Hyperinflation is coming...

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Having recently retired, I worry about the savings we have & the pensions we receive - This is the first time I've found someone who actually is worried about where our economy & money is heading for as the hyperinflation is inevitable. With Trudeau believing that the "budget will balance itself", it's pretty damn scary, especially since the U.S. is going down the same road. When the U.S. dollar collapses, what do you think it going to happen to the Cdn dollar?
There are lots of people concerned about the economy, but once the emotion subsides you're left with one conclusion...the government isn't going to save you, in fact it's the opposite. So what are you going to do about it?

I suspect the Canadian dollar is going to devalue on par with the American dollar. That's essentially what hyperinflation is. Could buy stocks, bonds, or exchange those dollars for commodities...something tangible. My opinion only, you have to decide what is best for you.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's only worth what someone is willing to pay you that's if you can find a buyer. Industry has their sources who Zero interest in buying your 5kg sack of silver maples. There are very few cash buyers paying spot and when shit hits the fan they'll have you by the balls.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
It's only worth what someone is willing to pay you that's if you can find a buyer. Industry has their sources who Zero interest in buying your 5kg sack of silver maples. There are very few cash buyers paying spot and when shit hits the fan they'll have you by the balls.
Most places are buying rcm silver over spot (about $4/oz over last time I checked). If they aren't...move on. When shit hits the fan, what do you think your dollar bills are going to be worth.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
The only thing you have of value are your skills and experience. Everything else is a farce and based on a belief of value.

Intrinsic asset value has been the foundation of trade since the beginning of human existence. Not sure farce would be the way I would define it. Trust and confidence in the perceived value of assets is instinctive. Your skills are worthless if no one needs them, and if they do, it would likely be wise to barter for something in return.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The Govt wants everything the Greatest Gen, baby boomers and Gen X have amassed in savings and property. We are being robbed of our future and we'll have nothing to leave for our children.

uuum, I wouldn't say the Boomer and Gen X are the Greatest Generation..

I will go with those born 1900 to 1940.. that generation, the generation of WWI & WWII.. where you could still do a deal on a hand shake.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Can China’s ¥ Replace $US ? China has an Achilles Heel That Offsets its Threat to U.S​

Outwardly China is celebrating sterling pandemic recovery: The Chinese regime is extending its production (and often its authoritarianism) into various countries that lie on its ‘Belt & Road Initiative’ routes. It continues to attract significant foreign investment, particularly from the U.S. The IMF has projected over 8% GDP growth for China for 2021. These are among the factors driving its optimism about overtaking the U.S. dollar with the Chinese Yuan in global markets. However, global trade economist and China commentator, Solomon Yue offers us his very different take on China’s economy and shows us why all may not be as it appears. Why are so many of China’s officials sending their wives, their concubines, and their legitimate and illegitimate children to live in the U.S.? And what’s the hidden connection between this and the military balance of power between the two countries?

Reactions: petros