Justin Trudeau announces he will step down as Liberal Leader

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Just throwing this out there.

What kind of communist? Marxist? Leninist? Marxist/Leninist? Maoist? Xiist? Communo-fascist?

But seriously, there's Communism and then there's communism. Big 'C' Communism gets practiced on a national level and it never works out well. Mostly because there's some centralized bureaucracy with a dictator at the helm and they ain't benevolent.

Small 'c' communism tends to work better because it involves much smaller communities of people who actually want to be there being a part of it. Everyone is on the same page and reading the same book because they've chosen to. In the '60s they were called hippies. :D

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What kind of communist? Marxist? Leninist? Marxist/Leninist? Maoist? Xiist? Communo-fascist?

But seriously, there's Communism and then there's communism. Big 'C' Communism gets practiced on a national level and it never works out well. Mostly because there's some centralized bureaucracy with a dictator at the helm and they ain't benevolent.

Small 'c' communism tends to work better because it involves much smaller communities of people who actually want to be there being a part of it. Everyone is on the same page and reading the same book because they've chosen to. In the '60s they were called hippies. :D
I've always held that communism can't work in any group to large for every member to know every other member personally.

But it's like "democracy." "Democracy" is an absolute good and "communism" is an absolute bad. And very few people have a precise (or even vague) definition of either term.

Reactions: Serryah

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
A co op could be considered communism, but they operate on a very capitalist basis. Right down to paying dividends.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Just throwing this out there.

turdOWE is more like a dicktatorship. Like all left wing governments strive for. The NDPee in BC are another prime example. Eby, the new leader is considered far left, even in a far left party. Among other non democratic moves, he just overrode decades of community plans in BC municipalities by declaring thatup to 6 residences will be built on single family zoned properties within a certain distance of public transportation. To ensure this will work cities will tax the affected properties as if they have 6 residences regardless of what is on the ground.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I've always held that communism can't work in any group to large for every member to know every other member personally.

But it's like "democracy." "Democracy" is an absolute good and "communism" is an absolute bad. And very few people have a precise (or even vague) definition of either term.
It's goes tribal.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

I'd seen that this was a thing on FB, pretty much shrugged it off - not because I didn't think it was legit, but because I didn't want to hear Trudeau's bullshit - but this break down is interesting.

I still think Trudeau's a fucking ass, but I still give credit where it's due and least he stood there and took the comments.

Last time I saw anything with PP on it and him being confronted with something, he bypassed the question entirely and made it into something else then blamed the person asking the question for HIM not answering it.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

I'd seen that this was a thing on FB, pretty much shrugged it off - not because I didn't think it was legit, but because I didn't want to hear Trudeau's bullshit - but this break down is interesting.

I still think Trudeau's a fucking ass, but I still give credit where it's due and least he stood there and took the comments.

Last time I saw anything with PP on it and him being confronted with something, he bypassed the question entirely and made it into something else then blamed the person asking the question for HIM not answering it.
This guy is an idiot. A turdOWE lover that knows nothing about taxes.Or much of anything else from the few nauseating clips of his I have seen.

• Haha
Reactions: B00Mer and Serryah

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

This guy is an idiot. A turdOWE lover that knows nothing about taxes.Or much of anything else from the few nauseating clips of his I have seen.
1725224996521.jpeg
Kudos. Drama and everything. Ego & Selfie Soundbites wouldn’t allow otherwise.
You’re talking about the “Got’cha” type media questions? Yeah, I hear you. It’s very difficult to find a public interaction direct one on one with a member of the disgruntled public at this point, but he’ll have four years of opportunity to put his own foot in his own mouth…but not starting for another 13+ months.

Currently it’s Poilievre’s election to lose so he is very guarded in that exposure. He’s held a significant lead for at least a year & has to maintain (or expand) that still for at least the same timeframe again, so don’t hold your breath waiting…but his own “foot in mouth & egg on face” days will come.
1725225507253.jpeg

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Well first off, the guy in the video analyzing it isn't a Trudeau fan/lover. I mean, if you just watched the video, he says as much (so I guess you just proved you didn't watch the video then :) But here, will do you a solid - 6:06 is the magic time stamp) Just because he's pointed out where the idiot steel worker fucked up, doesn't mean he likes Trudeau.

Critical of the tariffs:

A better leader (which I agree with :p )

Criticism of Trudeau spending money/giving money to Big Business:

Critical of Trudeau forcing Rail workers back to work:

And you say you've seen his other clips... sure you have, that's why you claimed he was a Trudeau lover, right? ;)

As for the taxes - is he wrong? What is he wrong about? What part of what he said was wrong?

So... I'm just gonna say it's typical bullshit from you, Tax, because it's someone you THINK is a liberal/Trudeau Lover and you enjoy making an ass of yourself.