It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Spent the last three days stuck behind the avalanche on highway 3 , at the wonderful metropolis of Princeton B.C. No hotel or motel available . Sleeping in the vehicle at minus 20 is no fun . All highways closed , finally left and drove ten hours up to Kamloops and over to the Duffy Lake road . Not a fun drive in winter . Got to Pemberton and it was a blizzard all through Whistler to Horseshoe Bay . Meanwhile highway 3 reopened and I would have been home faster had I waited .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Spent the last three days stuck behind the avalanche on highway 3 , at the wonderful metropolis of Princeton B.C. No hotel or motel available . Sleeping in the vehicle at minus 20 is no fun . All highways closed , finally left and drove ten hours up to Kamloops and over to the Duffy Lake road . Not a fun drive in winter . Got to Pemberton and it was a blizzard all through Whistler to Horseshoe Bay . Meanwhile highway 3 reopened and I would have been home faster had I waited .
Glad ya got through it OK.

Look on the bright side. The year's GOTTA get better'n it started!

Reactions: taxslave and petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Glad ya got through it OK.

Look on the bright side. The year's GOTTA get better'n it started!
It was kind of fun actually. We all hung around in the holding area whining and bitching about the lack of information . The worst part was missing the Chiefs game . It sounded like a douzy . Got to listen to the fourth quarter .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
It is a big snow year up in the southern interior mountains . Moyie Lake is already frozen and snow covered . Last winter it wasn’t frozen solid until mid February . If this keeps up should be a big flood danger this spring

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
2008 we had close to 5 feet of snow in Qualicum Beach. Raised hell with the palm trees. Then it rained, making the load on roofs rather dangerous.
Yes some winters we get hit hard on the coast but when Cranbrook radio is calling this winter snowmageddon it is lots of it . They always get lots up there , where as we sometimes do . Even in Princeton the snow is up to the deers chests three feet or so .

Reactions: petros and taxslave

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Could’ve been worse as you could’ve been stuck in an electric vehicle in the metropolis of Princeton (if they don’t have hotels or motels available then chances are EV charging stations are thin on the ground ) British Columbia, or in a diesel powered vehicle with a government mandated DEF/DPF Exhaust Aftertreatment System that would have plugged up & shut your truck down (and then cost you a couple thousand dollars to have it cleaned out) to keep you from idling it for those three days because freezing to death is better for the environment than you idling your truck.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Good news for climate "conservatives". . .
By Brady Dennis and
Maxine Joselow

U.S. emissions surged in 2021, putting the nation further off track from its climate targets​

U.S. greenhouse gas emissions roared back in 2021, the latest indicator that the country remains far off track from meeting President Biden’s ambitious climate change targets for the end of this decade.

A 17 percent surge in coal-fired electricity helped drive an overall increase of 6.2 percent in greenhouse gas emissions compared with the previous year, according to an analysis published Monday by the Rhodium Group. While emissions remained below pre-pandemic levels, it marked the first annual increase in reliance on the nation’s dirtiest fossil fuel since 2014, the independent research firm said.

The rise in the nation’s emissions, which many experts anticipate will continue this year, is a sign of an economy on the mend. But it also signals a potentially ominous climate reality: The United States is not yet emerging from the coronavirus pandemic with a greener economy, making it that much harder for Biden to deliver on his pledge to cut the nation’s emissions in half by 2030.
Story

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Surely you are posting in jest? Currently it is -1°C in Vancouver with the windchill. Where I am sitting right now it is been between -35°C and -50°C with the windchill for the last couple of weeks, since before Christmas and it’s now January 8.No, at the time of this posting it was snowing.

At the time I did that posting it was snowing. But now the weather has warmed up and it will be going up to 47F. All is back to normal. (y)