Iceland's volcano

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I feel sorry for the people of Iceland, their economy is at a stand still and now this. Bad for people with respiratory ailments, Bad for travel Insurance companies, bad for air traffic the cost by the time it is back to normal must be astronomical.

YouTube - Volcano eruption in Iceland. 24.03.2010. Day 4.

Last edited:

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
My condolences Iceland. And Poland. And China.

Bad things are happening everywhere.

I'm sad.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
the world isnt ending this is totally normal

Yeah, it's just Mother Nature throwing one of her tantrums. With all this global warming you are bound to get expansion and expansion creates fissures, releasing the effluence through the internal pressures of the earth. Maybe there is a market for lava. :smile:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
its part of the mid atalantic ridge, its been spreading since the break up of pangaea, that gives us the volcanism

mammels survived the cretacous mass extinction, we should be good

Last edited:

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Iceland, the land of the volcano and thermal energy is having normal event unfortunately it is happening under a glacier which is making it worse by flooding that area and shooting volcanic ash fifty-five thousand feet into the air where commercial air traffic fly.

This is the nature of the beast and it happens only a few hundred years.

The airplanes can use a different route but that would cost too much money in fuel so they are waiting it out.

This eruption gives a person a perspective into what a nuclear holocaust would look like minus the radiation fall-out.

According to a scientist on television said that the volcanic ash is like sharp chards of glass like material that if breathed in will do irreversible damage to the human body.

According to different news clips the volcanic ash has reached the eastern seaboard of North America.

It might take years to tally the final damage of this tragic event.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
its part of the mid atalantic ridge, its been spreading since the break up of pangaea, that gives us the volcanism

mammels survived the cretacous mass extinction, we should be good

Yep, probably small potatoes compared with getting smacked by lunar sized satelite from outer space.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Next year, London will be a quarter inch farther away from New York. Talk about expended effort!

Dang. I'm still trying to come to grips with the fact that at some point in the future, L.A. and San Francisco are going to be right next to each other and California is going to have a huge penninsula jetting into the Pacific.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
With all this global warming you are bound to get expansion and expansion creates fissures, releasing the effluence through the internal pressures of the earth.
Just like Krakatoa in 1883.