How the GW myth is perpetuated

Musky

Time Out
May 19, 2017
What do you mean "cleaner air"?

If you reduce energy use that means that you have to pay more money for it. And many people cannot afford to. As cheap as energy is in California two winters ago when it was so cold here I drove around the poor neighborhoods and you could see people sitting out in the sun in the mornings because they couldn't afford to heat their homes at night. In colder climates than here that means people dying.

Less energy use means less food production. Do you know what that is? Probably not. You probably live in your mother's basement off of her buck.

Less energy use means less availability of clean water. Less availability of washing clothes which means diseases spread more readily.

Higher prices for EVERYTHING.

Exactly how difficult was this to understand?

And who are the people hardest hit? The poor. So you just don't care about them.

Yeah, that sounds like a scientific observation.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
We used to send our air out twice a month for cleaning.

The servants actually did it.

But they got paid!

And handsomely too, I might add.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Less energy use means less food production. Do you know what that is? Probably not. You probably live in your mother's basement off of her buck.
All you have to do is invent a mechanical solar powered tractor.

We already had solar powered tractors, they are known as oxen and horses. They are vegetarians, forage is stored solar energy.

Yeah, that sounds like a scientific observation.

Yup. No different than dozens turtles sitting on a floating dead fall at dawn or lizards on rocks or snakes cuddling with sleeping mammals on a cool night in October.

Last edited:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
What do you mean "cleaner air"?

If you reduce energy use that means that you have to pay more money for it. And many people cannot afford to. As cheap as energy is in California two winters ago when it was so cold here I drove around the poor neighborhoods and you could see people sitting out in the sun in the mornings because they couldn't afford to heat their homes at night. In colder climates than here that means people dying.

Less energy use means less availability of clean water. Less availability of washing clothes which means diseases spread more readily.

Higher prices for EVERYTHING.

Exactly how difficult was this to understand?

And who are the people hardest hit? The poor. So you just don't care about them.

You are babbling. Nothing in my post made any reference to any of the so-called "points" you have tried to make. And if you don't know what clean air is then I am afraid I cannot help you.

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
You are babbling. Nothing in my post made any reference to any of the so-called "points" you have tried to make. And if you don't know what clean air is then I am afraid I cannot help you.
If you cannot describe what "cleaner air" is you do nothing more than show people that you are simply throwing around catch phrases from someone else's mouth. Also it's interesting that the True Believers in the Church of Global Warming seem to think that there is no cost to demands you make. "We" are expected to cut back on things while you are still driving 35,000 mile a year. You still want to travel to Europe and Australia and Asia. You aren't willing to change your lifestyle but everyone else should be forced to.You True Believers are a joke.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
like al gore's co2 footprint

Al Gore's Hypocrisy: The Climate Crusader Profits from Fossil Fuels
Al Gore's Hypocrisy: The Climate Crusader Profits from Fossil Fuels | OilPrice.com

Al Gore's Carbon Footprint Is Big.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2007-02-26/al-gores-carbon-footprint-is-big-dot

Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire
Al Gore, the former US vice president, could become the world's first carbon billionaire after investing heavily in green energy companies.
Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire - Telegraph

You'd think he could hire better flunkies to defend his insane carbon footprint and stock pumping activities instead of the numbnulls we always seem to have to put up with.
;)

Oh wait, next we will get the "reality is fake news BS" from the fake news spreader.
lol...can you please hit the garden out back with that?
:)

"Hulk Actor: Questioning Gore & DiCaprio’s carbon footprint ‘defies the spirit’ of the climate march – ‘That is a question you shouldn’t be asking here today’"
Hulk Actor: Questioning Gore & DiCaprio’s carbon footprint ‘defies the spirit’ of the climate march – ‘That is a question you shouldn

Top 7 Climate Change Hypocrites
https://www.therebel.media/top_7_climate_change_hypocrites

PROVIDING INSIGHT INTO CLIMATE CHANGE AL GORE WAS WRONG ABOUT CARBON DIOXIDE

Al Gore presented graphs in the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" showing carbon dioxide (CO2) and temperature change from Antarctic Vostok ice core records as evidence that CO2 causes climate change.
But he got cause and effect reversed! The record actually shows that the CO2 increase lagged the warming by about 800 years. Temperature increases cause the oceans to expel CO2, increasing the CO2 content of the atmosphere.
https://www.friendsofscience.org/index.php?id=455

Honestly, these people use the word "DENIER", which they only do because this is their religion...and we all know that "religion" is the "fakest news" ever.
;)

Last edited:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
If you cannot describe what "cleaner air" is you do nothing more than show people that you are simply throwing around catch phrases from someone else's mouth. Also it's interesting that the True Believers in the Church of Global Warming seem to think that there is no cost to demands you make. "We" are expected to cut back on things while you are still driving 35,000 mile a year. You still want to travel to Europe and Australia and Asia. You aren't willing to change your lifestyle but everyone else should be forced to.You True Believers are a joke.

A rather weak reply. Almost every niche that oil and coal fill can be replaced by green energy. And stop reading things into my reply that are not there. I did not state in any way that reduction in energy use was necessary. And in any case you are beating a dead horse. As I have pointed out in previous posts the age of carboniferous fuels is coming to an end and there is nothing you or anyone else can do to change that.

like al gore's co2 footprint

Al Gore's Hypocrisy: The Climate Crusader Profits from Fossil Fuels
Al Gore's Hypocrisy: The Climate Crusader Profits from Fossil Fuels | OilPrice.com

Al Gore's Carbon Footprint Is Big.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2007-02-26/al-gores-carbon-footprint-is-big-dot

Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire
Al Gore, the former US vice president, could become the world's first carbon billionaire after investing heavily in green energy companies.
Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire - Telegraph

You'd think he could hire better flunkies to defend his insane carbon footprint and stock pumping activities instead of the numbnulls we always seem to have to put up with.
;)

Oh wait, next we will get the "reality is fake news BS" from the fake news spreader.
lol...can you please hit the garden out back with that?
:)

"Hulk Actor: Questioning Gore & DiCaprio’s carbon footprint ‘defies the spirit’ of the climate march – ‘That is a question you shouldn’t be asking here today’"
Hulk Actor: Questioning Gore & DiCaprio’s carbon footprint ‘defies the spirit’ of the climate march – ‘That is a question you shouldn

Top 7 Climate Change Hypocrites
https://www.therebel.media/top_7_climate_change_hypocrites

PROVIDING INSIGHT INTO CLIMATE CHANGE AL GORE WAS WRONG ABOUT CARBON DIOXIDE

Al Gore presented graphs in the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" showing carbon dioxide (CO2) and temperature change from Antarctic Vostok ice core records as evidence that CO2 causes climate change.
But he got cause and effect reversed! The record actually shows that the CO2 increase lagged the warming by about 800 years. Temperature increases cause the oceans to expel CO2, increasing the CO2 content of the atmosphere.
https://www.friendsofscience.org/index.php?id=455

Honestly, these people use the word "DENIER", which they only do because this is their religion...and we all know that "religion" is the "fakest news" ever.
;)

Gore's study is old news. The world is going green whether you like it or not and whether Gore is right or wrong.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
A rather weak reply. Almost every niche that oil and coal fill can be replaced by green energy. And stop reading things into my reply that are not there. I did not state in any way that reduction in energy use was necessary. And in any case you are beating a dead horse. As I have pointed out in previous posts the age of carboniferous fuels is coming to an end and there is nothing you or anyone else can do to change that.

Gore's study is old news. The world is going green whether you like it or not and whether Gore is right or wrong.
Yuppers I am looking forward to a traffic free morning as the world goes green . I am sure I will be waiting quite a few years .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Metro Van is one of the greenest cities in the world. There is no traffic and that brown haze is just happiness in the air.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yuppers I am looking forward to a traffic free morning as the world goes green . I am sure I will be waiting quite a few years .
You probably will. But I think it's pretty clear that the future for traffic is mass transit and driverless vehicles powered by electricity.

Like everything else, the transition will be a complicated mess of good ideas, bad ideas, brilliance and stupidity, chicanery, waste, and crime. Like every other industry in history. But it's coming.

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017

(Rant On) It grows tiresome for someone like you to say that we don't have to reduce power - that we have "green" sources of power that can replace the fossil fuel power we generally have now. Well no we don't. In the San Francisco Bay Area Pacific Gas and Electricity Has built a base of solar and windmill power plants that in perfect conditions could supply 22% of the maximum demand. Two years ago they achieved the highest collection of power from these sources ever with a drought and almost year around mild winds at the perfect velocity for windmills - they generated 3% of the AVERAGE demand. In a normal year it's 2%. And this year it will probably be a great deal less because of almost continuous clouds and winds of inappropriate speeds for power generation.

No one needs to put words in your mouth because you rant them out without a thought. We're told that electric cars will be the rule and not the exception by 2030. Wanna bet? (Rant off and a return to normal conversation)

The people that rant on about global warming and how we can control it haven't a clue either about the science which in fact denies that man had anything to do with it, man can do anything about it or even extremely ignorant statements such as "ocean acidification" when salt water is a significantly base solution and CO2 in the real case of global warming would be releasing CO2 and not taking it up. Hence it would be becoming more base and not more towards a neutral solution.

And the satellite records since 1979 until now have not shown any heating - they have shown an average gain of zero. This proves that NOAA in their rush to provide Obama with his proof of global warming did not correct for "urban heat island effect" and effectively gave corrupt science to the IPCC.

In another group one of the German students re-calculated the albedo effect of clouds to a greater accuracy (than has been circulated elsewhere with more of an eye to a general numbers than actual measurement) This showed that the "difference" in heat that has been attributed to CO2 is in fact due to "work" from lifting the entire atmosphere through the actions of conduction and convection into the tropopause. The actual amount of sunlight on the Earth that NOAA was circulating was a couple of percent off and the actual albedo effect from high altitude clouds was a little more than NOAA stated and the "blanketing" effect of low level clouds was a little less than stated. This all added up so that the amount of heating was considerably less than NOAA stated and matched very closely the satellite record.

If you think about this it should come as no surprise - one of the most efficient motors is a steam power plant and it achieves a maximum efficiency of some 60%. Is anyone suggesting that the Earth's atmosphere works more efficiently?

You yourself have show skepticism on the "denier" side of this and should be more than capable of thinking about this.

Musky

Time Out
May 19, 2017