O J Simpson

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
On the 13th anniversary of the verdict re: murdur of his wife and friend, OJ Simpson
finally heard the word he should have heard 13 years ago, G U I L T Y

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Nevadans just did what Californian's couldn't get done years ago. Of course the big name attorneys weren't in attendance this time either. This may mean that he will be incarcerated for a long time.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Nevadans just did what Californian's couldn't get done years ago. Of course the big name attorneys weren't in attendance this time either. This may mean that he will be incarcerated for a long time.

It seems that he will get lots of years, but of course there will be an appeal, which will
take a long time, he's in his sixties now, so he will spend many years where he should
have been spending many years, 13 yrs. ago.

I guess sometimes there is justice after all. I will never forget that trial long ago,
what a complete farce.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
It seems that he will get lots of years, but of course there will be an appeal, which will
take a long time, he's in his sixties now, so he will spend many years where he should
have been spending many years, 13 yrs. ago.

I guess sometimes there is justice after all. I will never forget that trial long ago,
what a complete farce.

Lady of the Island,

I am not really up to par on this trial. Robbery and kidnapping, I believe. Guilty, okay.
...But I still believe even with the dream team aside O.J. was innocent.
...Ronald Goldman...always felt glass case drop was a signal of some kind.
...One person's humble opinion.

Regards,
scratch

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
On the 13th anniversary of the verdict re: murdur of his wife and friend, OJ Simpson
finally heard the word he should have heard 13 years ago, G U I L T Y

I have to agree Talloola

13 years ago the jury must have been blind to acquit him. Now, we'll see what kind of judge he's got.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Lady of the Island,

I am not really up to par on this trial. Robbery and kidnapping, I believe. Guilty, okay.
...But I still believe even with the dream team aside O.J. was innocent.
...Ronald Goldman...always felt glass case drop was a signal of some kind.
...One person's humble opinion.

Regards,
scratch
Everyone entitled to own opinion, but I followed that trial every moment of the way,
and the idea of him 'as' innocent, to me is out of the question.
If he hadn't killed them, he would have reacted much differently.
He was pannicky, worried, wanted to escape.
If he was innocent,
No need to run away at all. His past behavior ,and threats to her for instance.
The black community supported him, and didn't care about the victims at all, it
was disgusting, as they accused the white community of ganging up against him.
And the black community 'who knew he was guilty' were still happy that they had
'won' one, if when they shouldn't have.
I'm sure his whole family know he killed them as well.

But, there is a few out there who agree with you, that's life.
I don't know anything about this trial, have heard that it is a 'gotcha' trial, and that
is just fine with me, 'what goes round comes round'., it's taken them a long time to
finally get it right.
There is two innocent 'victims' who have been dead for 13 years, while he has been
alive, not fair.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Everyone entitled to own opinion, but I followed that trial every moment of the way,
and the idea of him 'as' innocent, to me is out of the question.
If he hadn't killed them, he would have reacted much differently.
He was pannicky, worried, wanted to escape.
If he was innocent,
No need to run away at all. His past behavior ,and threats to her for instance.
The black community supported him, and didn't care about the victims at all, it
was disgusting, as they accused the white community of ganging up against him.
And the black community 'who knew he was guilty' were still happy that they had
'won' one, if when they shouldn't have.
I'm sure his whole family know he killed them as well.

But, there is a few out there who agree with you, that's life.
I don't know anything about this trial, have heard that it is a 'gotcha' trial, and that
is just fine with me, 'what goes round comes round'., it's taken them a long time to
finally get it right.
There is two innocent 'victims' who have been dead for 13 years, while he has been
alive, not fair.

Well, we are on opposing sides.
I too, watched that trial in its entirety from day 1 to the end.
I didn't cheer because the trial was flawed.
Yet, IMO a lot was left out of the proceedings.
Reasonable doubt.

Lady of the Island we'll agree to disagree.

Regards,
scratch

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I think his writing of the book 'If I Did It' should have taken away any doubt of his guilt. He got away with murder 13 years ago, and now karma is biting him in the ass. I have no doubt it will be quite a while before he actually spends a significant time in prison before all his avenues of appeal are exhausted.

The scary part is that in the next trial they could find him innocent.8O

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I think his writing of the book 'If I Did It' should have taken away any doubt of his guilt. He got away with murder 13 years ago, and now karma is biting him in the ass. I have no doubt it will be quite a while before he actually spends a significant time in prison before all his avenues of appeal are exhausted.

The scary part is that in the next trial they could find him innocent.8O

That's right, but we'll take whatever we can get now, every day he spends in jail,
is 'where he should be'.
He has never had any remorse for his wife's death, and that book was the 'height'
of 'low class' and 'arrogance', just a continuance of his every day behavior.

MrSutton

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto
This isn't Karma, he commited another crime.

To tell you the truth i don't know if OJ did it or not, i have never watched any of the footage of the trial, it never really had drawn me in.

But to make a book called "If i did it" is despicable, and who ever is stupid enough to do so deserves what he gets, but if he is able to front the american community and still come out with the book even though he makes no money, he makes them look like fools.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Hopefully the chapter can be closed on this imbecile and we'll never hear from him again untill he comes up for parole.

Well, we do hear from him whenever his movies are shown on TV.

It's kind alike Claudine Longet --- she murdered her husband Spider Sabich in cold blood and was convicted of the crime for which she spent only 25 hours in jail! While she was forced to pay money to his family and was forced to leave Hollywood, her movies are still shown on TV and her records still sell. And unlike OJ, while she went broke, she more than made up for the loss of revenue when she married her lawyer husband (she works as his secretary).

Only in America!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Somebody tell me why the Canadian flag continues to appear on my profile????

I just changed it to the USA flag and up pops the Maple Leaf again.

It's all part of a fiendish plot by CSIS......:roll::smile:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
When I lived in Beaconsfield, Qc I used to play a lot of pool and throw a lot of darts at the Pioneer In Old Pt-Claire.
I became friends with one of the guys whom I had the occasion to play quite often. We became friends and one day we were throwing darts at the brasserie across from the Pioneer and hoisting a few.
After a while we just sat and drank.The place was virtually empty and he asked about my background, which I gave and in turn I asked him for his.
As it turned out he had worked various embassies in Ottawa and consulates in Montreal and then he showed me his ID and it was a government issued card showing that he was a certified member of CSIS.
Some years later and away from the area I inquired about him and within an hour I had two very large RCMP officers at my door.
Needless to say I told them that it was just a friendly inquiry with absolutely nothing to do with his line of work. I was then told`in no uncertain terms to forget about him and never make another attempt to contact him.`
About five years ago when I was visiting Hudson, Qc., I was told that he had died (or had he been killed). I never pressed the point.

rgs
scth