Omnibus: Conservative Leadership Race

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
If you're expecting him to make the Conservatives like the PPC, you're going to be disappointed

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Have you bought your membership yet ? Like a good liberal you can affect the leadership race and get Charest in there .
I think you’re off track as he’s a closet conservative. They’re like normal conservatives but they haven’t come out’a the closet yet.

Why else would he keep creating multiple threads on the same things with usually weak arguments so that he can be shown to be wrong with simple Google searches & a link? It’s a way to back-door those to step up and disprove him. It’s really quite cunning.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
If you're expecting him to make the Conservatives like the PPC, you're going to be disappointed
I agree with you in that the PPC is over on the “Right” side of the political spectrum as opposed to the Conservatives being “Center Left” while the Liberanos and NDP and Greens are progressively further and further out into the “Left Wing Fringe” direction of the political spectrum, & it’s time to come back to the Center.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
CTV and their long ass headlines

Charest to be in Ottawa to meet with Conservative MPs to discuss party leadership​

Former Quebec premier Jean Charest will be in Ottawa this week to discuss the party's leadership with Conservative MPs at an event hosted by two who want him to run.

Quebec MP Alain Rayes and Nova Scotia's Rick Perkins were among the signatories of an open letter published last week saying they want the 63-year-old to enter the race. Others included Ontario MP John Nater and New Brunswick Sen. Percy Mockler.

Well, at least now it’s NOT gonna be a coronation where this dude is gonna be parachuted into the position by political support from old stock Canadians exclusively from East of Thunder Bay ON.

Thank you Mentalfloss for bringing this to all of our attention. I’ll root for your guy Pierre if you’ll also root for my pick of Leslyn Lewis? I think either would be a far superior choice for Canada than Charest.

• Wow
Reactions: B00Mer

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
She's terrible.
1646725868380.jpeg
You set up the pins, & we’ll throw the ball down the alley at them

(I still want to see Justin Trudeau call this woman a “misogynistic anti-feminist racist Nazi etc…” like he eventually does to anyone who opposes him.)

Born in Jamaica, she emigrated to Canada at age 5 and grew up in East York, Ontario.

Lewis graduated with a Bachelor of Arts with high distinction from the University of Torontoas a student of Trinity College. She also holds a Master of Environmental Studies from York University with a concentration in Business and Environment from the Schulich School of Business, and a Juris Doctor and Doctorate of Philosophy (international law) from York's Osgoode Hall Law School.

Reactions: B00Mer

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The country is so far left that most Conservatives are already diet Liberals.
Going so far left they'll end up right?
Only if the flux capacitor is charged to 1.2 gigaWatts.
Left is authority.
Right is liberty.
So….it’s time for the nation to move back towards the Center (Conservative) and away from the wings either “Right” (Maxine Berniers Party) or “Left” (Liberal/NDP/Green) then? Is that what you all are saying?

Reactions: petros

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Well, at least now it’s NOT gonna be a coronation where this dude is gonna be parachuted into the position by political support from old stock Canadians exclusively from East of Thunder Bay ON.

Thank you Mentalfloss for bringing this to all of our attention. I’ll root for your guy Pierre if you’ll also root for my pick of Leslyn Lewis? I think either would be a far superior choice for Canada than Charest.

No, at least Peepee is (allegedly) not a social conservative.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Either way, I would hardly call any of these candidates truly conservative.

Just look at Doug Ford in Ontario. They are all very much progressive and left leaning still.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Either way, I would hardly call any of these candidates truly conservative.

Just look at Doug Ford in Ontario. They are all very much progressive and left leaning still.
I thought Doug Ford was focussed on his reelection as a provincial candidate for Ontario. I didn’t think he was interested in a federal capacity with respect to himself.

which candidates specifically are you referring to?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I thought Doug Ford was focussed on his reelection as a provincial candidate for Ontario. I didn’t think he was interested in a federal capacity with respect to himself.

which candidates specifically are you referring to?

I'm saying that Doug Ford is an example of what you can expect from a federal candidate.

There's not much in the way of fiscal or social conservatism there.

Most of the country has moved so far left, that Conservatives can be considered pretty much centrist. We're basically Australia North.

Reactions: Ron in Regina