Make Speech Free Again

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Well the liberals, despite their misnomer of a name, are not very tolerant and are of a rather authoritarian nature.
lie barrels...

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yes, but that was a joke about what a bunch of BOOBS!!!
:)
Not to mention that with boobs like that, you can get all the helpers you want...makes up for the fact that they don't do much!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yes, but that was a joke about what a bunch of BOOBS!!!
:)
Not to mention that with boobs like that, you can get all the helpers you want...makes up for the fact that they don't do much!
A bunch of knobs, more like.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
sabotage...
he is right about those dark forces...

what ever it is, I hope he nails 'em.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Regina Canada Post employee refusing to deliver far-right newspaper​

Alison MacKinnonCTV News Regina Video Journalist
@CTVAlison Contact
Published Saturday, January 16, 2021 6:33PM CST

REGINA -- Ramiro Sepulveda ran into some controversy at his job as a Canada Post letter carrier after he refused to deliver a far-right newspaper.
Sepulveda believes The Epoch Times, the publication in question, is “hate mail” and could pose a threat to those who read it.

"There's already been violence and hatred towards Asian communities in North American. Since [President Donald] Trump got into office and since COVID started exploding, everything’s been anti-China.” Sepulveda said. “That can rub people the wrong way with certain people, especially people that don't know how to filter information.”

Sepulveda said he's not the only employee who has opposed delivering the paper. He says those who refuse are being reprimanded with suspension days.

"They asked me three times whether I was committed to delivering this flyer, and I said no I don't consider it a flyer it’s a published newspaper that spits lies," he said.

University of Regina Journalism professor Patricia Elliott says the paper has been on campus for years.
“The religious sect that they are associated with was banned in china. So they had this beef against the Chinese government, but in recent years they have expanded that beef. They have fallen in with extreme right wing groups in the U.S., supporting Trump. They’ve got all sorts of misinformation out on Facebook,” Elliot said.

She believes this level of misinformation is dangerous and is calling on Canada Post to look into the situation further.

“If Facebook is shutting it down, why can't Canada Post? You do have to take responsibility as a platform and a purveyor,” Elliot said.

In a statement, Canada Post said it is not its role to decide which mail gets delivered.

“Canada Post is obligated to deliver any mail that is properly prepared and paid for, unless it is considered non-mailable matter. The Courts have told Canada Post that its role is not to act as the censor of mail or to determine the extent of freedom of expression in Canada,” the statement reads.
“Any views we may have about the content do not change our obligation to deliver.”

Sepulveda is hoping the company will create a board to go over what is and isn't appropriate to deliver.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

@CTVAlison Contact

REGINA -- Ramiro Sepulveda ran into some controversy at his job as a Canada Post letter carrier after he refused to deliver a far-right newspaper.
Sepulveda believes The Epoch Times, the publication in question, is “hate mail” and could pose a threat to those who read it.

"There's already been violence and hatred towards Asian communities in North American. Since [President Donald] Trump got into office and since COVID started exploding, everything’s been anti-China.” Sepulveda said. “That can rub people the wrong way with certain people, especially people that don't know how to filter information.”

Sepulveda said he's not the only employee who has opposed delivering the paper. He says those who refuse are being reprimanded with suspension days.

"They asked me three times whether I was committed to delivering this flyer, and I said no I don't consider it a flyer it’s a published newspaper that spits lies," he said.

University of Regina Journalism professor Patricia Elliott says the paper has been on campus for years.
“The religious sect that they are associated with was banned in china. So they had this beef against the Chinese government, but in recent years they have expanded that beef. They have fallen in with extreme right wing groups in the U.S., supporting Trump. They’ve got all sorts of misinformation out on Facebook,” Elliot said.

She believes this level of misinformation is dangerous and is calling on Canada Post to look into the situation further.

“If Facebook is shutting it down, why can't Canada Post? You do have to take responsibility as a platform and a purveyor,” Elliot said.

In a statement, Canada Post said it is not its role to decide which mail gets delivered.

“Canada Post is obligated to deliver any mail that is properly prepared and paid for, unless it is considered non-mailable matter. The Courts have told Canada Post that its role is not to act as the censor of mail or to determine the extent of freedom of expression in Canada,” the statement reads.
“Any views we may have about the content do not change our obligation to deliver.”

Sepulveda is hoping the company will create a board to go over what is and isn't appropriate to deliver.
I never knew it was his job to read my mail. Fast food coupons cause heart disease and cancer so fuck you postie.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

@CTVAlison Contact

I had a problem with the Post office not delivering a business check a while back:
The post office clown kept saying: "All mail that is properly addressed gets delivered"
He kept repeating that.

I tossed The envelope on the table, which was returned by the company who had sent it, showing it, like all the other checks from that business that had been delivered in the past, showing it was properly addressed, and the post office manager RAN from the room and slammed the door!!!
Then someone else came in and gave my a phone number for "customer service" and then she also ran from the room and slammed the door!

These clowns are largely "COMMUNIST" UNION members.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
1611875944837.png

Devil’s Dyke CANCELLED by Facebook 😝 Time To Dump ALL Lefty Social Media Gagging The 🌎

First Trump, now Devil’s Dyke...

Devil's Dyke is a 100m deep V-shaped valley on the South Downs Way in southern England, near Brighton and Hove. It is part of a Site of Special Scientific Interest, Beeding Hill to Newtimber Hill.[1] Devil's Dyke was a major local tourist attraction in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Local folklore explains the dyke as the work of the Devil. The most popular form of the story begins with the conversion of the Kingdom of Sussex to Christianity. Sussex was the last of the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms to embrace the new faith, and its conversion infuriated the Devil as he thereby lost his last stronghold in England. He therefore resolved to exterminate its inhabitants by digging a trench through the South Downs so that the sea would flood through and drown of the people of the Sussex Weald. The hermit Cuthman of Steyning found out about the Devil's intentions and came up with a plan to stop him. He proposed a wager - if the Devil could complete the trench in a single night he could have Cuthman's soul, but if he failed then he would have to abandon the project and leave the people of Sussex alone for good. The Devil accepted the wager and began work that night, working his way southward from Poynings toward the sea. The mounds of earth thrown up by his digging formed the nearby hills of Chanctonbury Ring, Cissbury Ring, Mount Caburn and Firle Beacon, and the Isle of Wight in the English Channel. At first Cuthman bided his time, but shortly after midnight he displayed a lit candle in his window while also startling a cock so that it would start crowing in alarm. The light and the sound of the cock crowing convinced the Devil believe that dawn was about break, and thus that he had lost his wager with Cuthman. He therefore ran away in disgrace, leaving behind the unfinished trench henceforth known as Devil's Dyke.

At the bottom of the Dyke are two humps, known as 'the Devil's Graves', under which the Devil and his wife are supposedly buried. Legend has it that if a person runs backwards seven times around these humps whilst holding their breath, the Devil will appear.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Make Speech Free Again!!!

Can you define your position on free speech?
US version, 1 A - Canada's free speech right are less than in the US - what is your position?

As to SM, what do you propose?

Myself I think FB, Google, may be broken out much as was done with Ma Bell (AT&T).

Reactions: Mowich

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
What same people?

If you mean the Parler nutbars, likely their accounts on FB are hidden if they're not being pulled. Or they're not breaking TOS on Twitter which isn't likely considering the snowflake whines from conservatives over the amount of followers they've been losing since the sedition riot.

More "you need to do this" but heaven forbid you cut your crap, eh? :)

Why would I cut my crap, I'd be bonged up

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Doesn't a line get crossed when the protection of freedom of speech is used to incite violence or hatred? Don't we have laws for that?

This isn't about politics, about who is delivering the message, but rather it's about the content of the message itself.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Generally I find Democrats and news media hold differing standards regarding messaging. I/e Nancy Pelosi’s can say encourage her supporters to get in the face of Republican lawmakers wherever you see them , is met with crickets . Trump jokingly says try drinking bleach , and he is a monster trying to poison the world . It gets rather boring .

Reactions: taxslave