Judge Denies Bail for Convoy Leader over Intention to Cause Harm

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It really was. So the Emergencies Act was invoked. And then a funny thing happened.

Parliament, poor sleepy Parliament, finally convened, as was necessary to give the required consent to this historic action. In the Commons, Trudeau and NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh unfolded the tableau of horrors that would result if invocation of the act was not confirmed. Whether there were references to France in 1789, or Russia in 1917, or to various South American countries where they have revolutions almost every week, I cannot confirm. But surely, from the gravity of Trudeau’s and Singh’s presentations, nothing less could be expected.

Canada was at the melting point. And the invocation was approved in the lower chamber. From there it was on to the higher, the Senate. And lo, as the bible often has it, it never really made it there. Before the sage Upper House could even get its chance to gnaw and jaw — WhamO! — it was cancelled, annulled, torpedoed, countermanded and abandoned.

Poof! Trudeau called it off before the Senate could vote this down. This allowed the increased powers given to law enforcement NATIONALLY to remain in place. The Emergencies Act was revoked even before its invocation was, legislatively, confirmed. It sank before it could swim. It had less life than a political promise.

Emergency over. Danger passed. Peril averted. Crisis collapsed. Canada saved. Insurrection interruptus?

Meantime the “briefest imposition of an emergency state since 1945” must not be left unexplored, and the invasion of so many civil liberties, especially the freezing of bank accounts and the banks’ co-operation in this matter, must not be allowed to dip into oblivion, just because Trudeau dropped the emergency rhetoric almost as swiftly and strangely as he adopted it in the first place.
Don't be shy. Tell us how you REALLY feel. . .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The sledgehammer used, with this Emergency Act (revamped War Measures Act) in this situation with its lack of justification, it blows me away. That’s how I really feel.

The video of Finance Minister Freeland giggling as she is trying to describe the deputizing of the banks and other financial institutions as now enforcement arms of the Liberal Party against dissenting views of the current minority government should be a wake up call for all Canadians, but it probably won’t be. The PR machine is constantly chewing away at the edges of reality to fit political narratives from every direction and bias (and I like everyone else freely admit that I have my own bias!).

My concern from the first announcement of the seizing of assets, bank accounts being frozen, credit cards and mortgages being affected, etc…retroactively with this Act…for donations already made…was how many completely innocent people that have nothing at all to do with this situation are going to get steamrolled by it?

Then the RCMP using hacked (obtained through cybercrime) lists of donors to these Internet funding platforms & submitted to the banks who are compelled to out their own customers…it just rang so wrong with me. I, if I was so inclined, could have donated $100 in anybodies name, & there’s three (including myself) guys in the city I reside in with the same first and last names (different middle names and birthdates), so the potential for fuckery is or was huge!!

Then when I read that both Justin & Sophie Trudeau’s names where on the hacked and released lists of donors names, that not only appealed to my sense of humour but also demonstrated the fact that anyone could get caught up in this mess. I’m assuming the Trudeau foundation or Justin’s trust fund wasn’t frozen but not everyone would have his protection.

As I’ve pointed out above. This to the point where people are still being doxedand “exposed” in the media as donors to the Freedom Convoy, for doing nothing illegal, using stolen data that is so inaccurate it lists Trudeau and Sophie Grégoire Trudeau as donors…that was gleefully posted by the CBC & used to dox average people?

So again, maybe Justin & Sophie are just an unacceptable fringe minority or something something misogynists, etc…that so many others where painted as in the Liberal PR machine that lead up to the Emergency Act coming into play instead of just listening to people who had some kind of multi-headed grievance from feeling like they where disrespected and unacknowledged.

• Love
Reactions: Mowich

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
One criticism. There's nothing wrong with the police using illegally-obtained evidence, provided they had nothing to do with the decision to obtain it or the methods used.
I hear you, but this extended to the gov’t using the police to use the banks to hunt their own customers for dissenting political viewpoints against a minority gov’t. That seems like a stretch on the nothing wrong thing.

Reactions: petros and Mowich

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
One criticism. There's nothing wrong with the police using illegally-obtained evidence, provided they had nothing to do with the decision to obtain it or the methods used.
I hear you, but this extended to the gov’t using the police to use the banks to hunt their own customers for dissenting political viewpoints against a minority gov’t. That seems like a stretch on the nothing wrong thing.
Oh yeah, add the gov’t funded media arm of the CBC into the mix above for the stench.
This stinks like a Liberal. Booze and rotting fruit of the poisonous tree.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Democracy and courts are the red line. Those are the tools available to all, regardless of your opinion.

They are the most important developments in human history.