Omnibus Afghanistan thread

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
We also left behind service dogs

View attachment 9827

Yeah... I'd seriously question that.

1. The "Humane Society" is full of ART's and thus aren't known to tell the truth anyway.
2. MWD's are SOLDIERS, officially, just like police K9's are cops. When they include troop numbers, that includes handlers AND their partners.
3. https://iheartdogs.com/outrage-ensues-after-us-military-dogs-fly-out-of-afghanistan/
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/af...vacuation-flights/OIX74SK74E77ZWQB3NYUYJS7GU/ (same story, different source)

One of those "Don't believe everything you see" things, ESPECIALLY if it's from the Not So Humane Society.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Biden’s Afghanistan, just a little bit better than Biden’s America 😉

So serious question:

If Biden is evil for allowing this, what about Trump's release of 5K Taliban and the fact he wanted out to begin with?

(Not wanting opinions about Biden right now).

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
So serious question:

If Biden is evil for allowing this, what about Trump's release of 5K Taliban and the fact he wanted out to begin with?

(Not wanting opinions about Biden right now).

God you’re mentally handicapped..

Yes, Trump “agreed” to release 5K prisoners, he didn’t do it.. Biden did

You’re dealing with a fanatical terrorist group, I would have promised them anything until I have US citizens and aid workers out

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
God you’re mentally handicapped..

Yes, Trump “agreed” to release 5K prisoners, he didn’t do it.. Biden did

You’re dealing with a fanatical terrorist group, I would have promised them anything until I have US citizens and aid workers out

Thank you for the answer.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

LEAKED INTEL: Pentagon Knew IN ADVANCE Specifics of Kabul Airport Attack at Abbey Gate that Killed 13 Servicemen and Women — Did Nothing​

By Jim Hoft
Published August 30, 2021 at 5:00pm
405 Comments

(Politico) – Just 24 hours before a suicide bomber detonated an explosive outside Hamid Karzai International Airport, senior military leaders gathered for the Pentagon’s daily morning update on the deteriorating situation in Afghanistan.

Speaking from a secure video conference room on the third floor of the Pentagon at 8 a.m. Wednesday — or 4:30 p.m. in Kabul — Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin instructed more than a dozen of the department’s top leaders around the world to make preparations for an imminent “mass casualty event,” according to classified detailed notes of the gathering shared with POLITICO.

During the meeting, Gen. Mark Milley, the chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, warned of “significant” intelligence indicating that the Islamic State’s Afghanistan affiliate, ISIS-K, was planning a “complex attack,” the notes quoted him as saying. Commanders calling in from Kabul relayed that the Abbey Gate, where American citizens had been told to gather in order to gain entrance to the airport, was “highest risk,” and detailed their plans to protect the airport.

“I don’t believe people get the incredible amount of risk on the ground,” Austin said, according to the classified notes.

On a separate call at 4 that afternoon, or 12:30 a.m. on Thursday in Kabul, the commanders detailed a plan to close Abbey Gate by Thursday afternoon Kabul time. But the Americans decided to keep the gate open longer than they wanted in order to allow their British allies, who had accelerated their withdrawal timeline, to continue evacuating their personnel, based at the nearby Baron Hotel.

Reactions: petros

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Pelosi Blocks Names of 13 US Service Members From Being Read on House Floor

By Cristina Laila
Published August 31, 2021 at 1:45pm
1173 Comments

A quote from the article

Rep. Brian Mast (R), a wounded combat veteran from Afghanistan, tells The Floridian that during a Republican-only “moment of silence,” Speaker Pelosi refused to recognize them to” read names or bring up bills or anything.”

“We gaveled in, had a prayer, said the Pledge of Allegiance, took a moment of silence with pretty much all Republican veterans, then asked to be recognized to read names and bring up Afghanistan legislation. They did not acknowledge us, and just closed the House down,” said Rep. Mast.

Reactions: petros