Nancy Pelosi’s husband arrested for DUI in California

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
On Globull News ticker tape just now, it said the attacker was a former school guidance councillor. Didn't say where.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
B.C.-raised suspect in assault at Pelosi home had posted about QAnon
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Michael Biesecker And Bernard Condon
Publishing date:Oct 29, 2022 • 22 hours ago • 3 minute read • 37 Comments

The man accused of breaking into House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s California home and severely beating her husband with a hammer appears to have made racist and often rambling posts online, including some that questioned the results of the 2020 election, defended former President Donald Trump and echoed QAnon conspiracy theories.

David DePape, 42, grew up in Powell River, British Columbia, before leaving about 20 years ago to follow an older girlfriend to San Francisco. A street address listed for DePape in the Bay Area college town of Berkeley led to a post office box at a UPS Store.

DePape was arrested at the Pelosi home early Friday. San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins said she expected to file multiple felony charges, including attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, burglary and elder abuse.

Stepfather Gene DePape said the suspect had lived with him in Canada until he was 14 and had been a quiet boy.

“David was never violent that I seen and was never in any trouble although he was very reclusive and played too much video games,” Gene DePape said.

He said he hasn’t seen his stepson since 2003 and tried to get in touch with him several times over the years without success.

“In 2007, I tried to get in touch but his girlfriend hung up on me when I asked to talk to him,” Gene DePape said.

David DePape was known in Berkeley as a pro-nudity activist who had picketed naked at protests against local ordinances requiring people to be clothed in public.

Gene DePape said the girlfriend whom his son followed to California was named Gypsy and they had two children together. DePape also has a child with a different woman, his stepfather said.

Photographs published by The San Francisco Chronicle on Friday identified DePape frolicking nude outside city hall with dozens of others at the 2013 wedding of pro-nudity activist Gypsy Taub, who was marrying another man. Taub did not respond Friday to calls or emails.

A 2013 article in The Chronicle described David DePape as a “hemp jewelry maker” who lived in a Victorian flat in Berkeley with Taub, who hosted a talk show on local public-access TV called “Uncensored 9/11,” in which she appeared naked and pushed conspiracy theories that the 2001 terrorist attacks were “an inside job.”

A pair of web blogs posted in recent months online under the name David DePape contained rants about technology, aliens, communists, religious minorities and global elites.

An Aug. 24 entry titled “Q,” displayed a scatological collection of memes that included photos of the deceased sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and made reference to QAnon, the baseless pro-Trump conspiracy theory that espouses the belief that the country is run by a deep state cabal of child sex traffickers, satanic pedophiles and baby-eating cannibals.

“Big Brother has deemed doing your own research as a thought crime,” read a post that appeared to blend references to QAnon with George Orwell’s dystopian novel “1984.”

In an Aug. 25 entry titled “Gun Rights,” the poster wrote: “You no longer have rights. Your basic human rights hinder Big Brothers ability to enslave and control you in a complete and totalizing way.”

The web hosting service WordPress removed one of the sites Friday afternoon for violating its terms of service.

On a different site, someone posting under DePape’s name repeated false claims about COVID vaccines and wearing masks, questioned whether climate change is real and displayed an illustration of a zombified Hillary Clinton dining on human flesh.

There appeared to be no direct posts about Pelosi, but there were entries defending former President Donald Trump and Ye, the rapper formally known as Kayne West who recently made antisemitic comments.

In other posts, the writer said Jews helped finance Hitler’s political rise in Germany and suggested an antisemitic plot was involved in Russia’s recent invasion of Ukraine.

In a Sept. 27 post, the writer said any journalists who denied Trump’s false claims of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election “should be dragged straight out into the street and shot.”
Well now I know why the name is familiar. I know a bunch of his family. Generation older though.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Lots of different stories going around about this....lol
yeah well a certain amount of confusion is to be expected in these circumstances all things considered. But it is amusing how strongly the left moved to create a false narratives to make it look like this guy was a right-winger or some sort of Republican supporter. :) It's pretty obvious they desperately want this to be a 'right wing thing' to help save them in the upcoming elections.

Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
The agencies said that in 2020, the FBI was conducting about 1,400 domestic terrorism investigations. By the end of 2021, it was conducting about 2,700. A “significant portion” of the investigations last year were “directly related to the unlawful activities during the January 2021 siege on the U.S. Capitol,”
Wow... an increase in the last five years? That's crazy. Wonder what changed...
Well 2020 - 2021 is actually ONE year, but who's counting :) However it's pretty obvious what changed. The Democrats, who ardently refused to back any investigation into the massive damage and such done by BLM supporters during the previous year, were desperate to dig up as much dirt as possible over the jan 6 attack to distract from the fact that sleepy joe is basically an insomniac and his policies are driving rampant inflation and trashing the economy.

just like they have to paint the guy who makes hemp jewelry, protests the right to nudity and lives a hippy life style as a "right wing radical" just before the midterms :)

Reactions: Jinentonix

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Yeah, like "the Democrats USED TO BE the racist party, and seeing as how nothing ever changes, they must STILL be!" is a true developmentally-disabled community tradition.
They're still the racist party. Now they've just learned it's easier to pretend to be on the 'side' of 'repressed' people (racial or otherwise) and get them angry at everyone else for political gain. Funny how they never really worry about jewish rights, or asian discrimination which is pretty rampant in many systems in the US (take a look a college admissions).

They never stopped being racists, they just learned how to weaponize it better.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well certainly not going to read your version of history books. I'll read the real stuff, thanks. :D
The Democrats and Republicans switched places politically in the 1960s. Until then the south and the places like Texas were Democrat locks. The last Democrat to take Texas was Jimmy Carter in 1976. You may remember that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. The Democrats at the time have been presented as pro-slavery. I believe in the 1860 election they took the votes in the slavery states if that means anything. But regardless, they certainly were at least in favour of the status quo.

I personally would love to know why the parties switched positions in the 1960s and what drove it. From everything I understand about politics the status quo is the path of least resistance. I can only assume the Vietnam War and/or the civil rights movement played a factor. Maybe one day I will find the time to try to research this more.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The Democrats and Republicans switched places politically in the 1960s. Until then the south and the places like Texas were Democrat locks. The last Democrat to take Texas was Jimmy Carter in 1976. You may remember that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. The Democrats at the time have been presented as pro-slavery. I believe in the 1860 election they took the votes in the slavery states if that means anything. But regardless, they certainly were at least in favour of the status quo.

I personally would love to know why the parties switched positions in the 1960s and what drove it. From everything I understand about politics the status quo is the path of least resistance. I can only assume the Vietnam War and/or the civil rights movement played a factor. Maybe one day I will find the time to try to research this more.

The bolded part is the problem.

There are those who think Dems of the past equal Dems today, as TB pointed out.

Not the case.

Dems today were Republicans of pre 60's history.

As for what caused the switch, it was mostly the War and Civil Rights... and mostly Dixiecrat, from what I read. Basically Dixiecrat wanted to keep up with the status quo but Dems from the North were not in agreement. Republicans however - being state rights positive - thought they had every right to keep things as they were. Then it became infiltration of Dixiecrat into the Republican party, and those pro civil rights/anti slavery sliding into the Dems.

In a nutshell, IIRC.

• Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
The bolded part is the problem.

There are those who think Dems of the past equal Dems today, as TB pointed out.

Not the case.

Dems today were Republicans of pre 60's history.

As for what caused the switch, it was mostly the War and Civil Rights... and mostly Dixiecrat, from what I read. Basically Dixiecrat wanted to keep up with the status quo but Dems from the North were not in agreement. Republicans however - being state rights positive - thought they had every right to keep things as they were. Then it became infiltration of Dixiecrat into the Republican party, and those pro civil rights/anti slavery sliding into the Dems.

In a nutshell, IIRC.
The fact you need to lie about your party of choice's history as well as the current situation speaks volumes.

The democrats are still the racists party. Racial tensions skyrocketed under obama. Obama frequently used race to drive wedges between people and stir up anger which he'd then use for political gain. "If i had a son, he'd look like travon martin".

The democrats carried on with that into the trump era, again using extreme rhetoric to get specific racial and ethnic groups angry over misinformaton to capitalize on it politically. Remember that they fundraised for the bail money to get protesters (including a murderer) out of jail if they were protesting for BLM or similar racial causes.

So - in 'real' life the democrats are still dividing people by race.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

It started in 1964 with Barry Goldwater's run for the Presidency, and was made much more strategic by Nixon's "Southern Strategy" in 1968 and subsequently. As the Democrats, under the influence of their more powerful Northern faction, moved away from overt racism as policy, Nixon recognized an opportunity to scoop up the disenchanted racists. There used to be a political term in the U.S., "the Solid South." It meant Democratic. Nowadays it's the exact opposite. Of the 22 Senate seats of the states that seceded in the Civil War, 18 are occupied by Republicans.

Recently, there's been a label of "the Republican L," meaning that starting east of the Pacific Coast states, the Republicans dominate a band reaching from Canada to Mexico, then east to the Atlantic below the industrial Midwest. That's beginning to break up now, as Colorado and New Mexico start to swing more purple, and some of the Midwest swings more red. Wonder what cute li'l term they'll come up with for the next geographic/political alignment when the dust settles.

Reactions: Serryah

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
It started in 1964 with Barry Goldwater's run for the Presidency, and was made much more strategic by Nixon's "Southern Strategy" in 1968 and subsequently. As the Democrats, under the influence of their more powerful Northern faction, moved away from overt racism as policy, Nixon recognized an opportunity to scoop up the disenchanted racists. There used to be a political term in the U.S., "the Solid South." It meant Democratic. Nowadays it's the exact opposite. Of the 22 Senate seats of the states that seceded in the Civil War, 18 are occupied by Republicans.

Recently, there's been a label of "the Republican L," meaning that starting east of the Pacific Coast states, the Republicans dominate a band reaching from Canada to Mexico, then east to the Atlantic below the industrial Midwest. That's beginning to break up now, as Colorado and New Mexico start to swing more purple, and some of the Midwest swings more red. Wonder what cute li'l term they'll come up with for the next geographic/political alignment when the dust settles.
And yet Florida has a Hispanic Governor and Georgia a black senator .