Maintaining less than desirable attitudes, we reluctantly put on our snow gear and headed outside. It wasn't long before we were smiling and enjoying the abundance of snow that Mother Nature had provided. Others came to our yard one by one to give a hand in the making of our giant snowman.

In the end we all stood back and marveled at what we had created. He was eleven feet high, twenty-five feet around at the base and adorn with many household items supplied by various families. There he stood, our glorious, gigantic snowman. He truly was magnificent and exemplified the best of human spirit.

People drove by and smiled. Some even stopped to enjoy his sheer existence. The spirit that went into creating him seemed to catch on and we all enjoyed it while the cold temperatures allowed.

With the passing of time, the spring made its way back into our yard and the snowman changed form considerably. In a final effort to save what we created for just a little bit longer somebody stopped by and changed the snowman's remains to look like a rabbit.

As I prepared for the start of another week, I decided to check my email before going to bed. I found a curious message that contained the subject line: enjoy the snowman. I decided to read the message even though I did not recognize who sent it. The words it contained melted my heart.

The email said: ...your neighbor looks on in disbelief! I am sure you people are relishing the sounds and smells, along with sights of spring. The energy displayed in Mr. Snowman or Ms., is filled with vigor and joyous energy. You and your family keep it up, as this is what the world needs now. Love sweet love. More power to you and your loved ones, keep sharing with the world around.

Perhaps it was more than a snowman we built that day. I'd like to agree that it was. The message seems clear. Our circumstances will turn out to be what we make of them. The possibilities are endless and the choice is ours.

--- Copyright © 2007 Shirley Warren
Shirley Warren describes her writing as the best excuse she can find for avoiding housework. Her works are based on her desire to find inspiration in ordinary day to day experiences. She resides in Massachusetts with her family, where they choose to live happily ever creating www.ohmdog.com to spread peace and happiness.
[/SIZE]

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
' The Daffodil Principle'

' Several times my daughter had telephoned to say, 'Mother, you must
come to see the daffodils before they are over.'

I wanted to go, but it was a two-hour drive from Laguna to Lake
Arrowhead 'I will come next Tuesday', I promised a little reluctantly
on her third call.

Next Tuesday dawned cold and rainy. Still, I had promised, and
reluctantly I drove there. When I finally walked into Carolyn's house I
was welcomed by the joyful sounds of happy children. I delightedly
hugged and greeted my grandchildren.

'Forget the daffodils, Carolyn! The road is invisible in these clouds
and fog, and there is nothing in the world except you and these children
that I want to see badly enough to drive another inch!'

My daughter smiled calmly and said, 'We drive in this all the time,
Mother.'

'Well, you won't get me back on the road until it clears, and then I'm
heading for home!' I assured her.

'But first we're going to see the daffodils. It's just a few blocks,'
Carolyn said. 'I'll drive. I'm used to this.'

'Carolyn,' I said sternly, 'Please turn around.'

'It's all right, Mother, I promise. You will never forgive yourself if
you miss this experience.'

After about twenty minutes, we turned onto a small gravel road and I saw
a small church. On the far side of the chur ch, I saw a hand lettered
sign with an arrow that read, ' Daffodil Garden .' We got out of the
car, each took a child's hand, and I followed Carolyn down the path.
Then, as we turned a corner, I looked up and gasped. Before me lay the
most glorious sight. '

It looked as though someone had taken a great vat of gold and poured it
over the mountain and its surrounding slopes. The flowers were planted
in majestic, swirling patterns, great ribbons and swaths of deep orange,
creamy white, lemon yellow, salmon pink, and saffron and butter yellow.
Each different colored variety was planted in large groups so that it
swirled and flowed like its own river with its own unique hue. There
were five acres of flowers.

'Who did this?' I asked Carolyn. 'Just one woman,' Carolyn answered.
'She lives on the property. That's her home.' Carolyn pointed to a
well-kept A-frame house, small and modestly sitting in the midst of all
that glory. We walked up to the house.

On the patio, we saw a poster. 'Answers to the Questions I Know You Are
Asking', was the headline. The first answer was a simple one. '50,000
bulbs,' it read. The second answer was, 'One at a time, by one woman.
Two hands, two feet, and one brain.' The third answer was, 'Began in
1958.'

For me, that moment was a life-changing experience. I thought of this
woman whom I had never met, who, more than forty years before, had
begun, one bulb at a time, to bring her vision of beauty and joy to an
obscure mountaintop. Planting one bulb at a time, year after year, this
unknown woman had forever changed the world in which she lived. One day
at a time, she had created something of extraordinary magnificence,
beauty, and inspiration. The principle her daffodil garden taught is one
of the greatest principles of celebration.

That is, learning to move toward our goals and desires one step at a
time--often just one baby-step at time--and learning to love the doing,
learning to use the accumulation of time. When we multiply tiny pieces
of time with small increments of daily effort, we too will find we can
accomplish magnificent things. We can change the world .

'It makes me sad in a way,' I admitted to Carolyn. 'What might I have
accomplished if I had thought of a wonderful goal thirty-five or forty
years ago and had worked away at it 'one bulb at a time' through all
those years? Just think what I might have been able to achieve!'

My daughter summed up the message of the day in her usual direct way.
'Start tomorrow,' she said.

She was right. It's so pointless to think of the lost hours of
yesterdays. The way to make learning a lesson of celebration instead of
a cause for regret is to only ask, 'How can I put this to use today?'

Use the Daffodil Principle. Stop waiting.....

Until your car or home is paid off

Until you get a new car or home

Until your kids leave the house

Until you go back to school

Until you finish school

Until you clean the house

Until you organize the garage

Until you clean off your desk

Until you lose 10 lbs.

Until you gain 10 lbs.

Until you get married

Until you get a divorce

Until you have kids

Until the kids go to school

Until you retire

Until summer

Until spring

Until winter

Until fall

Until you die...

There is no better time than right now to be happy.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

So work like you don't need money.

Love like you've never been hurt, and,

Dance like no one's watching.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wishing you a beautiful, daffodil day!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Dirty old men, get lost!!! :roll:

As I've aged.....

I've become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it, if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon?

I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60&70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love .. I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon, if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.
They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car?
But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion.
A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question,
I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it)

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
That is the path I decide to follow as well Loon, I do things now because they amuse me, I very rarely get angry at anyone for no reason(unless their arseholes lookin for a fight), I don't fold my laundry, I have a clean pile and a dirty pile -sometimes I get them mixed up. I fart around my workshop when I get a notion to build something, I work when I want to and hope to retire early- when I do I will buy a small peice of land build a nice small house and garden to laze away the rest of my life blissfully ignorant of the turmoil in this world.