#KillerCuomo Should Be In Prison for His COVID-19 Lies

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
New York's two senators join mounting calls for Governor Cuomo to resign
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Gabriella Borter and Joseph Ax
Publishing date:Mar 12, 2021 • 20 hours ago • 3 minute read • comment bubbleJoin the conversation
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks at the COVID-19 vaccination site at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, March 8, 2021.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks at the COVID-19 vaccination site at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, March 8, 2021. PHOTO BY SETH WENIG /Pool via REUTERS
Article content
New York’s two U.S. senators joined other leading Democrats in urging New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to resign on Friday after a seventh woman came forward to accuse him of sexual misconduct.

Chuck Schumer, the Senate majority leader, and Kirsten Gillibrand, a leading voice of the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment and abuse, joined others including U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in calling on the three-term Democratic governor to resign.

Cuomo, 63, the divorced father of three daughters in their 20s, again repeated his denial of the allegations on Friday and said it was “reckless and dangerous” for politicians to ask him to resign before they have all the facts.

“Women have a right to come forward and be heard, and I encourage that fully. But I also want to be clear: there is still a question of the truth. I did not do what has been alleged, period,” Cuomo said on a call with reporters.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
“Wait for the facts. An opinion without facts is irresponsible,” he said.

Asked on Friday if he ever had consensual romantic relationships with any of the women, Cuomo responded by saying only that he never intended to make anyone feel uncomfortable, and was sorry if he did.

Hours after the governor’s call with reporters, Schumer and Gillibrand became the highest-profile national politicians to urge him to resign.

“Due to the multiple, credible sexual harassment and misconduct allegations, it is clear that Governor Cuomo has lost the confidence of his governing partners and the people of New York,” the two senators said in a joint statement.

A growing list of women including former aides have accused the governor of sexual misconduct, ranging from unwelcome flirtatious behaviour at work to groping.

Reporter Jessica Bakeman became the latest on Friday, writing a first-person account for New York magazine. She said Cuomo had often put his hands on her, including one time when taking a picture with her at a 2014 holiday party when she said he remarked, “I’m sorry. Am I making you uncomfortable? I thought we were going steady.”

Bakeman said she did not want to smile for the camera with Cuomo’s hands on her, but decided it was easier to take a quick picture than challenge a powerful politician.

“I never thought the governor wanted to have sex with me. It wasn’t about sex. It was about power,” she wrote. “He wanted me to know that he could take my dignity away at any moment with an inappropriate comment or a hand on my waist.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

The new calls for Cuomo to resign came a day after more than 55 Democratic New York state lawmakers urged him to step down, and the state legislature said it would open an impeachment investigation into the allegations.

The legislative inquiry will run parallel to an investigation led by the office of New York State Attorney General Letitia James.

The two senators joined at least 16 of the 27 members of New York’s U.S. congressional delegation in urging Cuomo to quit, calling into question the political future of the high profile Democratic figure, who gained national prominence for his leadership during the peak of his state’s COVID-19 crisis.

While 15 U.S. House members from New York issued their statements on Friday, a House aide told Reuters there was no formal, coordinated effort within the delegation to pressure Cuomo.

On Tuesday, an unnamed aide told the Times Union that Cuomo had groped her after calling her to the executive mansion under the pretext of business last year, long after the #MeToo movement took down a host of politicians, media figures and business leaders for sexual harassment or assault.

“The fact that this latest report was so recent is alarming, and it raises concerns about the present safety and well-being of the administration’s staff,” Ocasio-Cortez said in a joint statement on Friday with U.S. Representative Jamaal Bowman.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said on Friday that President Joe Biden “certainly supports” the state attorney general’s investigation into the allegations. She added that the president and his COVID-19 response team would continue working with Cuomo on vaccination roll-out in New York.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Current Cuomo staffer accuses N.Y. governor of suggestive comments, ogling
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Mar 19, 2021 • 3 hours ago • 2 minute read • comment bubbleJoin the conversation
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks during an event about the return of spectators to performing arts and sporting events at his offices in New York, March 18, 2021.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks during an event about the return of spectators to performing arts and sporting events at his offices in New York, March 18, 2021. PHOTO BY SETH WENIG /REUTERS
Article content
NEW YORK — A current aide to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has accused him of ogling her body and subjecting her and a female colleague to a series of unwanted, sexually suggestive remarks, the New York Times reported on Friday.

Alyssa McGrath, 33, became the latest of at least eight women who have publicly alleged sexual misconduct by Cuomo and the first who is currently employed in the office of the third-term governor to do so.

The 63-year-old governor has denied any wrongdoing, though he has acknowledged it had been a “custom” for him to kiss and hug people when greeting them. He has said he was sorry if his behavior had made “people feel uncomfortable.”

A request for comment about Friday’s New York Times report was referred by a Cuomo spokesman to his lawyer, Rita Glavin. She could not immediately be reached by Reuters.

The flurry of allegations in recent weeks, along with revelations that Cuomo’s administration under-reported nursing home deaths from COVID-19, has led to a growing clamor among prominent fellow Democrats in New York for his resignation.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
New York state Attorney General Letitia James last week named a team of outside lawyers to lead an investigation into accusations the governor harassed women through unwelcome, sexualized comments and inappropriate physical contact, including unsolicited kissing.

One current staffer whose name has been kept confidential accused the governor in an account published last week by The Times Union newspaper of Albany of groping her breast in the Executive Mansion last year.

McGrath was quoted by the New York Times as saying that the unnamed aide, a friend and co-worker, had related the alleged groping incident to her in detail after it went public.

For her part, McGrath said the governor regularly engaged in what she described as flirtatious banter mixed with more personal remarks, as well as a subtle but steady effort to cultivate rivalry among female staffers in his office, according to the Times.

The Times said McGrath’s accounts were supported by contemporaneous text messages, emails and social media posts she shared with the newspaper.

Although McGrath did not accuse Cuomo of touching her, she said his conduct amounted to sexual harassment, perpetuated by secrecy and normalized inside his inner circle, the Times reported.

She cited instances in which she said Cuomo inquired about her lack of a wedding ring, asked about her divorce, told her in Italian that she was beautiful, and gazed down her shirt while commenting on her necklace as they worked alone in his office.

McGrath accused the governor of making similarly suggestive remarks to the co-worker who later told The Times Union that she had been groped. And McGrath said Cuomo referred to the two women as “mingle mammas” after the topic of a planned trip to Florida by the pair came up in his presence.

Cuomo has vowed to cooperate with the investigation overseen by the state’s attorney general while refusing to step down before the inquiry is concluded.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Just got my shot and will be notified within 4 - 16 weeks of the 2nd shot. 4 to 16 weeks!! Seriously? Based on what - availability? Pretty broad timeframe.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose