One quarter of Canadians believe online conspiracy theories, expert tells MPs

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Considering the number of people here who believe in such conspiracy theories, I'd have to say yeah, the article is likely true.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

One quarter of Canadians believe online conspiracy theories, expert tells MPs​

View attachment 13514

Unfortunately, when it comes to some governments, lying is a way of life. Western countries are learning more and more just how corrupt governments can be so of course, lying comes with. But there are conspiracy theories out there - some true and others not so much. It's a matter of doing ones research to try to get to the bottom of what is happening and most people don't have the time. I try my best to get the correct information from various sources and still sometimes get things wrong. But since I'm human, I am not perfect nor are the "one quarter of Canadians" who believe in these conspiracies. We're finding that conspiracies that were crapped on prior have actually been true so I would suggest to the so-called "expert' not to pat himself on the back because what he thinks of as conspiracy might well turn out to be true and those "quarter of Canadians" might very well find out that they've been right all along.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I’ve heard (from a friend of a friend of course) that if you type the word Illuminati into a search browser….But spell it completely backwards as Itanimulli….it’ll take you to an NSA website.

Sure sounds like an urban legend or a conspiracy theory. anyone here going to try it?