Polio in New York

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
And now Monkeypox.

Found this bit interesting: "“Having fewer sexual partners, particularly anonymous partners, even when they don’t have symptoms, can also reduce your risk of getting infected,” they said."

Yeah, like that's going to happen.

I expect the usual suspects out there will deny the vaccine for it because, you know, vaccines, new world order, ownership by the big Pharma, etc, etc...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
And now Monkeypox.

Found this bit interesting: "“Having fewer sexual partners, particularly anonymous partners, even when they don’t have symptoms, can also reduce your risk of getting infected,” they said."

I expect the usual suspects out there will deny the vaccine for it because, you know, vaccines, new world order, ownership by the big Pharma, etc, etc...
Unlike the COVID vaccines which were developed quickly thus opening themselves up for critizism, the monkey pox vaccine has been around for a while and was developed and tested the usual way. Also the smallpox vaccine also is reasonably effective against it. This will protect the older and more vulnerable people as they all had this shot. It's primarily the millenials which are at risk of monkeypox and they can get the vaccine if they want. I don't think we need a global health emergency about it.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Unlike the COVID vaccines which were developed quickly thus opening themselves up for critizism, the monkey pox vaccine has been around for a while and was developed and tested the usual way. Also the smallpox vaccine also is reasonably effective against it. This will protect the older and more vulnerable people as they all had this shot. It's primarily the millenials which are at risk of monkeypox and they can get the vaccine if they want. I don't think we need a global health emergency about it.

Yet there are still people who think polio and the MMR vaccine are all the above, so it's not just a 'Covid vaccine' denial issue.

As for the rest, no comment since it's been back and forth for almost 2 years and if people don't get it now then they won't ever get it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yet there are still people who think polio and the MMR vaccine are all the above, so it's not just a 'Covid vaccine' denial issue.

As for the rest, no comment since it's been back and forth for almost 2 years and if people don't get it now then they won't ever get it.
Yes, the anti-vaxxers who cite the now discreditied 'scientist' who linked autism to childhood vaxes seemed to start that. But There is a large set of anti-covid vax people who are not against other vaxes. Given monkey pox alreeady has a proven vax, I think its only the much smaller group of anti-vax crazies who will be against it.

Reactions: taxslave

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yes, the anti-vaxxers who cite the now discreditied 'scientist' who linked autism to childhood vaxes seemed to start that. But There is a large set of anti-covid vax people who are not against other vaxes. Given monkey pox alreeady has a proven vax, I think its only the much smaller group of anti-vax crazies who will be against it.

And that's all it takes to keep things going. Just one 'small group' and we might as well not bother.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well if it is only being transmitted through homosexual sex , I think I am safe .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Youll get yours first then? All 6 doses even after you get the pox after your 4th?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
And now Monkeypox.

For most of us married people having fewer sex partners would mean cutting off 1 hand.

• Haha
Reactions: Tecumsehsbones

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

"All school children in New York are required to have a polio vaccine, but enforcement of vaccination rules in some areas can be lax. Rockland and Orange counties are both known as centers of vaccine resistance. Statewide, about 79% of have completed their polio vaccination series by age two. In Orange County, that rate is 59%. In Rockland it is 60%."

Tell me again about vaccines and it's only 'just Covid vaccine' people don't trust??

This is what happens when conspiracy becomes belief in the stupid.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I think it's that he expects. . . no, DEMANDS an experimental, rush-job vaccine to be as safe and effective as one that's been developed and refined for decades.

Which is about like expecting a Model T to perform like a 2023 Mercedes, but unreasonable expectations and demands are the hallmark of the partisan.

For example, face it, Biden could reduce undocumented immigration by 99% and the rightards'd never give him a shred of credit. They want a WALL, a monument to White supremacy! They don't give a rap if it works, or to what extent.

In fairness, leftards are no different. I always said the political spectrum ain't a line, it's a horseshoe, with the extremes much closer to each other than either is to the ce
TB is very problematic in Canada right know and was never considered eradicated. The TB Clinic is at the Regina Gerenal Hospital.
But TB is being brought into the country by immigrants who have not been vaccinated and not because of domestic reasons because it has been eradicated in both countries - it's the immigrants who are bringing it in currently. We need to test them to ensure they aren't carrying the disease and then deal with it when they test positive.

And Tech, if Biden actually would do the 'right" thing, he WOULD get approval from the opposition. It's the fact that he doesn't do what is right which is the issue.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
And now Monkeypox.

I expect the usual suspects out there will deny the vaccine for it because, you know, vaccines, new world order, ownership by the big Pharma, etc, etc..\
I suspect that, if a vax is provided for the monkeypox within an extremely short period of time, you're correct - the "usual suspects (sic) will deny the vaccine". However, most vaccines that were implemented historically took YEARS to get to consumers simply due to the trials that had to be done. That is what the difference is and I suspect it will also apply to future vax's as well.

In addition, science has been so politicized, people are now less likely to believe what they're told without sufficient proof especially now that it's been determined that getting the vax would not prevent you from getting Covid. Why would anyone want to believe the science anymore especially since it's been proven to be wrong (currently) most of the time?

So it's not surprising that people will not want to necessarily do what government dictates and it's likely to be dangerous too. Governments don't know what each individual's medical issues are so how can they arbitrarily dictate a medicine? That is what is so dangerous!!

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I suspect that, if a vax is provided for the monkeypox within an extremely short period of time, you're correct - the "usual suspects (sic) will deny the vaccine". However, most vaccines that were implemented historically took YEARS to get to consumers simply due to the trials that had to be done. That is what the difference is and I suspect it will also apply to future vax's as well.

Actually if you look at the history of vaccin.... oh nevermind, you don't care about that.

In addition, science has been so politicized, people are now less likely to believe what they're told without sufficient proof especially now that it's been determined that getting the vax would not prevent you from getting Covid. Why would anyone want to believe the science anymore especially since it's been proven to be wrong (currently) most of the time?

We're not talking Covid, we're talking POLIO! A 'proven' vaccine... which proves every bit of this statement, BUNK, because people stopped with the POLIO vaccine because they believed one man who LIED about vaccines, who ADMITTED he lied, and yet the people STILL believe him.

This has NOTHING to do with science being 'politicized' but stupid people being so GD stupid.

So it's not surprising that people will not want to necessarily do what government dictates and it's likely to be dangerous too. Governments don't know what each individual's medical issues are so how can they arbitrarily dictate a medicine? That is what is so dangerous!!

Eh, whatever... those people are what is going to cause the re-emergence of Polio, Mumps, Smallpox, etc, into places it had nearly vanished from or was deemed eradicated.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

"All school children in New York are required to have a polio vaccine, but enforcement of vaccination rules in some areas can be lax. Rockland and Orange counties are both known as centers of vaccine resistance. Statewide, about 79% of have completed their polio vaccination series by age two. In Orange County, that rate is 59%. In Rockland it is 60%."

Tell me again about vaccines and it's only 'just Covid vaccine' people don't trust??

This is what happens when conspiracy becomes belief in the stupid.
No. it's what happens when govt scumbags are some of the biggest investors in Big Pharma. You get jabbed, they make money. US Congress is one of the largest group investors in Pfizer. Kind'a hard to trust a govt that has a vested interest in pushing a particular product on you.

• Haha
Reactions: petros and Serryah

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Actually if you look at the history of vaccin.... oh nevermind, you don't care about that.

We're not talking Covid, we're talking POLIO! A 'proven' vaccine... which proves every bit of this statement, BUNK, because people stopped with the POLIO vaccine because they believed one man who LIED about vaccines, who ADMITTED he lied, and yet the people STILL believe him.

This has NOTHING to do with science being 'politicized' but stupid people being so GD stupid.

Eh, whatever... those people are what is going to cause the re-emergence of Polio, Mumps, Smallpox, etc, into places it had nearly vanished from or was deemed eradicated.
Yeah, that's right. Because we can be absolutely assured that every illegal that enters illegally is 100% vaccinated against everything, right?

• Haha
Reactions: petros and Serryah

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

I was referring to current and possible future vax's. The polio vaccine has proven effective.