It's REALLY Evident on here.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I gotta go with Jin on this one. The best definition of "fascism" I've seen is "A governmental philosophy of unitary control by an executive of all governmental, judicial, and economic factors of the country, with little or no regard to legal standards or legislative authority." That's independent of "left" and "right," whatever those terms even mean these days.
Two very prominent forms of fascism are totalitarianism, as practiced by Germany during the Nazi period and most communist countries during the Cold War period, and thugocracy, as practiced by Russia under Putin and, increasingly, the United States under Trump, wherein advancement in the thugocracy depends on:
1. Identifying some action of which you think the bosses will approve.
2. Expending your own resources to accomplish that action.
3. Hoping and working to bring it to the attention of the bosses.
If they approve, you move up, sometimes drastically, with attendant rewards of money and power. If they disapprove, you can end up dead or in prison. If they're indifferent, you do not get the expended resources back.
Good job describing N Korea.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Facism is a right of center authoritarian regime. Different than a left of center authoritarian regime. I'm not going to argue with anyone about it. Believe what you want.
Of course your mind is made up , and closed .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
No this place and people like YOU require resistance. You should not feel as comfortable in being the racist bigot and phobe that you are.

Which means you are exactly what you are claiming someone else to be. You are actually the "racist and bigot" - you just don't want to admit it or don't see it.

Try stepping back and listening to what you're saying and then do your research. Of course, name calling is typical of Leftists who cannot support any of their claims nor can they provide alternatives to issues that need to be addressed.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I gotta go with Jin on this one. The best definition of "fascism" I've seen is "A governmental philosophy of unitary control by an executive of all governmental, judicial, and economic factors of the country, with little or no regard to legal standards or legislative authority." That's independent of "left" and "right," whatever those terms even mean these days.
Two very prominent forms of fascism are totalitarianism, as practiced by Germany during the Nazi period and most communist countries during the Cold War period, and thugocracy, as practiced by Russia under Putin and, increasingly, the United States under Trump, wherein advancement in the thugocracy depends on:
1. Identifying some action of which you think the bosses will approve.
2. Expending your own resources to accomplish that action.
3. Hoping and working to bring it to the attention of the bosses.
If they approve, you move up, sometimes drastically, with attendant rewards of money and power. If they disapprove, you can end up dead or in prison. If they're indifferent, you do not get the expended resources back.

I agree. And it's what the extremist Left in the Democratic Party want to change the current system to the one above. Regular Democrats should be "rioting" in the streets because their Party has been hijacked by these morons.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"Well, ba-low me down!"
-- Popeye the Sailor

And it's what the extremist Left in the Democratic Party want to change the current system to the one above. Regular Democrats should be "rioting" in the streets because their Party has been hijacked by these morons.
Sure. And it's the extremist right, both within and without the Republican Party, that advocates official, mandatory, racism, sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia in American politics.

Both are threats. Both need to be fought with all the tools at our disposal.

The good news is that both are ephemeral. There will always be malcontents. Thus far they are just that, unhappy, ineffective people shrieking their personal deficiencies on the street corners.

Let's keep it that way.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The good news is that both are ephemeral. There will always be malcontents. Thus far they are just that, unhappy, ineffective people shrieking their personal deficiencies on the street corners.
Let's keep it that way.
Cheap vodka was the Soviet method of suppression. You didnt dare shriek in the streets. Music was about the only outlet with subtle suggestion. One of the most popular musical voices of descent was an E German.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
"Well, ba-low me down!"
-- Popeye the Sailor

Sure. And it's the extremist right, both within and without the Republican Party, that advocates official, mandatory, racism, sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia in American politics.

Both are threats. Both need to be fought with all the tools at our disposal.

Let's keep it that way.
Yeeeahh. The ALT-left are doing a helluva lot more than merely shrieking their personal deficiencies on street corners. The actions of the ALT-left also proves they hate the working class, based on all businesses that have been damaged or destroyed during these so-called "protests", as the MSM keeps calling them. How "moderates" can support destroying the livelihoods of innocent people through their stunning silence is beyond me.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Your content says literally otherwise.
No it doesn't. You are so far out in left field you don't know where center is.
To be right wing one would have be hard core christian. I'm not.
To be right wing one would have to be anti union. I'm not.
To be right wing one would have to be against equality. I'm not. I strongly disagree with special rights for anyone based on skin colour or religion.
I am a fiscal conservative and that often spills over into the social arena when things the extremists want is going to cost the rest of us money.