NHL Lock-Out - Taking Care of Business

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I've been filling the gap with QMJHL hockey. Watched the Rocket get a second consecutive shutout last night against the Sherbrooke Phoenix. Attendance is still a little on the low side though; a little better than 1500 last night.

TSN has been showing 'rewinds' of several World Junior Hockey and Olympic Hockey games and I have watched every one of them. CBC is now showing 'rewinds' too and people can vote on their website as to which games they would like to see re-played.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I find it infuriating that the players can't even take a fifty-fifty split on the profits when they're all ready getting millions. Fighting over money is ruining the game.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
But the league offered a 50/50 split, if the players also wanted this, why haven't they accepted it?

Because the league and the players disagree on other issues.

This whole thing isn't only about the split.

What's funniest about this cartoon is that the brand of drink allowed on the bench is negotiated by the LEAGUE, not the NHLPA.

Seems to me Ovetchkin got his knuckles rapped for drinking Coke on the bench. He was told he had to put the Coke in a Gatorade bottle, that's the only beverage allowed on the bench at NHL games.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
TSN has been showing 'rewinds' of several World Junior Hockey and Olympic Hockey games and I have watched every one of them. CBC is now showing 'rewinds' too and people can vote on their website as to which games they would like to see re-played.

I wish I could go see more Moosehead games. They aren't back in Charlottetown until January 6th, and I missed a good one last week. That MacKinnon kid is playing some amazing hockey.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

it would be better for the NHL if the kostitsyn brothers both stayed in russia, along with that idiot
russian, radulov, who ran home to russia while under contract with nashville, then came
back to try to make a hero of himself in the playoffs, (didn't work), now he has run along back to
russia again.

you bet the russian players are not the same as the north americans. not all of them, but most seem to be
individuals, want the limelight, want to play their own game, not the team game.

exceptions, kovalchuk, bure, federov, larionov and a some others that I can't think of right now.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Ah, yes. Thanks for that. My memory aint what it used to be.

Neither is mine, TP..........but it is a vault of trivia and for some reason when I read your comment, I recalled seeing video about Chara and the Coke thing then googled it to make sure.

I wish I could go see more Moosehead games. They aren't back in Charlottetown until January 6th, and I missed a good one last week. That MacKinnon kid is playing some amazing hockey.

Nathan MacKinnon, yet another great player from Coal Harbor. Bob MacKenzie is calling him the number one draft pick. He has something like 10 or 11 goals this season with the Moosehead. Rock on Nathan.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
With no Hockey Night in Canada perhaps Sidney Crosbie could call a news conference every Saturday to talk about his head.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
it would be better for the NHL if the kostitsyn brothers both stayed in russia, along with that idiot
russian, radulov, who ran home to russia while under contract with nashville, then came
back to try to make a hero of himself in the playoffs, (didn't work), now he has run along back to
russia again.

you bet the russian players are not the same as the north americans. not all of them, but most seem to be
individuals, want the limelight, want to play their own game, not the team game.

exceptions, kovalchuk, bure, federov, larionov and a some others that I can't think of right now.

And then there was Krutoff. lol

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Darn I was hoping they'd scrap the season, woud've looked good on them.

do you like the idea of all of those workers being out of a job all season, its not only the players, its
all of the spin off jobs that are connected with the NHL, they are not working either.

the sooner they settle this the better for all concerned, not any different than any lock out or strike.

I don't know why anyone would like to see this go all season.