Jesus camp in USA

Proud American

Nominee Member
Sep 22, 2006
Baltimore,MD
feronia said:
Proud American said:
feronia said:
Jesus was WAAAYYY more than a "Good Samaritan"...He is what God said He is......His son.

That is your perception and your welcome to it but you can try to force it down others throats but I don't swallow.

Who's "forcing" anything?? LOL!! :roll: :lol: I could care less WHAT you "swallow", I am setting people straight on what "true" Christians believe, no one "asked" you to believe it so why did you even respond?? :?
:roll:

Because I thought this was a message board where people had a right to their opinions not just yours.

Absolutely right...you have the right to your "opinion" :lol: ..so since you don't want me "forcing" my "Christian" views on you, for which you weren't even in my thoughts since I wasn't referring or talking to you :?: , how about you not "force" your "Non-Christian" views on me? Or is there, as always, a double standard? .... :roll:

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Re: RE: Jesus camp in USA

CDNBear said:
All the fuss is for not, the three waring religions were born of the same theology. The Old Testament. The Torah, the Quran and the Bible, have the same beginnings. At one point in time we were all Jewish. Islam found Mohammed, Christianity found Jesus. Islam believes Jesus was a prophet of Allah. Jesus was Jewish.

Religion isn't the problem, as with most global and domestic issues, it is those that wish to twist the words to suit their agenda. In the end, it real doesn't matter what anyone calls "God", the address is still the same.

I agree with this second half of your post, but not with the first half:

Chukcha is correct, religion is neccessary. A huge percentage of the worlds laws are based on religious morality. That is what makes us "civilized".

The seperation of church and state is a pipe dream. North America was carved out of the bush with a Christian sword, and a lot of help from my ancestors.

To ban or remove religion from day to day life, would leave a moral vacuum. To undoubtably be filled by the first spin doctor able to sway the masses to his new way of thought.

A person does not need religion to be moral. There are plenty of moral people out there who are not religious. Whether or not laws were originally based on religious morality doesn't matter, since it is quite possible that non-religious people could equally well have invented laws.

I don't think we should ban religion either, but I think that not being religious wouldn't leave a "moral vacuum" and those non-religious people would not be swayed anymore than anyone else.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006

Toro said:
This is the same argument as "If God exists, why do bad things happen?"

The question can easily be restated as "If God doesn't exist, why do good things happen?"

Simply because good or bad things happen in no way proves or disproves the existence of God.

Unless you believe that God is good, and only does good things.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada

Toro said:
The question can easily be restated as "If God doesn't exist, why do good things happen?"

Ok this isn’t a slam on the belief in God. However good things can definitely happen without the existence of a God. This is because ‘good things’ would then simply be understood under a human context. That humanity has the capacity to simply recognize the sensation of a good experience or a good outcome because ‘we’ place it under those terms. And therefore for the benefit of humankind, we then strive for those ‘good things’ because it moves us forward.

“Children”. Good thing or bad thing?

See, it depends on who you ask and the timing or conditions.

Lotto 649. Good thing yet divine intervention? Or random chance? And do we feel good about winning because it’s spiritual, or because of a shear human sensation of sudden empowerment? Even animals are programmed for wanting some sort of empowerment.

(Please don’t press me on animals you think up. I don’t want to try explaining the empowerment of the kiwi bird, etc.)

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
how could anyone worship GWB? i can barely look at him without an emotional fight between raucous laughter and pure hatred. maybe pity too. but GOD DAMN you'd have to be stupid to worship him. I'd rather worship a houseplant

Proud American

Nominee Member
Sep 22, 2006
Baltimore,MD

hermanntrude said:
how could anyone worship GWB? i can barely look at him without an emotional fight between raucous laughter and pure hatred. maybe pity too. but GOD DAMN you'd have to be stupid to worship him. I'd rather worship a houseplant

Who the hell is worshipping Dubya??? Is there some sort of movement in my country that I don't know about, cause everyone here that I know hates the man so what gives????? :lol: :?:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Ah speeking in tongues. I'd been invited to it once. Now I know a few languages, and it was darned obvious that they were just spewing out any sound that would come out of their mouths, and the 'translator' was just adlibing whatever.

Proud American

Nominee Member
Sep 22, 2006
Baltimore,MD

Machjo said:
Ah speeking in tongues. I'd been invited to it once. Now I know a few languages, and it was darned obvious that they were just spewing out any sound that would come out of their mouths, and the 'translator' was just adlibing whatever.

This is true!! The "speaking of tongues" as referred in the Bible was NOT "mumble jumble". It simply referred to the speaking of other languages that were "unknown" to those who heard it. I.E. I speak english and someone starts speaking German. I don't speak German so therefore it is "unknown" to me. I have always had a problem with preachers getting up and babbling and I have gotten into some pretty heated debates about it. That "tongue" is not from GOd, but most certainly, Satan and they need to recognize it.... :evil:

Chukcha

Electoral Member
Sep 19, 2006

escrayzee said:
.. I find it creepy that loads of poeple flock to church, pray, give %'ages of their income to their church, etc. It's pointless!! (i.e. waste of resources). ..
The same as it's pointless to go play tennis, learn yoga... waste your time in forums :lol:

Chukcha

Electoral Member
Sep 19, 2006

escrayzee said:
Doesn't make sense to me why you would ask a question that you already know the answer to! "Who am I to say this?" I'm an inhabitant of the planet Earth. Who'd you think I was?

"Have I met Jesus?" What kind of question is that?? Here's my silly answer to a silly question ---> Yeah sure, he's my neighbour.

"I don't sound very well at all to you?" I'm not the one who needs a crutch (a.k.a. religion) to get through reality!

Go pray for me to be "saved" one day why don't you! Get real :twisted:
Take it easy, take a slow breath, in and out, in and out, continue for five minutes, and read my post again. Sorry, my English might be a bit crappy, what can I do, I am trying very hard :)
You're blocking your brain waves with fury and anger, it's not good for you. :wave:

Proud American

Nominee Member
Sep 22, 2006
Baltimore,MD

hermanntrude said:
why does it have to be from satan or god? why couldn't it just be loonies who think it makes them special?

Why do peoplelose their minds, kills children, war, and overall act like animals....just because?...do you not know that this is "spritual" warfare. It is either GOd or Satan who ultimately pushes you to do what you do, and it is one of them that you serve. If you are not serving God, you serve Satan, whether you want to or not. Since the scripture clearly explains what unknown tongues are, which babling is not it, if someone comes in to a church and begins speaking this nonsense, it has to thus be from Satan. Crazy people aren't "crazy", their minds are being controlled by Satan. How else can you explain a parent killing their one year old child, chopping him up and feeding him to their neighbors dog??? Can we say DEVIL..... :evil:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I'm no theological expert. I don't deliberately follow God OR satan. I do believe though that Jesus's teachings were about tolerance and forgiveness rather than punishment and fighting the devil. In fact as far as i know, mentions of hell and satan and so on are restricted to the rather older, more metaphorical books of the bible.

I don't think I'm evil just because i'm not a saint.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada

Machjo said:

I once was invited to see a witch doctor by villagers for an upset stomach ache I had. I declined the offer, but now after all these years I am burdened with the curiosity of always wondering what I could have experienced or seen.

There was also this girl I knew who decided to do missionary work in Africa. She was obviously fairly religious with Christianity prior to her departure, but came back saying there were some things she saw that she can never explain. I imagine regarding some ability by an African Shaman.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada

Proud American said:
Why do peoplelose their minds, kills children, war, and overall act like animals....just because?...do you not know that this is "spritual" warfare. It is either GOd or Satan who ultimately pushes you to do what you do, and it is one of them that you serve. If you are not serving God, you serve Satan, whether you want to or not. Since the scripture clearly explains what unknown tongues are, which babling is not it, if someone comes in to a church and begins speaking this nonsense, it has to thus be from Satan. Crazy people aren't "crazy", their minds are being controlled by Satan. How else can you explain a parent killing their one year old child, chopping him up and feeding him to their neighbors dog??? Can we say DEVIL..... :evil:

I’ve seen first hand people who have been very stable, suddenly develop a chemical imbalance and fall into a delusionary reality. You would think the person became seriously schizophrenic. After getting the right treatment, the person reverted back to normalcy.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I am an insulin dependant diabetic. Sometimes... very rarely when my blood sugar runs low I get some funny ideas. It's only ever happened twice in twenty years... I remember once i believed my parents were trying to kill me.

This proves to me that people's minds are easily twisted from reality. Now was I under the influence of satan?