Our weather, The Day After Tomorrow?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We have accumulated over two feet of snow in the last week. It is snowing like hell right now and it reminds one of that movie, "The Day After Tomorrow". I wonder what the start of an ice age looks like. Does it just start to snow...and not stop? I don't think we are entering into an ice age.......But still..........:roll:;-)

The Day After Tomorrow (2004) - Production Photos - Yahoo! Movies

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Thankfully we got just a light dusting today. I don't think we are in for a lot of snow, which is good. I have had my fill of shovelling.;-)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It was 80F here today. Went to the Bucs-Chargers game and sat outside all afternoon. Life's tough.

I yearn for that warm and dry weather, but don't want to go to florida to get it.
I want it here, won't be long, we'll appreciate it all the more after 'this' fluffy white stuff', yuk. christmasy though, must admit.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
It was 80F here today. Went to the Bucs-Chargers game and sat outside all afternoon. Life's tough.
I'll bet your weather is great but - you don't have the chance to see the clean sparkle of the snow and all it's wonder. I'm glad I don't live up north or in a climate that sees snow several months of the year. We have snow like we have never had it before but hey - we're doing just fine. It has slowed everyone down a little and there is lots of shovelling going on. However - the likelihood is that in a few more days it will warm up and rain and life will go back to normal. We live by the ocean surrounded by hills and some mountains and it rains here. Vancouver Island is a beautiful place. The kids are having a ball because they seldom get the chance to have snow like we've had because our winters are mostly rain. This year we are going to have a white christmas and it's rare here. Change can be good.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I'll bet your weather is great but - you don't have the chance to see the clean sparkle of the snow and all it's wonder. I'm glad I don't live up north or in a climate that sees snow several months of the year. We have snow like we have never had it before but hey - we're doing just fine. It has slowed everyone down a little and there is lots of shovelling going on. However - the likelihood is that in a few more days it will warm up and rain and life will go back to normal. We live by the ocean surrounded by hills and some mountains and it rains here. Vancouver Island is a beautiful place. The kids are having a ball because they seldom get the chance to have snow like we've had because our winters are mostly rain. This year we are going to have a white christmas and it's rare here. Change can be good.

I live in a cul de sac, and the snow plow pushed all of our road snow into a
big pile, and the kids are having a ball, cause we have no
hills near here, now they have one to sleigh ride on.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
3:40 AM Monday and snowing to beat the band in Grand Forks, as it has pretty well steadily since early Sunday morning, but it's nice fine dry snow, so we still have only 8-9" of new snow, if you are looking for warm, dry weather Talloola, you can get half of it right here..............LOL

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well juan, if you are entering into the day after tomorrow, make sure to really critically watch the movie to understand how to stay alive.

1. Be American. That's right... if you suspect it might be coming, you'd better pack up and go... NOW. Canadians don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of surviving when it gets really cold.

2. Insulated houses are not sufficient to stop the cold and save yourself. Large decorative carved doors are far superior. Find the nearest government building, library, anything that will fit the bill. Doors of that style are capable of not only stopping the cold dead in its tracks, but, wrap the building in a magic bubble far superior to modern insulation value.

3. Books... burn them... it's the American way. Homes that run on wood heat or natural gas are doomed, but, burn a few books and you might make it.

Good luck!!

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:cool: KARRIE;

Wouldn't have a copy of that book, wouldja?

I had to burn mine........:lol::lol::lol:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh shiver shiver shiver.

Suck it up, Wan.:p

......anybody got any eggs?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A pretty good critique of that movie Karrie. If they start with a stupid story, they end with a stupid movie.

I can think of a few books I could happily burn but generally, burning books is not acceptable behavior. I'm wondering if the Library of Congress actually has a fireplace, and why.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
it's f'ing cold here... sick of winter already. Requesting more global warming please. I'll do my bit by roasting some tires in my backyard.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
it's f'ing cold here... sick of winter already. Requesting more global warming please. I'll do my bit by roasting some tires in my backyard.

Double-D....Thank You for doing your part!!! They keep on saying on the radio out here
this morning that Regina, Saskatchewan (& many other places in Saskatchewan) are
colder than the North Pole right now. Maybe it's unseasonably warm at the North Pole
today (I don't know) but it's pretty chilly here...

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
3:40 AM Monday and snowing to beat the band in Grand Forks, as it has pretty well steadily since early Sunday morning, but it's nice fine dry snow, so we still have only 8-9" of new snow, if you are looking for warm, dry weather Talloola, you can get half of it right here..............LOL

funny funny
beautiful here today, clear and sunny, but I think it is just a break in the
system, suppose to come back in a couple of days to 'snow' again.

Going for a ride to the ocean with a coffee in hand, sit and gaze for a little
while, the straits will look beautiful today, and lots of eagles around right
now, we see them huddled in trees down at the river, (just two blocks away),
they aren't used to this kind of winter weather here either, guess they are
concerving their strength and keeping warm, till they see a fish swim by.;-)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Well juan, if you are entering into the day after tomorrow, make sure to really critically watch the movie to understand how to stay alive.

1. Be American. That's right... if you suspect it might be coming, you'd better pack up and go... NOW. Canadians don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of surviving when it gets really cold.

2. Insulated houses are not sufficient to stop the cold and save yourself. Large decorative carved doors are far superior. Find the nearest government building, library, anything that will fit the bill. Doors of that style are capable of not only stopping the cold dead in its tracks, but, wrap the building in a magic bubble far superior to modern insulation value.

3. Books... burn them... it's the American way. Homes that run on wood heat or natural gas are doomed, but, burn a few books and you might make it.

Good luck!!

Those kinds of movies are just not as interesting when you start applying logic to them. They are best enjoyed when you turn your brain off and just "go with the flow".;-):lol:

It was frickin' -31 last night(that is including wind chill)! That sucked!!!8O