Kyle Rittenhouse

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Kamala & Justin seem very similar, but Kamala doesn’t seem to have a cult following let alone popularity in her own nation.
“However, some lawyers are worried that politicians now weighing in on the case are going too far and may even be putting the independence of the country’s judiciary at risk with their comments.”

…& the above statement comes from a nation (unlike the US) where Judges or DA’s or Sheriff’s, etc…are not elected political positions.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Kamala & Justin seem very similar, but Kamala doesn’t seem to have a cult following let alone popularity in her own nation.
“However, some lawyers are worried that politicians now weighing in on the case are going too far and may even be putting the independence of the country’s judiciary at risk with their comments.”

…& the above statement comes from a nation (unlike the US) where Judges or DA’s or Sheriff’s, etc…are not elected political positions.

Politicians absolutely have a business commenting on trials. Whether local or federal, it's going to happen because it's 'of the public interest', and people will wonder what side that person would have taken in the case. As if it'd help give insight to the character of that politician.

If people use said comments to make excuses for X reaction, that's on the idiots who do so, not the politician.

Or...

That's what some would have society believe (mostly the right, unless it goes against right narratives).

Personally, I can see the good and bad of it and overall, politically speaking, you're opening yourself up to a clusterfuck of issues if you go beyond a middle road narrative.

Biden's message, for example, was typical. "I feel different but the jury has spoken, we've offered to help" and that's it.

Harris, if she took it beyond that middle road, is risking a lot by doing so.

That being said, she's also a citizen and has a right to her own opinions and voicing that; free speech and all.

• Sad
Reactions: Mowich

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
In case anyone is noticing,
The United States of America is now in a Constitutional Crisis.
The Executive Branch of Government is ignoring the the rulings of the Judiciary Branch.

The DOJ now wants to go after Kyle..

• Sad
Reactions: Twin_Moose

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Politicians absolutely have a business commenting on trials. Whether local or federal, it's going to happen because it's 'of the public interest', and people will wonder what side that person would have taken in the case. As if it'd help give insight to the character of that politician.

If people use said comments to make excuses for X reaction, that's on the idiots who do so, not the politician.

Or...

That's what some would have society believe (mostly the right, unless it goes against right narratives).

Personally, I can see the good and bad of it and overall, politically speaking, you're opening yourself up to a clusterfuck of issues if you go beyond a middle road narrative.

Biden's message, for example, was typical. "I feel different but the jury has spoken, we've offered to help" and that's it.

Harris, if she took it beyond that middle road, is risking a lot by doing so.

That being said, she's also a citizen and has a right to her own opinions and voicing that; free speech and all.
Yup let’s let the politicians , pundits and twitterverse to determine quilt or innocence , that outa work .

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
In case anyone is noticing,
The United States of America is now in a Constitutional Crisis.
The Executive Branch of Government is ignoring the the rulings of the Judiciary Branch.

The DOJ now wants to go after Kyle..

Considering the fuckery that went on during this trial, I'm not shocked. You shouldn't be either.

I did see a comment elsewhere about how since widdle Kyle crossed state lines that he could be charged under feral law but I doubt that's a thing. If it was possible it would have happened from the get go.

I'm happy over a different trial with a different verdict that I wasn't really aware of. The bastard in that situation got what he deserved.

Sometimes Justice does work.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Considering the fuckery that went on during this trial, I'm not shocked. You shouldn't be either.

I did see a comment elsewhere about how since widdle Kyle crossed state lines that he could be charged under feral law but I doubt that's a thing. If it was possible it would have happened from the get go.

I'm happy over a different trial with a different verdict that I wasn't really aware of. The bastard in that situation got what he deserved.

Sometimes Justice does work.

He didn’t cross state lines with a firearm..

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
He didn’t cross state lines with a firearm..

Yes, I know that. That's why I am of the opinion that the idea of a Federal case is a nogo. I know the person who made the point thought because he crossed state lines, regardless of where the gun was, he should be still federally charged. But IMO that won't work so...

Reactions: B00Mer

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
The "fuckery" was by the prosecution, that was shown in court. Lying, withholding evidence, just for a start.

Remember this kid?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think that case is much clearer that it was not self defense.
But Arbery moved toward them! He probably reached for his waistband, or took a fighting stance!

And he was a "star football player," a group known for physical skills and violence! And he was no angel, y'know.

Clear-cut case of self defense. So obvious the cops let them go and the DA declined to prosecute. Shouldn't we trust the judgment of these fine professionals?

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Maybe the Jury wasn't too impressed with the prosecutor when in a big show he pointed the rifle at the jury...
With his finger on the trigger!

Last edited: