Positive Affirmations!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Be yourself and enjoy life!

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so...

kiss slowly,

laugh insanely,

love truly,

and forgive quickly.

Last edited:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I feel so good and positive after a piece of this...

da lacht das Herz im Leibe!;-);-):lol:

Last edited:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Yes Sir! And despite that culinary sin I lost 5 pounds!!!Yoohoo:lol:

Just now I came upon a very inspiring and positive story....

81-year-old aims for black belt
The 81-year-old is gearing up for a challenge many people a fraction of his age wouldn't even attempt: getting his black belt in tae kwon do.
"I'm a 60-year-old mind in an 81-year-old body," Rogers said as he practiced Sunday, snapping boards with his fists.
Rogers took up tae kwon do three years ago, when he was 78.
"I had a heart attack, a heart failure," he said. "Four days later I got the operation, a double bypass.
"I couldn't even pick up an empty cardboard box without getting out of breath. I decided I needed something...aerobics was boring," he said.
His first instructor was just 15 years old.
"Here I was, an old guy, and there's my instructor with a shaven head and three earrings," he said.
Read the full story:
http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc...Kwon_Do_080810
----------------------------------------------------------
I think I should haul myself some teenagers off the back lane and have them teach me some of their skills!!! Athletic skills, that is!!;-):lol:

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
I think that now that i have no more animals to care for, that i do have more control over what i do, there is nothing to stop me from doing exactly as i please when i please,i no longer have to worry about, if they are ok without me, or have they been feed ,i only have to worry about me ,this has been a long time coming, and now that its here ,im in a quandary as what to do ,they gave my life purpose ,and ive always been one of those people, that feel better when im helping or caring or doing something for some one else ,when it comes to me i don't really mind what i do for myself, i don't spoil myself, or treat myself, i guess im gonna have to start to learn to take care of me..thanks for asking..:lol:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I used to watch a lot of pro wrestling years ago. One of my heroes was the manager Grand Wizard who was asked how he likes to spend his time.

His reply: counting my money.

When asked why, he said: because I love to collect pictures of dead presidents.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I used to watch a lot of pro wrestling years ago. One of my heroes was the manager Grand Wizard who was asked how he likes to spend his time.

His reply: counting my money.

When asked why, he said: because I love to collect pictures of dead presidents.
:lol:very funny!
Well, they say money doesn't make you happy, and I have found that to be true. Just observe the rich who seemingly have everything, except happiness!
My Dad used to say he didn't want to be rich, just have a dime more in his pocket than he needed!!!!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
For over 7 years, Regina Brett was a columnist at The Beacon Journal in Akron , Ohio.

During that time, she was diagnosed and successfully treated for breast cancer.

Regina is now a columnist for The Plain Dealer in Cleveland , Ohio. Her column runs on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday.

'To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I've ever written. My odometer rolls over to 50 this week, so here's an update:"

Lessons in Life By Regina Brett

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.;-)

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.:smile:

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.:roll:

11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

13. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.

16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.

17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.

18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.

19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

22. Over-prepare, then go with the flow.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple. :lol:

24. The most important sex organ is the brain.!!!

25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'

27. Always choose life.

28. Forgive everyone, everything.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.!!!

32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will stay in touch.

33. Believe in miracles.

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.

35. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.

38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

41. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

42. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.!!!!!

45. The best is yet to come.

46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

48. If you don't ask, you don't get.

49. Yield.:smile:

50. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Oh, I love this story.... I'm living it...finally!;-):lol:'

THE WORLD'S SHORTEST FAIRY TALE!

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'

The girl said:'NO!'

And the girl lived happily ever-after and went shopping, dancing, camping, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, didn't get fat, traveled more, had many lovers, didn't save money, and had all the hot water to herself.

She went to the theater, never watched sports, never wore friggin' lacy lingerie that went up her ass, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, felt and looked fabulous in sweat pants and was pleasant all the time.

The End.
:lol:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
"Lets say two couples get together after a long separation. The two women will have a conversation, lasting several days, during which they discuss virtually every significant event that has occurred in their lives and the lives of those they care about, sharing their innermost thoughts, analyzing and probing, inevitably coming to a deeper understanding of each other, and a strengthening of a cherished friendship. Wheras the guys will watch the playoffs."

exerpt - Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I know, Kreskin.... guys are guys, and we women love them the way they are!!! I miss mine!:x

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Take charge of your life!

It's been over four long months since I posted here! In the meantime we have entered a new year ... 2009!! May you all enjoy good health and be happy (with what you have!).:grin:

For me 2008 was a good year. I kept improving my health by deciding to take charge! July 1st I went off my rat poison pills, Coumadin, a blood thinner.
I started to walk ... up to five and six kilometers a day. My heart got stronger; my overall well-being improved; my spirits soared...

I look very much forward to spring, when I can again make my rounds around the race track!
Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them. ~Martin Henry Fischer
So true! We are an over-drugged society.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Good for you, that's wonderful,
I am starting my long distance walking on Monday, I have been doing some
fitness training in the house, but I yearn for the outdoors and the breeze
in my face, even walking in the rain is nice, just need gortex.
Good luck, and have a great year.