In Brexit vote, echoes of Trumpism minus Donald Trump

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Uh oh... Flossy's new Mugsy needs backup.

I bet B00mer gave you that greenie too. You know he did. :)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I wouldn't get out of bed for that.

Sure you wouldn't.... No touch freight, have time for fun on the weekends for drives..

You see I have great credit, but believe in paying cash for everything - biggest scam is the interest on a loan paying 30% more than the value..

Pay cash you can bargain -- cash for land, cars, houses - so I have a few incomes.. Trucking Part Time is one..

Web design for a company is another .. and script programming.

But I have NO STRESS. Can move or travel any time I desire. Nothing holding me down.

Where I work 2 ex-cops drive too, one is 70 years old

Some folks like to be busy..

A quartet is four not five.

Make your complaint to John Oliver.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The Cashier said he couldn't leave the store without paying and he said "talk to momma Merkle". The cashier called the store manager and he contacted City Hall - they told him to send the bill to them so now all these migrants are taking whatever they want without paying - a precedent has been set.

My friend said it's incredibly bad there and not very safe at all. People are getting pretty angry about everything and she said she doesn't see it getting better anytime soon.

I wonder if young Justin has been apprised of the situation...........he may want to take another look before bringing in any more.

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
I don't get leftists. They had trade deals. NAFTA, SPP, etc. They say it erodes sovereignty. But they love the EU? Because the EU is big government to the nth degree. It is taxation without representation, and there's no way to vote these fat cat bureaucrats out of office.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
And police intimidation.

Absolutely disgusting that the police - who are rarely to be seen when someone's house is getting burgled or someone is being attacked in the street - are trying to get this man off the street just because he is campaigning for Britain to leave the European Union. The last time I checked Britain is a democracy and, now that we have a referendum, people should be allowed to take to the streets to campaign for a Leave vote. This is the British Establishment right down to a tee. Use thuggery and intimidation and even order the police out to disrupt democratic campaigning. If I was this guy I'd sue the police.

Just reminds us why millions of people around the world were willing to die to get free of the Brits.
So it's okay for other countries, including America, to gain their freedom and independence and sovereignty, but not Britain? Is that what you're saying?

It's funny this, because just a few days ago you were telling me that you support Brexit, and now you are attacking other people for having pro-Brexit views. It's a rather odd attitude you've got.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Absolutely disgusting that the police - who are rarely to be seen when someone's house is getting burgled or someone is being attacked in the street - are trying to get this man off the street just because he is campaigning for Britain to leave the European Union. The last time I checked Britain is a democracy and, now that we have a referendum, people should be allowed to take to the streets to campaign for a Leave vote. This is the British Establishment right down to a tee. Use thuggery and intimidation and even order the police out to disrupt democratic campaigning. If I was this guy I'd sue the police.
Nice to see your government has retained its thug skills.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
...or they don't like to be invaded by so many different cultures... AFRAID.

Brexit supporters say they're worried about immigration. The real problems are deeper.

Bigots and Racism... just look at Blackleaf, a perfect example of this.

Say MentalFloss here is your Trump, Boris Johnson MP

EU referendum: David Cameron says 'Brits don't quit' as he makes 'personal' appeal for Britain to stay in the EU outside No 10

It's okay for you to call ordinary, law-abiding citizens "bigots" and "racists" for being concerned about the fact that uncontrolled, unlimited immigration is putting pressure on their locals schools, hospital and housing when you don't live within the EU and therefore don't have to put up with EU free movement of people laws. It's not Canada which is told by unelected foreigners in Brussels that it must accept unlimited numbers of migrants, either skilled or unskilled, law-abiding or child rapist, from 27 other EU countries. Oh no. You can control the numbers coming into your country as you are lucky enough to be a non-EU country. You have the immigration system that Ukip want to adopt post-Brexit.

I'm afraid the days are long gone when you can call British citizens who are concerned about immigration "bigots" and "racists". Any politician or campaigner who does this is punished greatly in the polls, as the Labour Party were in the 2010 General Election after then Prime Minister Gordon Brown called a Labour voter "that bigoted woman" (in his car afterwards, forgetting his microphone was still on) after she asked him what is he going to do to cut immigration. It was that offensive which ended Brown and Labour's 13 years in power.

So I'd be careful calling people "bigoted" and "racist" in this referendum. It'll likely persuade them to vote Leave.

Nice to see your government has retained its thug skills.

It seems as though the government - headed by Remain supporter Cameron - will do anything to get the result it wants in this referendum, even down to intinmidating Leave campaigners and trying to drive them off the street.

Such police harrassment of people who are merely campaigning for votes in a major referendum is absolutely disgusting in the world's oldest surviving democracy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's okay for you to call ordinary, law-abiding citizens "bigots" and "racists" for being concerned about the fact that uncontrolled, unlimited immigration is putting pressure on their locals schools, hospital and housing when you don't live within the EU and therefore don't have to put up with EU free movement of people laws. It's not Canada which is told by unelected foreigners in Brussels that it must accept unlimited numbers of migrants, either skilled or unskilled, law-abiding or child rapist, from 27 other EU countries. Oh no. You can control the numbers coming into your country as you are lucky enough to be a non-EU country. You have the immigration system that Ukip want to adopt post-Brexit.

I'm afraid the days are long gone when you can call British citizens who are concerned about immigration "bigots" and "racists". Any politician or campaigner who does this is punished greatly in the polls, as the Labour Party were in the 2010 General Election after then Prime Minister Gordon Brown called a Labour voter "that bigoted woman" (in his car afterwards, forgetting his microphone was still on) after she asked him what is he going to do to cut immigration. It was that offensive which ended Brown and Labour's 13 years in power.

So I'd be careful calling people "bigoted" and "racist" in this referendum. It'll likely persuade them to vote Leave.

It seems as though the government - headed by Remain supporter Cameron - will do anything to get the result it wants in this referendum, even down to intinmidating Leave campaigners and trying to drive them off the street.

Such police harrassment of people who are merely campaigning for votes in a major referendum is absolutely disgusting in the world's oldest surviving democracy.
Well, it would be, but I'm not aware they're intimidating people in Iceland.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's the oldest surviving democracy. The Allthing has sat in session since 960. Parliament ain't that old, and had a little timeout under Cromwell even if it was.

The Althing which is around now is not quite the same Althing that was founded in 930 (not 960). There was no Althing between 1799 and 1844, so the present Althing is barely 200 years old.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Althing which is around now is not quite the same Althing that was founded in 930 (not 960). There was no Althing between 1799 and 1844, so the present Althing is barely 200 years old.
That's OK, Parliament ain't what Parliament was neither. Which is a good thing, all in all.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_OVFpQQvxY

LOL yup spouting his Anti-Immigration BS.

I'm thinking this election may very well mirror this next US election..

If fear of Immigration, hate and racists win and Britain leaves the EU.. then I guess hate and fear may win in the USA.

WHAT?? Trump's mother was born in the UK? Did she come to the USA illegally?

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Good grief... the fool does not know the difference between illegal immigration and legal immigration.