#KillerCuomo Should Be In Prison for His COVID-19 Lies

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
He can't say it 'cause it's true and that would be so out of character for him.
:)
No one would recognize it was him speaking unless he wore a name tag or something.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
New York Governor Cuomo hires defence lawyer after sexual harassment accusations
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Mar 01, 2021 • 18 hours ago • 1 minute read • comment bubble11 Comments
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks during a news conference at a vaccination site in the Brooklyn borough of New York, February 22, 2021.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks during a news conference at a vaccination site in the Brooklyn borough of New York, February 22, 2021. PHOTO BY SETH WENIG /Pool via REUTERS
Article content
NEW YORK — New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, under investigation for alleged sexual harassment and under fire for misreporting the COVID-19 death toll at the state’s nursing homes, has hired a criminal defence lawyer, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.

Elkan Abramowitz, a former federal prosecutor now working as a prominent white-collar defence attorney in New York City, said he would defend the governor and his top aides in both scandals, the Journal reported.

Neither Abramowitz nor Cuomo immediately responded to requests by Reuters for comment.

Cuomo, one of the nation’s best-known Democratic politicians, has been accused by two former aides of sexual misconduct. On Sunday, he apologized if any of his remarks were misinterpreted as flirtatious and said he never tried to make anyone feel uncomfortable. He said he never physically touched anyone.

New York Attorney General Letitia James is investigating the allegations.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

In the nursing home case, the attorney general’s office in January issued a report that cast doubt on the Cuomo administration’s handling of the coronavirus crisis in nursing homes. It said the state health department significantly undercounted the death toll in the homes and implemented policies that may have contributed to it.

Uncharacteristically, the outspoken governor has stayed mostly out of the public eye since the sexual harassment scandal started gaining traction last week. Cuomo rose to national prominence for his daily televised briefings last spring, when New York was the epicenter of the COVID-19 epidemic in the United States.

Before entering private practice, Abramowitz worked as a federal prosecutor in Manhattan, where he served as chief of the criminal division of the U.S. Attorney’s office.

In recent years, he represented Cuomo’s office when federal prosecutors investigated the governor for disbanding an anti-corruption agency in 2014. He also represented filmmaker Woody Allen for many years, defending him against abuse allegations.

Reactions: Danbones

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
f52c511bb4006d1bb1ff28f5a13919cd.jpg

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo on Monday publicly addressed the mounting sexual misconduct allegations against his brother, New York governor Andrew Cuomo, saying that he “obviously” can’t cover the numerous accusations and resulting political backlash because they are family-related.

“Obviously I am aware of what is going on with my brother. And obviously I cannot cover it because he is my brother. Now, of course CNN has to cover it,” Cuomo said on his primetime show. “They have covered it extensively and they will continue to do so. I have always cared very deeply about these issues and profoundly so. There’s a lot of news going on that matters also, so let’s get after that.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
N.Y. governor Cuomo apologizes but won't resign in wake of sexual harassment allegations
Reuters
Publishing date:Mar 03, 2021 • 19 hours ago • 1 minute read • comment bubble39 Comments
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo talks to people after a press conference before the opening of a mass vaccination site in the Queens borough of New York, U.S., February 24, 2021.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo talks to people after a press conference before the opening of a mass vaccination site in the Queens borough of New York, U.S., February 24, 2021. PHOTO BY POOL /REUTERS
Article content
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday said he will not resign in the wake of allegations that he sexually harassed young women but offered a fresh apology and vowed to “fully cooperate” with a review by the state’s attorney general.

“I am not going to resign,” Cuomo told a news conference after he offered an emotional apology for what he said was behaviour that made “people feel uncomfortable.”

Celluloid Chaser: The stories behind 5 famous film car chases
Trackerdslogo
“I feel awful about it and frankly I am embarrassed by it,” said the governor who has been marred in recent weeks by a flurry of accusations, including that his administration sought to downplay the true number of elderly nursing home residents killed by COVID-19.

Cuomo said his behaviour was unintentional and maintained that he never touched anyone inappropriately but acknowledged that it is “custom” for him to kiss and hug people in greeting.

“I understand that sensitivities have changed and behaviour has changed and I get it, and I’m going to learn from it.”

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

TRANSCRIPT:

NORAH O’DONNELL: Governor Cuomo said that he has never propositioned anybody. Do you believe that he was propositioning you?

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: Yes.

NORAH O’DONNELL: For what?

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: Sex.

NORAH O’DONNELL: In the spring of 2020 New York was the epicenter of the COVID crisis.

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: The pandemic was obviously stressful for all of us. And he was on TV nearly every day talking about it.

ANDREW CUOMO: You make that gown look good.

NORAH O’DONNELL: So you think all this national attention may have emboldened him.

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: Absolutely. I think he felt like he was untouchable in a lot of ways.

NORAH O’DONNELL: Bennett says their professional relationship took a turn on May 15 when she alleges the governor started asking her about her love life and then became fixated, repeating over and over again her history as a sexual assault survivor.

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: So he goes, you were raped. You were raped. You were raped, and abused, and assaulted.

NORAH O’DONNELL: Another key encounter happened on June 5 when Bennett says she was called into Cuomo’s office to take dictation, and he told her to turn off the tape recorder.

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: And then he explains, at that point, that he is looking for a girlfriend. He is lonely. He’s tired.

NORAH O’DONNELL: You’ve just finished dictation and the governor is telling you he’s lonely and looking for a relationship.

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: Yes. He asked if I had trouble enjoying being with someone because of my drama.

NORAH O’DONNELL: This seems highly inappropriate.

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: Yeah. The governor asked me if I was sensitive to intimacy.

NORAH O’DONNELL: In his office?

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: Yes, during the workday.

NORAH O’DONNELL: You have been quoted as saying that he also asked you about if you’d ever been with an older man.

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: Yeah. He asked me if age difference mattered. He also explained that he was fine with anyone over 22.

NORAH O’DONNELL: And how old are you?

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: 25.

NORAH O’DONNELL: What were you thinking as he’s asking you these questions?

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: I thought, he’s trying to sleep with me. The governor is trying to sleep with me. And I’m deeply uncomfortable. And I have to get out of this room as soon as possible.

NORAH O’DONNELL: And to be clear, what made you think that he was trying to sleep with you?

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: Without explicitly saying it, he implied to me that I was old enough for him and he was lonely.

NORAH O’DONNELL: Text messages sent by Bennett to a friend and reviewed by CBS News memorialize her encounter with Cuomo immediately afterwards. Bennett tells her friend, the governor quote, “talked about age differences in relationships.” The friend who verified the messages asks, wait, what? Did he do something? Bennett responds, no, but it was like the most explicit it could be.

How did you respond to those questions?

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: I responded honestly. And when I was even thinking of coming forward, I think that was where I held the most shame in that, like, I really was uncomfortable.

NORAH O’DONNELL: Why did you feel shame?

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: I feel like people put the onus on the woman to shut that conversation down, and by answering I was somehow engaging in that or enabling it, when in fact I was just terrified.

NORAH O’DONNELL: People will watch this and say, why didn’t you get up and leave?

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: It didn’t feel like I had a choice.

NORAH O’DONNELL: He’s your boss.

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: He’s my boss. He’s everyone’s boss.

NORAH O’DONNELL: Governor Cuomo said in a statement that what he said may have quote, “been misinterpreted.” Did you misinterpret him?

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: No, I understood him loud and clear. It just didn’t go the way he planned.

ANDREW CUOMO: I never knew at the time I was making anyone feel uncomfortable.

NORAH O’DONNELL: Did you watch Governor Cuomo’s apology?

CHARLOTTE BENNETT: I did. It’s not an apology. It’s not an issue of my feelings. It’s an issue of his actions. The fact is that he was sexually harassing me. And he has not apologized for sexually harassing me. And he can’t even use my name.

NORAH O’DONNELL: And we reached out to Governor Cuomo’s office to respond to Charlotte Bennett’s claims. They directed us to the governor’s apology yesterday and asked people to wait for results of the state attorney general’s investigation.

• Wow

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Andrew Cuomo accuser rejects his public apology in TV interview
Reuters
Dan Whitcomb
Publishing date:Mar 05, 2021 • 14 hours ago • 2 minute read • comment bubble15 Comments
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks during a press conference before the opening of a mass vaccination site in the Queens borough of New York February 24, 2021.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks during a press conference before the opening of a mass vaccination site in the Queens borough of New York February 24, 2021. PHOTO BY SETH WENIG /Pool via REUTERS
Article content
The second of three women who have accused New York Governor Andrew Cuomo of sexual misconduct rejected his public apology on Thursday, a response likely to ratchet up pressure on the embattled Democrat.

Charlotte Bennett, a 25-year-old former aide to Cuomo who has said the governor questioned her about her sex life with what she took as sexual overtones, made her comments in an interview broadcast by CBS News.

“It’s not an apology. It’s not an issue of my feelings. It’s an issue of his actions. The fact is that he was sexually harassing me and he has not apologized for sexually harassing me and he can’t even use my name,” Bennett said.

Three women including Bennett have come forward to accuse Cuomo, 63, of sexually harassing them or making inappropriate remarks. He has denied any misconduct and pledged to cooperate with a review by the state’s attorney general.

On Wednesday he offered a lengthy and sometimes emotional public apology, saying: “I feel awful about it and frankly I am embarrassed by it.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

Lindsey Boylan, a 36-year-old former Cuomo aide who first spoke out in December, has said the unwanted advances from the governor included an unsolicited kiss on the lips.

Boylan, a candidate for Manhattan borough president, also dismissed the governor’s apology. “How can New Yorkers trust you @NYGovCuomo to lead our state if you “don’t know” when you’ve been inappropriate with your own staff?” she wrote on Twitter.

The governor, who has rejected calls for his resignation that have come even from prominent Democratic state lawmakers, has also battled in recent weeks to respond to accusations that his administration sought to downplay the number of nursing home residents killed by COVID-19.

Bennett, a former executive assistant and health policy adviser, told the New York Times in February that Cuomo peppered her with questions about her romantic life last year in what she viewed as an effort to have sex with her.

A third woman has told the New York Times that the governor made unwanted advances and physical contact after meeting her at a wedding in 2019.