I want to experience reality .

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I, in reality, do not belong on this thread. I have reread China's introduction many many times, and
I can't fit my thought process into that thought process at all.
So, in my opinion, reality isn't real until it's happening, and while it's happening, and after that, it's
a memory, then it goes into a department to be, savoured and kept forever, quickly forgotton, or
put in a subconcious, and pops up spontaniously, without thought.
I don't know, this makes me tired,I have to try too hard to figure it out, and most of it doesn't make
sense to me, but I assume I just don't understand, so be it. I am so realistic, everything for me, is,
pretty well straight ahead, as I hate fantasy, sci.fi.,religion, not many "frills" in my thought process.

Talloola

An example: Have you ever been so happy you thought you would burst into tears? If so - you probably remember that reality - and it probably hangs around in your life whether you choose to bring it out and relive it on occasion. Another time: Has someone said or done something to you which hurt you to your core and again brought tears or anger or even fear? No doubt it is lurking there as well. Sometimes reality is acknowledging all that has gone on before makes our decisions for us in the here and now.... whether this is a good thing or bad thing, depends upon our lives, and some of us rewrite our history to suit being able to live with the memories which do create our present...unavoidable stuff.

These aren't frills at all....just part of our building blocks.... to take to the elementary level: We know about fire/burning and drowning/deep water.... things we learn along the way become our "reality"....

If you are good at "forgetting" or letting things go...you are probably a lucky person.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Gilbert/Beaver

It is interesting to observe you two and some of your buds work so hard at your games on some topics you don't like, or topics started by people you disapprove of.

A forum this diverse and this populated should be able to dedicate some space for people you prefer to make fun of...yet you continually tank or obscure their original themes.

Life can't be all about you..... Guess that is reality too.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Gilbert/Beaver

It is interesting to observe you two and some of your buds work so hard at your games on some topics you don't like, or topics started by people you disapprove of.

A forum this diverse and this populated should be able to dedicate some space for people you prefer to make fun of...yet you continually tank or obscure their original themes.

lol we could mirror every thread in a "take the piss out of this" forum. sincere people could post in one thread and the piss-takers in the other..

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
It would be boring eh Hermann???

I'll grant the s**t disturbers spice up a place but I saw what happened to Sanctus and every time China posts he gets a few lobbed at him..... two very serene, peaceful and kind guys.... get treated like the local animal abusers....

I guess I'm not much for peaceful observing....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Gilbert/Beaver

That's just your warped perspective of reality, reality is laughter, it's not as serious as you think.And in future correspondence could you remember that B proceeds g, thankyou. :)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Talloola

An example: Have you ever been so happy you thought you would burst into tears? If so - you probably remember that reality - and it probably hangs around in your life whether you choose to bring it out and relive it on occasion. Another time: Has someone said or done something to you which hurt you to your core and again brought tears or anger or even fear? No doubt it is lurking there as well. Sometimes reality is acknowledging all that has gone on before makes our decisions for us in the here and now.... whether this is a good thing or bad thing, depends upon our lives, and some of us rewrite our history to suit being able to live with the memories which do create our present...unavoidable stuff.

These aren't frills at all....just part of our building blocks.... to take to the elementary level: We know about fire/burning and drowning/deep water.... things we learn along the way become our "reality"....

If you are good at "forgetting" or letting things go...you are probably a lucky person.

That made it all very simple to realize. Guess I'm always trying to make things seem very
difficult, when it isn't, looking past the obvious, for the complicated.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
It would be boring eh Hermann???

I'll grant the s**t disturbers spice up a place but I saw what happened to Sanctus and every time China posts he gets a few lobbed at him..... two very serene, peaceful and kind guys.... get treated like the local animal abusers....

I guess I'm not much for peaceful observing....

I gotta stand with you on this one curio it does get a bit much. Fun is fun but running off with a thread is rude to the OP and those interested in the subject. Im guilty myself but most of the time I try to string it back to topic.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
That made it all very simple to realize. Guess I'm always trying to make things seem very
difficult, when it isn't, looking past the obvious, for the complicated.

Talloola

"Simple" is my middle name. I think you have a great mind for unmuddling issues.... most things are complicated.... and those are the ones that trip us up.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I gotta stand with you on this one curio it does get a bit much. Fun is fun but running off with a thread is rude to the OP and those interested in the subject. Im guilty myself but most of the time I try to string it back to topic.

Self we all deviate from the topic question or message...

Threads take on a life of their own and I am an offender along with probably everyone who has posted regularly on a forum.... we see something and we want to expand and discuss it - no matter if it belongs on the topic or not....

This is a different kind of interruption - if it were done in fun - I would be happy.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Okay, I'll get the thread back on track.
Reality is best learned when the person you most depend on is yourself. Every Canadian at a young age should undergo some wilderness training. Be expected to fend for himself or herself at a wilderness centre for two weeks. Live austerely, meet some hardships, grow from self-reliance and be effectually the best person they can be when numero uno is the only one to call.

Reactions: Curiosity

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Tamarin

What an excellent idea - talk about self builder - we never really test our personal resources in our cared-for lives.... being snowed on seems to be the height of torture ....

True to life primal therapy....for those who want to see how they would make it in a reality-based setting..... how our ancestors actually did.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Yes, and some might actually learn to dream. I loved reading about Indians when I was a kid. That's what they called them then. And part of the coming-of-age ceremony for some tribes was for the young to go off on their own, self-preserve, endure and dream. And from the dream for many would come a name to carry them through adulthood. Sustain them in all the lightfilled, darkdusked years ahead. Always liked that idea!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Tamarin

I loved the "Indian" analogy story .... great example

Hehe I was just talking to my sister in Canada on the phone and I told her about your post - she went into gales of laughter over me trying to make it one night without mosquito netting...

Apparently I wasn't considered the even best "mild summer" camper let alone facing adverse conditions hahaha.

But I'd sure learn a lot about what a wimp I am if nothing else.... (bah sisters know too much !!)

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Okay, I'll get the thread back on track.
Reality is best learned when the person you most depend on is yourself. Every Canadian at a young age should undergo some wilderness training. Be expected to fend for himself or herself at a wilderness centre for two weeks. Live austerely, meet some hardships, grow from self-reliance and be effectually the best person they can be when numero uno is the only one to call.

In the States they have a program like that. Its called the challange course. In my home town we started a program incompassing it but taking it a step further. Its called the 8th grade camping trip. The entire 8th grade groups up into groups of 6-10 kids no more and 2 adults. I was the second group out and my Mom and my science teacher were our leaders. We were the misfit group. Nobody wanted us in their groups. Mom was in charge of the challange couse and remained so until a year before she died and the year she died they took her out there in an ambulance. I met my best friend in that group. I dated her brother (he was my first kiss, lasted 4 days but it was my first boyfriend)

The course teaches trust and cooperation. Kids fall back into a group and learn to trust others even if you dont like them. They do a rope exercise that each side must go over a mud puddle with a large brick and they brain storm to figure it out. Mom was very proud of the course.