Netflix's Cleopatra is Absolute Trash.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hmm...

Perhaps I can reverse this unrequited love with a poem to Serryah.

Oh, Serryah
I love you more than pizza
Isn't that kinda neat-za?
I'd like to take you to a diner
Cause you're a brighter constellation
Than Ursa Minor.
So take my hand, cure this loss
We'll go to the Dollar Store
And buy some Hugo Boss.

Be my Queen and I'll be your King
We'll go out with Ellanjay for
Some almond guy ding!
I like almond chicken. Soo gai.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
There’s documentaries about Sasquatch and UFOs and Atlantis and Elvis. I’m not sure how accurate any of them are, especially the ones about Sasquatch being the bastard love child between Aliens from Atlantis & Elvis. I think I’ve got that straight?

Maybe Elvis is the bastard love child between Sasquatch from Atlantis and aliens? Maybe aliens are the bastard love child between Sasquatch and Elvis and the honeymoon was in Atlantis? Anyway, not all documentaries are completely accurate.

What if they advertised this “Cleo” as a mockumentary? Would that chill everybody out?
Not if there's a Black person in "Whites Only" space.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Not if there's a Black person in "Whites Only" space.
Define “Whites Only” space? An Egyptian lawyer has taken legal action against the popular streaming platform, Netflix. The lawyer filed a case with the Public Prosecutor calling for the closure of the platform after the release of the trailer for the upcoming movie, "Queen Cleopatra."

The film depicts the Greek historical figure as a black-skinned woman, a portrayal that has caused controversy and sparked outrage in Egypt.

The lawyer argues that the depiction is historically inaccurate and offensive to the Egyptian people.
According to Egypt Independent, Mahmoud al-Semary demanded that all legal measures be taken against those responsible for the documentary and the management of the streaming platform for its participation in “this crime.”

The complaint submitted against the streaming platform alleged that "most of what Netflix platform displays contradicts Islamic and societal values and principles, especially Egyptian ones.", Greek city times reported, etc…

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Why do Americans feel the need to rewrite Egyptian history? The Egyptians are angry right now.

It's one thing American wokeness impacting on America, but when it starts imposing its wokeness onto other countries that's when we need to say "Enough is enough" and start taking action. Leave your left-wing shit at home and don't use it to try and damage other cultures.

The rest of the world isn't as left-wing and wokey as America and we want it to stay that way.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Define “Whites Only” space? An Egyptian lawyer has taken legal action against the popular streaming platform, Netflix. The lawyer filed a case with the Public Prosecutor calling for the closure of the platform after the release of the trailer for the upcoming movie, "Queen Cleopatra."

The film depicts the Greek historical figure as a black-skinned woman, a portrayal that has caused controversy and sparked outrage in Egypt.

The lawyer argues that the depiction is historically inaccurate and offensive to the Egyptian people.
According to Egypt Independent, Mahmoud al-Semary demanded that all legal measures be taken against those responsible for the documentary and the management of the streaming platform for its participation in “this crime.”

The complaint submitted against the streaming platform alleged that "most of what Netflix platform displays contradicts Islamic and societal values and principles, especially Egyptian ones.", Greek city times reported, etc…
Atoadaso.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I vaguely remember a few years ago somebody posted a thread on the history forum depicting Cleopatra as black. When I objected to it he said that Cleopatra was the Egyptian pharaoh and so was black. I then pointed out that Cleopatra was Greek.

I also find it quaint how Americans think all Africans are black. They don't seem to realise that Africa isn't a country but a vast continent with many different races: black, Arabic, white etc.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I vaguely remember a few years ago somebody posted a thread on the history forum depicting Cleopatra as black. When I objected to it he said that Cleopatra was the Egyptian pharaoh and so was black. I then pointed out that Cleopatra was Greek.

I also find it quaint how Americans think all Africans are black. They don't seem to realise that Africa isn't a country but a vast continent with many different races: black, Arabic, white etc.
Ever been to Durban ?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Are you one of the five-race imbeciles?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Are you one of the five-race imbeciles?
Huh, that’s a new (I guess old) concept. Had to google that. Learn something new (or old & obsolete) everyday.
These ideas were popular from the late 18th century to the middle of the 20th century. These are now called historical definitions of race or historical race concepts. Today, scientists agree that there is only one human race. Modern genetic research has shown that the idea of three (or four, or five) races was wrong.
1684495119305.jpeg
1684495204766.jpeg

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Huh, that’s a new (I guess old) concept. Had to google that. Learn something new (or old & obsolete) everyday.
These ideas were popular from the late 18th century to the middle of the 20th century. These are now called historical definitions of race or historical race concepts. Today, scientists agree that there is only one human race. Modern genetic research has shown that the idea of three (or four, or five) races was wrong.
View attachment 18236
View attachment 18237

There's only one race for Blackie - the White Race.

All others are pieces of shit that deserve to be dominated.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It is interesting that the concept of "race" appears nowhere in biology nor taxonomy.

Domain, kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species.

No race.

Clearly Linnaeus had it all wrong.

Reactions: Serryah

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
There's only one race for Blackie - the White Race.

All others are pieces of shit that deserve to be dominated.
What is your definition of white ? Icelandic blond or Mediterranean Olive ?