Jesus camp in USA

escrayzee

Jul 4, 2006
Toronto
Re: RE: Jesus camp in USA

Proud American said:
hermanntrude said:
why does it have to be from satan or god? why couldn't it just be loonies who think it makes them special?

Why do peoplelose their minds, kills children, war, and overall act like animals....just because?...do you not know that this is "spritual" warfare. It is either GOd or Satan who ultimately pushes you to do what you do, and it is one of them that you serve. If you are not serving God, you serve Satan, whether you want to or not. Since the scripture clearly explains what unknown tongues are, which babling is not it, if someone comes in to a church and begins speaking this nonsense, it has to thus be from Satan. Crazy people aren't "crazy", their minds are being controlled by Satan. How else can you explain a parent killing their one year old child, chopping him up and feeding him to their neighbors dog??? Can we say DEVIL..... :evil:

There's no way you could be serious when you say that is there? I'm sure you think heaven is full of white clouds and white angels flying around and hell is full of lava rivers and fire right? :roll: .

Also, what do you mean by you're "serving" either God or Satan? Do you not live your own life? I would hope so. If you believe in stuff like that, then i'm sure you think "the end of the world" is going to happen too right? All of a sudden one day it's gonna happen, BOOM...time to pack it in, the big chief is going to come and judge us all? Existance will be no more?
:p

On a more serious note, the only way humankind will cease to exist is if something hits our planet. In a logical realistical kind of way, that's probably a safer bet! 8)

escrayzee

Jul 4, 2006
Toronto

hermanntrude said:
I am an insulin dependant diabetic. Sometimes... very rarely when my blood sugar runs low I get some funny ideas. It's only ever happened twice in twenty years... I remember once i believed my parents were trying to kill me.

This proves to me that people's minds are easily twisted from reality. Now was I under the influence of satan?

That's definately unfortunate but NO.

Think chemistry, biology, physics. :wink:

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
feronia said:
Your welcome to use it anytime it's an original.

I thought so. That is why when I saved it to my quotes text file I put 'feronia' underneath it with a link to the page. Really, it sits there amid a few down from one of Ghandi.

escrayzee

Jul 4, 2006
Toronto

Chukcha said:
escrayzee said:
Doesn't make sense to me why you would ask a question that you already know the answer to! "Who am I to say this?" I'm an inhabitant of the planet Earth. Who'd you think I was?

"Have I met Jesus?" What kind of question is that?? Here's my silly answer to a silly question ---> Yeah sure, he's my neighbour.

"I don't sound very well at all to you?" I'm not the one who needs a crutch (a.k.a. religion) to get through reality!

Go pray for me to be "saved" one day why don't you! Get real :twisted:
Take it easy, take a slow breath, in and out, in and out, continue for five minutes, and read my post again. Sorry, my English might be a bit crappy, what can I do, I am trying very hard :)
You're blocking your brain waves with fury and anger, it's not good for you. :wave:

Well I was trying very hard to make sense of why you would ask a silly questions.

Fury and anger?? Must be Satan's evil doing? :dontknow: mwahahaha

For real though, i don't think anybody on this board is furious and angry. There's just a little bit of comedy going on that's all.

As for knowing what's good for me, I seriously can think for myself. I face reality on a daily basis. Unlike some people.
:la:

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006

CDNBear said:
The absence of greater meaning removes civil controls. if you truly believed that there was no God or greater Power, you would exist solely for yourself, and anarchist. Laws would mean nothing and life itself would be meaningless to you. No?

No. Morality exists without religion.

My explanation? Think of it this way. Humans are social animals, we need to get along to survive. If we all killed eachother at whim, we would soon be extinct. Evolution has selected for co-operation with other humans (for the most part), not for those who murder (which I assume is what you mean when you say life is meaningless & laws mean nothing). So humans can respect the rule of law, and have value for life, without religion. But since some selfishness will in some cases benefit a person, there is still some selfishness today, both with religious & non-religious people. Or just look at other animals, you will find that, while they may occasionally kill eachother, they work together for the most part within a species. I think most people would agree that animals are not religious (at least not in the same way as humans).

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California

Sassylassie said:
You are correct Logic they are no different than Muslim Extremist except the FBI is watching their every move. They will never be allowed to harm innocents like Muslims are doing the world over. The west cares about all it's people not just those who are Muslim. In a Muslim country we'd be dead, behead, stoned to death for our Christian beliefs but here in the West you are allowed to practice your faith. Drone on Logic, your hatred and rage are hypocrytical you make your own arguments null and void by screaming extremely stupid stuff at others. In Canada you can leave if you don't like "Our" ways, try doing that in a Muslim country Logic.

I don't understand the sweeping generalizations. I've been to a muslim country (Turkey) and wasn't stoned (got a little drunk, but never stoned;)). Most of the Turkish women showed more skin that I do. Many muslim nations have fairly large religious minority groups (like in Malaysia or Indonesia). One country with one of the world's largest population of muslims has more diversity than Canada or the US in terms of religion, language, etc (India). Islam doesn't have to mean Taliban style societies.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Tracy - talk about "sweeping generalizations" yourself.

You were but one female on vacation.

Do you think the whole middle east behaves according to what you witnessed at one time as one female?

The reality is we in the west do not hear or are made aware of what goes on in homes of devout worship of Islam and their dictates towards the conduct and treatment of women.

We don't make up these things - they are being told to us by those women who have come to the west and fled the experiences.
Especially women who have had daughters and do not want them to have to go through the same life trauma.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Tracy - talk about "sweeping generalizations" yourself.

You were but one female on vacation.

Do you think the whole middle east behaves according to what you witnessed at one time as one female?

The reality is we in the west do not hear or are made aware of what goes on in homes of devout worship of Islam and their dictates towards the conduct and treatment of women.

We don't make up these things - they are being told to us by those women who have come to the west and fled the experiences.
Especially women who have had daughters and do not want them to have to go through the same life trauma.

Yes, I was but one female on vacation. Turkey is a popular vacation spot for lots of females like me, but no, I wasn't making a sweeping generalization. I specifically shared only my experience to point out that muslim nations aren't all the same. I went there to visit my friend (another female) who lived there for a year as an exchange student the same year I spent in the Czech Rep. It was one of the coolest places I've ever been btw. I didn't know that Turkey has more Greek ruins than Greece.

Yes, there are serious problems in some countries with the treatment of women. No one is saying there aren't. But that isn't all there is either.

I'm just pointing out that all muslim countries are not taliban style theocracies. I don't see the problem with that.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yes, I was but one female on vacation. Turkey is a popular vacation spot for lots of females like me, but no, I wasn't making a sweeping generalization. I specifically shared only my experience to point out that muslim nations aren't all the same. I went there to visit my friend (another female) who lived there for a year as an exchange student the same year I spent in the Czech Rep. It was one of the coolest places I've ever been btw. I didn't know that Turkey has more Greek ruins than Greece.

Yes, there are serious problems in some countries with the treatment of women. No one is saying there aren't. But that isn't all there is either.

I'm just pointing out that all muslim countries are not taliban style theocracies. I don't see the problem with that.

Yeah, Turkey seems to be exceptionally tolerant. I've never been, but I know Muslims, Christians, and Jews all live there in relative peace.

Mind you, Turkey is a secular nation, and it is EXCEPTIONAL in its tolerance.

It is, after all, standing on the doorstep of the European Union........

You can't judge Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia et. al. from what you saw in Turkey, IMHO.

BTW, just saw a blurb on CTV News on Jesus Camp. Slightly over the edge, this bunch, but hardly dangerous.......didn't see an explosive belt or a beheading sword in the place.

AND, of course, they weren't "worshiping" GWB, they were blessing him.

BIG difference.

Definitely NOT a place to send your kids, however.

I get the feeling that if they were blessing a picture of Chomsky, attending pro-choice rallies, and taking lessons on how the evil GOP blew up the WTC, and were training to be "soldiers of truth" Logic 7 style, his protests would all disappear........

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
You can't judge Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia et. al. from what you saw in Turkey, IMHO.

EXACTLY what I was trying to say. So by extension, you can't judge all muslim countries by Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia et. al. Islamic countries (meaning countries where the majority of the population are muslim) are very diverse. Morrocco is not Iran, Iran is not Sudan, Sudan is not Indonesia, Indonesia is not Bharain, Bharain is not Jordan, Jordan is not Turkey, Turkey is not the UAE, the UAE is not Pakistan, Pakistan is not Lebanon... Muslim countries differ tremendously in their cultures, races, languages, governments, etc.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
EXACTLY what I was trying to say. So by extension, you can't judge all muslim countries by Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia et. al. Islamic countries (meaning countries where the majority of the population are muslim) are very diverse. Morrocco is not Iran, Iran is not Sudan, Sudan is not Indonesia, Indonesia is not Bharain, Bharain is not Jordan, Jordan is not Turkey, Turkey is not the UAE, the UAE is not Pakistan, Pakistan is not Lebanon... Muslim countries differ tremendously in their cultures, races, languages, governments, etc.

Absolutely! You'll get no argument from me...........on this one, anyway.

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
I'm sure you'll tell me if I'm wrong but I think what your trying to say all the way around is that extremist do not mirror the original group they are just a splinter and do not represent the whole picture. For example just because a small percentage of Catholic Priests are pedophiles does not mean they all are. Nor does it mean that a man in jail that calls himself a Pagan and killed another man mean that all Pagans are killers. Extremist serve no one.

Chukcha

Electoral Member
Sep 19, 2006
Mind you, Turkey is a secular nation, and it is EXCEPTIONAL in its tolerance.

It is, after all, standing on the doorstep of the European Union........
And!!! it's being criticised and suppressed by those other muslim countries. Turkey is not respected in their point of view for being true muslims.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
This is true!! The "speaking of tongues" as referred in the Bible was NOT "mumble jumble". It simply referred to the speaking of other languages that were "unknown" to those who heard it. I.E. I speak english and someone starts speaking German. I don't speak German so therefore it is "unknown" to me. I have always had a problem with preachers getting up and babbling and I have gotten into some pretty heated debates about it. That "tongue" is not from GOd, but most certainly, Satan and they need to recognize it.... :evil:

I don't even profess the Christian faith myself and know this. This is basic English. tongue in archaic and classical English is just another word for language. Now as for Satan, nah, it was fdefinitely the congregants exercising their vocal cords.