On The Verge Of Nuclear Meltdown Within ‘Few’ Hours

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Remember its a religious term.
Black Irish = Catholic
Orange Irish = Protestant
I can remember my grandmothers fighting tooth & nail one being black & the other orange. Didn't have to go across the pond for "The Troubles"

Black Irish, so I've read refers to the line of blood that runs from the Iberian Pennisula to the Celts... todays Spain to Ireland.

I've heard the Orange Protestant reference but never the Black Irish as it refers to The Troubles. Let me check. :)

Yes. lol a not so lol vid

I listened to the whole thing.

Some parts I found funny...

"This should finish off the Nuclear Community... It should finish them off... Chernobyl should have but they lied."

"Well over a million people died at Chernobyl."

"The Nuclear Lobby lies."

"Nothern Japan is finished."

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't know how the Irish got dragged into this but thank God they aren't running reactors. It took them 300 years to figure out you could make booze from potatos.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
While I'm waiting for somebody to explain the difference (if there is one) between 'meltdown' and 'total meltdown' is that a good thing or a bad thing, the 300 year 'gap'? (had it happened earlier would we/they be better off today?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
While I'm waiting for somebody to explain the difference (if there is one) between 'meltdown' and 'total meltdown' is that a good thing or a bad thing, the 300 year 'gap'? (had it happened earlier would we/they be better off today?
That would be like comparing whisky to vodka.

Meltdown is a catch phrase which implies a sustained reaction of fissle materials which burn uncontrollably.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
So confusing. When is a few hours? And what does the OP's disaster wish-thinking have to do with the Irish?

When he said "within few hours" ... this is expected, not compulsory; anyhow the situation was and still is very dangerous.
=========================================================

You are right, MHz, but these say their words only in personal contradicting to your words.
i.e. because MHz believes in God, and he blaimed Israel .. they said so.

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
THE CORE IS FINE... THE CORE IS MELTING.. THE CORE IS FINE... NUCLEAR MELTDOWN... NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.. DISASTER IN A FEW HOURS..

What the hell. Why is it so hard to get accurate and validated reports?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Who turned out to be right about 'Love Canal'? Are you taking in the 'protect your assets first' mentality. Name one man-made disaster where the victims were 'over-compensated' by some court in the last 30 years. Exxon is an example where they just won't pay it even though guilt was easy to establish. If the clean-up costs always lands in the lap of the tax-payer then why do they have so little input into what measures are taken to avoid a cost that is always very large and mostly avoidable. Even in Japan if durability of the plant was to the point that it would have been able to be fully contained (not the same as saved for future use). That extar expense would have already been paid through higher utility rates or whatever, point being it would have been 1,000's of times safer and cheaper for what might be 1% of the clean-up costs, if it can even be cleaned up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl8lhr4yjXU&feature=player_embedded#at=213

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Let me guess, it picks up radiated energy from the human occupants, works only in Japan and certain areas of Iraq. (at the moment)

I really shouldn't be laughing right now..
Enjoy it while you can. Even CSI shows make an attempt at lightening the severity of the situation. I've heard that the ones who laugh out loud when getting really bad news are actually letting out anxiety rather than having a 'crude personality' where they actually find the misfortunes of others as being truly humerus.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Humerus Mentalflus