john tory affair ends in resignation

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
There really isn't a lot to talk about. He is going to resign. Probably replaced with a left wing moonbat. Toronto increases its transport to Hell at faster pace. What else needs to be said?

Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
There really isn't a lot to talk about. He is going to resign. Probably replaced with a left wing moonbat. Toronto increases its transport to Hell at faster pace. What else needs to be said?
Some question if he should have. There's a school of thought that says it was a private thing, it ended quickly and the person isn't in his employ anymore so why not ride out your term and be done with it. The other school of thought is that he's broken ethics rules and someone who's in a position of power can't be trusted after they behave like that.

I think he did the right thing personally.

I agree that it wasn't worth 16 news articles posted here before discussing tho :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Some question if he should have. There's a school of thought that says it was a private thing, it ended quickly and the person isn't in his employ anymore so why not ride out your term and be done with it. The other school of thought is that he's broken ethics rules and someone who's in a position of power can't be trusted after they behave like that.

I think he did the right thing personally.

I agree that it wasn't worth 16 news articles posted here before discussing tho :)
I got the impression it was his choice. He wanted to focus on his family.

It's not like we have always had scandal free mayors. :whistle:

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I got the impression it was his choice. He wanted to focus on his family.

It's not like we have always had scandal free mayors. :whistle:
No of course not, every level of gov't has it's scandals everywhere in canada. But how they handle it is often different.

I mean, he could have said that she just 'experienced it differently' than him and kept his job :) :) :)

I though this was a fairly classy way to handle it - having said that throwing away a career like that right at the end ..... man, just doesn't seem worth it for a little office action.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
This is to be expected if he isn’t getting any at home. I fail to see what the big deal is. The voters seem to like his bad politics, so what he does on his own time is his affair. TurdOWE was diddling school girls and he is still PM.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
This is to be expected if he isn’t getting any at home. I fail to see what the big deal is. The voters seem to like his bad politics, so what he does on his own time is his affair. TurdOWE was diddling school girls and he is still PM.
Not to mention fondling reporters :) But - he didn't do it while he was pm. I guess that's the difference.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If you looked at his opponents in last election ..... his politics are stellar in comparison.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
john tory affair ends in resignation
Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland says that it was right and necessary for John Tory to resign as Toronto’s mayor over his unethical decision to have an extramarital affair with a subordinate member of his staff.

Freeland, a Toronto Liberal MP, made that observation in denying an incorrect report she urged Tory to stay.

Now that Freeland has declared it was right for Tory to resign over his serious ethical failure, what does she have to say about the repeated serious ethical failures of her boss, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau?

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland says that it was right and necessary for John Tory to resign as Toronto’s mayor over his unethical decision to have an extramarital affair with a subordinate member of his staff.

Freeland, a Toronto Liberal MP, made that observation in denying an incorrect report she urged Tory to stay.

Now that Freeland has declared it was right for Tory to resign over his serious ethical failure, what does she have to say about the repeated serious ethical failures of her boss, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau?
So, ethics only applys to municipal government. Good to know.

Reactions: Taxslave2