House STRONGLY DIVIDED on ISIS Mission vote

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The Military can not be used against its own citizens.. well unless your a "Trudeau" then you can enact the War Measure Act and declare Martial Law.

The definition applies internationally.

If it was a private military doing the work then you could call it a right wing endeavor.

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
The definition applies internationally.

If it was a private military doing the work then you could call it a right wing endeavor.

Look I guess I'm one of those Canadian's you call a Lefty..

I love my guns.. my Smith & Wesson Model 59 9mm Auto (one of many)

Think Canada should have a right to carry laws and adopt the 2nd amendment like the USA.

Believe in the Death Penalty.

There are two non-Leftist views. Maybe I should run for politics in Canada..

Republican Party of Canada ??

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
If Harper was a libertarian (situated on the right side of the social spectrum) then he would let you purchase a flight to the nearest port in Iraq so you can take your gun and shoot up some mutha****as yourself.

But in the words of Walter, this is a gubmint affair.

This entire situation relies on gubmint intervention.

Now take your guns and your lamenting and get the **** over this left / right bull**** already.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Think Canada should have a right to carry laws and adopt the 2nd amendment like the USA.

Ugh, heII to the No please... We don't need that stupid crap here.

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Right you stay in that corner and enjoy your lickings.

Maybe one day you'll get your wish and the death penalty will be reinstated.

Except you will be too stupid to realize that the ones injecting the serum are working for the state and you will never realize that you were supporting a 'leftard' endeavour the whole time.

Kinda like now.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
In view of the experience of Afghanistan do Canadians think it is reasonable to rely on Uncle Sam's willingness to stay the course in this new war? The base of the Republican Party is turning isolationist. If a Republican is elected as president in 2016 the base of the Democratic Party will turn against the new war. The only real supporters of the new war are the elites of both American political parties.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Talk to the Kurds or Shias or Yazidis if there is genocide occurring.

Shia isnt a race. Its part of a religion.

As for the other two, some of those people have been switching sides in the last few weeks. May have done so under duress but they still flipped.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Some best look up the legal definition of Genocide.
Next ISIL has already succeeded. They have created a chasm between Muslims where their Sunni neighbors turned on them.

Genocide
Key Provisions

The convention defines genocide as any act committed with the idea of destroying in whole or in part a national, ethnic, racial or religious group. This includes such acts as:

Killing members of the group
Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group
Deliberately inflicting conditions calculated to physically destroy the group (the whole group or even part of the group)
Forcefully transferring children of the group to another group

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

ha, whoever you are running against could just recycle the ads used against Ignatieff - "Just visiting."

Next ISIL has already succeeded. They have created a chasm between Muslims where their Sunni neighbors turned on them.

Genocide
Key Provisions

The convention defines genocide as any act committed with the idea of destroying in whole or in part a national, ethnic, racial or religious group. This includes such acts as:

Deliberately inflicting conditions calculated to physically destroy the group (the whole group or even part of the group)

Which is somewhat vague with the "in whole or in part." Technically killing one or two people would be doing that.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

Genocide
Key Provisions

Do we have stats or percentages of the population that is affected by these acts?