Ottawa police make 7 arrests and tow 24 vehicles during Rolling Thunder bike rally weekend

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
The fact is, if turdOWE had met with the truckers instead of calling them names and making false claims the convoy would have been go within a week.
An oft-repeated "fact" that forms the core of the truckers' position. The protesters made it clear from the onset that there was going to be no pleasing them unless the Prime Minister stepped down, and that they had little respect for authority in any form. Who in their right mind is going to treat a group like that as legitimate representatives of anyone other than a very vocal, aggressive minority ? That's not the way things work.

Reactions: Serryah

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
An oft-repeated "fact" that forms the core of the truckers' position. The protesters made it clear from the onset that there was going to be no pleasing them unless the Prime Minister stepped down, and that they had little respect for authority in any form. Who in their right mind is going to treat a group like that as legitimate representatives of anyone other than a very vocal, aggressive minority ? That's not the way things work.
Works for turdOWE's toadies. What was clear from the start is that turdOWE had no intentions of meeting with any gtoup that doesn't adore him. He was spreading lies before the convoy even got to Ontario. Or more correctly he was dicktating lies to his bought media to spread.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The protesters were ordered to leave, they didn't. You expect the cops, who's job it was to clear the streets, to just stand there and "respect their space" ? There are indications that the same sort of crap is going on this weekend, with protesters taunting and confronting cops hoping to force a physical confrontation so they can cry "I'm being oppressed". It's low-brow garbage that has become the calling card of so-called freedom fighters. Freedom from what ? Democracy ? Law and order ?
You believe the police should be using riot shields and batons on peaceful unarmed protesters ? How about just bring out the AKs and spray the bastards that will show them .

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
You believe the police should be using riot shields and batons on peaceful unarmed protesters ?
Was anything else going to work? Maybe appeal to their sense of right and wrong ? Three weeks that bullshit went on. Like it or not the majority of Canadians said "enough is enough" and supported the Emergencies Act.

Reactions: Serryah

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Works for turdOWE's toadies. What was clear from the start is that turdOWE had no intentions of meeting with any gtoup that doesn't adore him. He was spreading lies before the convoy even got to Ontario. Or more correctly he was dicktating lies to his bought media to spread.
The protesters were ordered to leave, they didn't. You expect the cops, who's job it was to clear the streets, to just stand there and "respect their space" ? There are indications that the same sort of crap is going on this weekend, with protesters taunting and confronting cops hoping to force a physical confrontation so they can cry "I'm being oppressed". It's low-brow garbage that has become the calling card of so-called freedom fighters. Freedom from what ? Democracy ? Law and order ?
We have anti oil protesters out here in lalaland shutting down bridges in rush hour traffic , do they deserve the same treatment ? Why are they not being stomped by officers on horseback ?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Yes, your version is factually more accurate. It amazes me that they thought all those UNARMED truckers were going to "force" anyone, much less
Trudope to resign. I, personally have asked him repeatedly via email, to resign. To date, he hasn't nor has he acknowledged my emails, not that I'm surprised since I'm only one person.

He is such a vindictive, self-centered individual, I suspect even his wifey doesn't want anything to do with him but I also suspect there was an "agreement" made while he is PM but I digress.

With the MSM protecting him, I doubt Canadians even know how bad of a Leader he really is if they're not paying attention.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Is it the job of the police “to clear the streets” ? Or to keep the peace?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Was anything else going to work? Maybe appeal to their sense of right and wrong ? Three weeks that bullshit went on. Like it or not the majority of Canadians said "enough is enough" and supported the Emergencies Act.
B.S. The majority of Canadians were right behind the truckers , if you paid attention to the turnout supporting them on their trek across Canada you would know this . The Canadian media did not even cover the journey yet as it crossed the country the crowds grew progressively larger . When did you become a government toady ? Haven’t you been fighting them all your life ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yes walking up telling the person they are under arrest and walking them away . Peaceful patriotic Canadians weren’t there for a fight , only the police were . Don’t you like the police actions being dictated by the PMO ? Should they have the power to sic the cops on whomever they deem unworthy ? Do you really want to live in a police state ? Papers please ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
As the occupation progressed peaceful Canadians packed up and went home. Those that were left were there to resist and obstruct.
Why didn’t they riot or fight back ? Violence was only perpetrated by one side . You do understand that most of the truckers are Liberal and NDP supporters , do you oppose them because the media portrayed them as far right extremists ?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Initially yes, but that disappeared with the Ambassador Bridge blockade.

Two thirds of Canadians support Emergencies Act

So you have a legally empowered policieman saying "Move!" and pushing against you, and you push back. You are hardly the innocent party.
The police went there looking for a fight and the protesters didn’t give it to them . But don’t worry all those from out of town forces were housed and fed in the best hotels . Your tax dollar hard at work .( let’s get those corporations to pay more tax so we can keep shoveling ) .

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Which court ordered that ? I remember a court giving an injunction on the honking at the same time saying the protest was lawful .
The mayor of Ottawa declared a state of emergency on February 6th. That effectively criminalized disruptive acts like blocking roads and border crossings.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
The police went there looking for a fight and the protesters didn’t give it to them .
Certainly a matter of perspective there. The protesters showed zero respect for authority in any form, and there is indication that some of those same provocateurs are in attendance this weekend.