Ontario PC MPP says Liberals risk lives allowing wind turbines near Collingwood

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ontario PC MPP says Liberals risk lives allowing wind turbines near Collingwood airport

“NAV CAN told me … a year and a half ago that they didn’t have any rules for this sort of situation because they didn’t think that any government would be stupid enough to build eight 500-foot wind turbines close to a regional airport, so they don’t have any rules,” Wilson told the legislature. “NAV Canada told you: ‘Don’t put the towers there. We don’t have any rules to protect you.”‘

The Town of Collingwood has decided to appeal the province’s decision to approve the Wpd Canada wind project near the Collingwood airport to the Environmental Review Tribunal, which has the power to confirm, amend or reject the decision.

Ontario PC MPP says Liberals risk lives allowing wind turbines near Collingwood airport | National Post

Cuz social license, it should over rule everything.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
“Let me tell you if one life is lost, I’ll personally hold Premier Kathleen Wynne accountable,” he said.

And I doubt they care who is at risk as long as the turbines are built.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
By putting them on the turbine housing instead. Your idea could save some birds but then a ribbon would do the same thing as that would still be visible to birds.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The folks in Collingwood will be joining a queue as there are five other appeals on WTs before the ERT right now.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
“NAV CAN told me … a year and a half ago that they didn’t have any rules for this sort of situation because they didn’t think that any government would be stupid enough to build eight 500-foot wind turbines close to a regional airport, so they don’t have any rules,” Wilson told the legislature. “NAV Canada told you: ‘Don’t put the towers there. We don’t have any rules to protect you."

My favorite paragraph in the whole story.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Suddenly you care about social license.

This is why conbots are laughed at.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Suddenly you care about social license.

This is why conbots are laughed at.
I love it when you make things up.

BTW, you're laughed at largely because you do things like forward things social license when it suits you, and ignore it when it's used against you.

It's OK, we've come to expect it from hypocrites like you.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Well I'm truly satisfied that you finally started to man up and care about people other than yourself.

It's a good first step.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
And so the progress is lost.

Just gotta get back up on that horse, I guess.

You'll get there.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Ontario PC MPP says Liberals risk lives allowing wind turbines near Collingwood airport

“NAV CAN told me … a year and a half ago that they didn’t have any rules for this sort of situation because they didn’t think that any government would be stupid enough to build eight 500-foot wind turbines close to a regional airport, so they don’t have any rules,” Wilson told the legislature. “NAV Canada told you: ‘Don’t put the towers there. We don’t have any rules to protect you.”‘

The Town of Collingwood has decided to appeal the province’s decision to approve the Wpd Canada wind project near the Collingwood airport to the Environmental Review Tribunal, which has the power to confirm, amend or reject the decision.

Ontario PC MPP says Liberals risk lives allowing wind turbines near Collingwood airport | National Post

Cuz social license, it should over rule everything.

Be interesting to know what politician has(had)property in the area suitable for windmill construction.