i hate the recession

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
My point is, perhaps a few other folks are having a tough time.
If you haven't seen them, I have.

Sure some of them are having a tough time, Trex. We are in a recession after all, there is going to be some pain. And at individual level, if you are yourself unemployed, that is not a recession, that is a depression (as Reagan said, recession is when you neighbour loses his job, depression is when you lose yours).

But when talking about conditions in the country, one must look at the overall statistical picture, and the statistical picture in Canada is nowhere near as bad as that in say, USA or UK.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Or perhaps its just you?

Nope. I don't personally know anybody that has lost a job or even is in fear of losing a job.

It's just swell that you are doing fine in Southern Alberta.
Good for you.

Errr....thanks

Fact is, I am doing OK as well.
But that's just me.
And you, I guess.

...and lots of other folks

Perhaps others are not fairing as well?

Probably not. That's what happens during a recession.

My point is, perhaps a few other folks are having a tough time.
If you haven't seen them, I have.

I'm aware of the problems in the rest of Alberta and Canada. We are not experiencing those problems here. Sorry if that bothers you. Get a life.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Most of my buddys working pipeline or rigs are laid off,lots went back east and home,the ones that are working are getting work mainly in Sask.

Ive worked for lots of big outfits in Alberta and they all say things are dead except for a few infrastructure projects like water and sewer.

I am in southern Alberta and you wouldnt believe how they handed out stimulis money,1/4 million to one guy to cut trails for the quad club here and 3/4 million to a consultant to do a study on if its feasible to turn an old coal mine tipple into some kind of historic site.
Same tipple that should have been cleaned up years ago when the owners got it in some huge coal takeovers.

So that created 2 jobs.:roll:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Are you good at laying the pipe? It sounds like TCP needs someone in Northern Ontario. Second blow-out in two weeks
Worked a few years pipeline,mostly running iron and reclaiming and then QC inspection.

I'll go anywhere to work,have been since 1978.
The pipeline industry has been dominated by easterners for years so with lots going home now it could open some doors here for us locals.