Omnibus : Justin Trudeau Sucks thread

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nah, I asked you first. G'head. You're the big time lawyer so you should understand what a conflict of interest is.
Of course you did. Which is why I asked in Post #134 and you asked in Post #138.

Dig through your Sesame Street collection and see if you can find the episode where Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch explain "Before" and "After."

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Of course you did. Which is why I asked in Post #134 and you asked in Post #138.

Dig through your Sesame Street collection and see if you can find the episode where Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch explain "Before" and "After."
But you didnae ask me, you asked pgs. Learn to follow your conversations. You went for a "gotcha" moment with pgs and I merely intervened with a counter "gotcha".

It's also amazing what you won't learn just watching Sesame Street.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
But you didnae ask me, you asked pgs. Learn to follow your conversations. You went for a "gotcha" moment with pgs and I merely intervened with a counter "gotcha".

It's also amazing what you won't learn just watching Sesame Street.
Actually, I asked Boomster. Won't make that mistake again, but I concede the point. You win that round.

I favor free (regulated lightly if at all) trade in non-essentials, and mid-level regulation of trade in essentials. Preferably by a government agency with limited tenure for employees and as much political insulation as you can pack in.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario

• Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Go out on the road, talk to some normal people anywhere in Canada — far from the think-tanks, the policy seminars, the petty school board emperors of woke — and take their pulse. Listen to them.

“Can I get on a plane” beats climate action as a real issue. “Can I afford to top up the gas tank” beats climate action. “What’s the grocery bill this time” beats climate action. Trudeau-style climate action is a favourite toy in the minds of those totally insulated from the burdens and miseries that their policies impose on those who cannot bear such burdens.

The new aristocrats don’t hold titles. They win cabinet seats, or they have wealth, or they are in guaranteed government service; they hold court on TV panel shows, or worse, they issue terribly wise advice from second-rate political science departments. They are the climate-action salesmen. And none of the new aristocrats will feel the penalties of the policies they are forcing on everyone else. They are above, safeguarded, from the results of their virtuous crusade.

Now inflation is really hitting. More than nine per cent in the States, almost eight per cent here. Inflation is another word for a massive injury to the economic viability of Canadians at the lowest end of the economic scale. They have just lost eight per cent or more in real terms of what little income they have. Their income and savings stay the same; the power of those incomes and savings to purchase what they need, or sustain their household debts, is being savaged.

Inflation is the carbon tax on steroids and the carbon tax is one of the elements of inflation. And I am looking forward, perhaps with not the same zeal as other true believers, for Chrystia Freeland to emerge with another bulletin about how prices soaring, incomes declining, bills harder to pay, and fuel costs going through several roofs is a good thing: because all these will remind us, even more rigorously, “of why climate action is so important.”

The rest at the above link or outside your living room window.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Go out on the road, talk to some normal people anywhere in Canada — far from the think-tanks, the policy seminars, the petty school board emperors of woke — and take their pulse. Listen to them.

“Can I get on a plane” beats climate action as a real issue. “Can I afford to top up the gas tank” beats climate action. “What’s the grocery bill this time” beats climate action. Trudeau-style climate action is a favourite toy in the minds of those totally insulated from the burdens and miseries that their policies impose on those who cannot bear such burdens.

The new aristocrats don’t hold titles. They win cabinet seats, or they have wealth, or they are in guaranteed government service; they hold court on TV panel shows, or worse, they issue terribly wise advice from second-rate political science departments. They are the climate-action salesmen. And none of the new aristocrats will feel the penalties of the policies they are forcing on everyone else. They are above, safeguarded, from the results of their virtuous crusade.

Now inflation is really hitting. More than nine per cent in the States, almost eight per cent here. Inflation is another word for a massive injury to the economic viability of Canadians at the lowest end of the economic scale. They have just lost eight per cent or more in real terms of what little income they have. Their income and savings stay the same; the power of those incomes and savings to purchase what they need, or sustain their household debts, is being savaged.

Inflation is the carbon tax on steroids and the carbon tax is one of the elements of inflation. And I am looking forward, perhaps with not the same zeal as other true believers, for Chrystia Freeland to emerge with another bulletin about how prices soaring, incomes declining, bills harder to pay, and fuel costs going through several roofs is a good thing: because all these will remind us, even more rigorously, “of why climate action is so important.”

The rest at the above link or outside your living room window.
Well said, BUT. . .

Medium-to-long term planning is also an essential function of government, particularly as frontiers are pretty much closed. Medium is stuff like maintaining a military, even when you're not at war. The problem with long is that changed circumstances intervene, so ya gotta be flexible and have lots of contingencies.

Long-term planning is hard when you have pretty much certainty that different people and different parties will be in the driver's seat soon.