In other words ...

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"Rapidly changing advancements in technology are helping to spread the Gospel message in new ways, and often in record time.

International Bible translators, Wycliffe Associates has developed new technological tools that help translate languages that are only spoken with no written form.

Wycliffe's Bible Translation Recording Kits (BTRK) along with a method called Mobile Assistance Supporting Translation (MAST) are providing indigenous translators with a new way to translate the Bible, and just as quickly for oral languages as for written ones.

Bruce Smith, president and CEO of the Orlando-based ministry, explained the need for oral translations.

'There are entire massive populations of people who have totally, exclusively spoken languages...Jesus died for them, just like He died for you and me. We can't leave them behind. We've got to reach them—and we will,' he said.

Wycliffe estimates 2,000 languages are spoken without any written form.

Translators are now utilizing the MAST method to reach those cultures where storytelling and listening is the only way of communicating and receiving information.

The MAST method enlists groups of indigenous-speaking translators working together in parallel to translate the Bible. The method helps them complete the task quickly and with a high level of accuracy.

They are translating the Bible for cultures where there is no texting, no Facebook, Twitter, the Internet, newspapers, or books.

'When they hear the Scriptures, they are hearing them in the language of their heart—the language they think in, the language they pray in, the language they dream in,' Smith explained.

Wycliffe Associates has conducted more than 200 MAST workshops where 66 new language translations were started. And 169 existing translations were accelerated because of the MAST method.

Traditional translation methods can take as long as 25 to 30-years for an entire New Testament. The first MAST method test occurred two years ago when mother tongue translators in Asia completed 48 percent of the New Testament in just two weeks.

Each Bible Translation Recording Kit (BTRK) contains a computer tablet loaded with special software and recording equipment.

Within the next year, Wycliffe wants to provide nearly 1,000 kits to translators working in areas where the people have no written language. Each kit costs $500.

'Bible Translation Recording Kits also will help us reach countless millions of people who have a written language, but who can't read,' Smith said. 'In other words, this kit is a breakthrough of colossal proportions.'

In 2015, more than 6,000 Wycliffe Associates staff and volunteers served to facilitate and translate the Bible in 75 countries."

Tensions High after New Revelations About N. Korea's Nuke Capabilities | CBN.com

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14 NIV)

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"Rapidly changing advancements in technology are helping to spread the Gospel message in new ways, and often in record time.

International Bible translators, Wycliffe Associates has developed new technological tools that help translate languages that are only spoken with no written form.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2...-there-is-no-texting-facebook-or-written-word

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14 NIV)

What is 'this gospel of the kingdom'? Who is the intended audience? What related 'end' is anticipated?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The bruise to Satan's head is the last event before God is with people again. That comes in the form of Jesus becoming 'king of the earth' and that means the kingdom He comes from is the base for His authority.

Joh:18:36:
Jesus answered,
My kingdom is not of this world:
if my kingdom were of this world,
then would my servants fight,
that I should not be delivered to the Jews:
but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Re:10:7:
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel,
when he shall begin to sound,
the mystery of God should be finished,
as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Wycliffe's Bible Translation Recording Kits (BTRK) along with a method called Mobile Assistance Supporting Translation (MAST) are providing indigenous translators with a new way to translate the Bible, and just as quickly for oral languages as for written ones.

Bruce Smith, president and CEO of the Orlando-based ministry, explained the need for oral translations.

'There are entire massive populations of people who have totally, exclusively spoken languages...Jesus died for them, just like He died for you and me. We can't leave them behind. We've got to reach them—and we will,' he said.

Wycliffe estimates 2,000 languages are spoken without any written form.

Translators are now utilizing the MAST method to reach those cultures where storytelling and listening is the only way of communicating and receiving information.

The MAST method enlists groups of indigenous-speaking translators working together in parallel to translate the Bible. The method helps them complete the task quickly and with a high level of accuracy.

They are translating the Bible for cultures where there is no texting, no Facebook, Twitter, the Internet, newspapers, or books.

'When they hear the Scriptures, they are hearing them in the language of their heart—the language they think in, the language they pray in, the language they dream in,' Smith explained.

Wycliffe Associates has conducted more than 200 MAST workshops where 66 new language translations were started. And 169 existing translations were accelerated because of the MAST method.

Traditional translation methods can take as long as 25 to 30-years for an entire New Testament. The first MAST method test occurred two years ago when mother tongue translators in Asia completed 48 percent of the New Testament in just two weeks.

Each Bible Translation Recording Kit (BTRK) contains a computer tablet loaded with special software and recording equipment.

Within the next year, Wycliffe wants to provide nearly 1,000 kits to translators working in areas where the people have no written language. Each kit costs $500.

'Bible Translation Recording Kits also will help us reach countless millions of people who have a written language, but who can't read,' Smith said. 'In other words, this kit is a breakthrough of colossal proportions.'

In 2015, more than 6,000 Wycliffe Associates staff and volunteers served to facilitate and translate the Bible in 75 countries."

Tensions High after New Revelations About N. Korea's Nuke Capabilities | CBN.com

And all the other nutbars are doing the same thing. Think I will see what revelations Zeus has today.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
The bruise to Satan's head is the last event before God is with people again. That comes in the form of Jesus becoming 'king of the earth' and that means the kingdom He comes from is the base for His authority.

Joh:18:36:
Jesus answered,
My kingdom is not of this world:
if my kingdom were of this world,
then would my servants fight,
that I should not be delivered to the Jews:
but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Re:10:7:
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel,
when he shall begin to sound,
the mystery of God should be finished,
as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Agree, MHz. It is indeed good news that Jesus is sovereign over all, that his authority comes from God and that his reign is sure.

Last edited:

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
What is 'this gospel of the kingdom'? Who is the intended audience? What related 'end' is anticipated?

Good news of global peace. Whole world. End of this present age of chaos.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Funny how we always ask, "How could a God DO this?" when faced with disaster or adversity.

But we never say, "How could the Devil allow me to enjoy this beautiful sunset, or birth of my child?"

Curious, eh?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Calvinism versus Arminianism, Cliffy. Religion is a form of godliness without substance. Faith is reasoned response to revelation.
And what if that reasoned response to revelation means something that has nothing to do with the bible and/or Christianity? What if it has nothing to do with religion at all?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
And what if that reasoned response to revelation means something that has nothing to do with the bible and/or Christianity? What if it has nothing to do with religion at all?

What if I was in a group Bible study when I read your post, Cliffy?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What if I was in a group Bible study when I read your post, Cliffy?
Then you weren't paying attention to the bible study. How does asking that silly question answer the question?

You see, I have had revelations and I know hundreds who have had revelations that changed our lives, deepened our faith and brought us to a personal relationship with our creator. Some led to other religions, some to spiritual paths and some to atheism. All followed the edict in the bible "seek and ye shall find, ask and ye shall receive" and all were led to a different understanding of their place in the cosmos and of the divine. Your way is fine for you but it isn't necessarily fine for others. Is it so difficult to think that god has led others to a different relationship with Life than the one you were led to?