It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Building a house in the woods is a bit different than building on a flood plain. Fire we can prevent and control if the bureaucraps don't get in the way. Floods caused bu major rain are a bit more difficult but can be prevented if we quit screwing with the topography. There was an excellent documentary on TV a couple of nights ago, Either Manitoba or Saskatchewan, a biosphere protected area that is largely farmland. When they were mostly growing cows the land was prettymuch left as nature designed it, beaver dams, swamps etc. Then markets and Agribiz dictated they grow food crops and all the brush was cleared and land levelled for machine production. All of a sudden they had floods like never before and some smart cookie tried redesigning the land to be more natural. Fixed most of the problem.
My point was that building where there's a risk, the person/people doing so should not be bailed out by taxpayers if they can't get insurance to cover any lose.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I suppose the fact that climate has always changed seems to be missing from the conversation. What was the climate like in the world 500 or 1000 years ago? There are climatologists who state that Carbon was much higher thousands if not millions of years ago when there were no fossil fuels in use.

I'm thinking what really needs to be discussed is "weather" which is usually a local issue and there are things that can be done to mitigate said weather i.e. do not build your home on a beach, or in the woods (without taking care of them) or in hurricane/tornado alley. But I guess those solutions are too easy. It's simply easier to insist that everything bad that happens is due to climate change and lets tax the hell out of everyone to try to make it better. Yep, good plan!! Doubt if it'll work but it will certainly make everyone poorer while the rich can "purchase" credits and have absolutely no change in lifestyle. Yep, that'll work.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I suppose the fact that climate has always changed seems to be missing from the conversation. What was the climate like in the world 500 or 1000 years ago?
1000 years ago was the cold dark ages then it warmed up. 500 years ago it started to cool off again. Weird hey? It should be weird, we're in an ice age.

Reactions: taxslave

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
There sure is a lot if inferin' goin' on in terms of rain. But hey, it comes from official government scientists so it must be credible. No matter what, we're all gonna die. Unless we stop using our air conditioners. Sigh........
"Official government scientists", eh? That should tell anyone with an ounce of brains in their heads that they should not be listening and should not really trust what anyone says who works for the government anymore. The government cannot even run and operate a lemonade stand without eventually bankrupting it. Instead of having one person to run the stand they will end up having 20 unionized workers running the stand. The government is the problem and never the solution. The least amount of government bullshit in peoples lives the better off they will all be. Believe it or not. :LOL:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Biden Claims His Plan will Mean a Hurricane Like Ida Will Not Cause a Dollar in Damage Down the Line​

By Jim Hoft
Published September 8, 2021 at 5:10pm
581 Comments
The only claim that one could make (and it would be on very shaky ground) was that by fixing the CO2 hurricanes like Ida would be less frequent. But should a hurricane like that actually hit, it would cause damage ... unless his plan is to rebuild the entire area underground or something.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020

Biden Claims His Plan will Mean a Hurricane Like Ida Will Not Cause a Dollar in Damage Down the Line​

By Jim Hoft
581 Comment

By Jim Hoft
581 Comments
Will there ever be anyone out there in America who will finally claim that BiDumb is as senile and as dumb as a fkn rock? Just wondering.