obama oath redone

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Haha... take that you Republican conspirators. (yes I'm looking at you Eagle!) :lol:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why no commentary on why a person will screw up on a repeat-after-me assignment (the easiest task that can ever be assigned to anybody). If he has a conscience he might screw up if he knew what he was saying was just a sham. The exact opposite is going to be the facts when all is said and done.

Somebody should do a study on flubbed marriage voes vs the length of said marriage. The more mistakes the shorter the length of bliss.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Haha... take that you Republican conspirators. (yes I'm looking at you Eagle!) :lol:

Well if you must!

The big talk now is that when he redid the oath he did not use a bible.

Obama Oath... Take three! <snap>

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Why no commentary on why a person will screw up on a repeat-after-me assignment (the easiest task that can ever be assigned to anybody). If he has a conscience he might screw up if he knew what he was saying was just a sham. The exact opposite is going to be the facts when all is said and done.

Somebody should do a study on flubbed marriage voes vs the length of said marriage. The more mistakes the shorter the length of bliss.

The thing is that the Justice was saying the wrong things to repeat and Obama knew it. He started then stopped and nodded to the Justice to say it right. That is where the flub was.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The thing is that the Justice was saying the wrong things to repeat and Obama knew it. He started then stopped and nodded to the Justice to say it right. That is where the flub was.
Then why did you start a thread with a misleading title "Obama BUTCHERED the Oath of Office"
"
Oh brother did he ever. What an omen!
Great speech though!"

Same question then, why would the 'justice' be messing up something he should have 'practised' long and hard?

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Then why did you start a thread with a misleading title "Obama BUTCHERED the Oath of Office"
"Oh brother did he ever. What an omen!
Great speech though!"

Same question then, why would the 'justice' be messing up something he should have 'practised' long and hard?

Valium, percocet, Jack Daniels for breakfast. Any number of reasons. Being bright doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for being Chief Justice

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
"Oh brother did he ever. What an omen!
Great speech though!"

Mostly to have fun. Partly to get things hopping on Inaguration Day.

What do they say... "Everyone has a plan in the ring until they get hit"

I am sure he said it fine in his chambers... add a few million people watching and baddabing... tongue tied.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Valium, percocet, Jack Daniels for breakfast. Any number of reasons. Being bright doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for being Chief Justice

Wouldn't all of those helped him get the lines out properly? That is a staple diet in some circles. lol