House of Commons passes anti-Islamophobia motion

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The House of Commons has passed M-103, a non-binding motion condemning Islamophobia and religious discrimination.

House of Commons passes anti-Islamophobia motion - Politics - CBC News

LOL! The Islamophobic reactionary ****brains are going to be triggered by this one!

Yes, those of us that acttually have a functioning intellect (to be clear, that doesn't include you) are a little concerned that the government is now seeking out new ways to control our thought and speech.

Only a moron, or a Marxist wouldn't be concerned.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I wonder if this motion now that it is passed will address radical imams speaking at their sermons who encourage attacks against Jews...
Why would it? They don't do dick about it now despite said laws already being on the books. And I highly doubt that a motion brought forward by a Muslim, if turned into law at some point, will be used to go after Muslims preaching hate and violence because, well religious accommodation don't'cha know.

Look at the goof in London with his Arab language hate publication intended for Muslim consumption. The Ontario Liberals had taken out an ad in that publication not realizing at the time what the publication actually was. When they discovered what it was they really jumped on the goof with both feet. Yep, they pulled their ad and did nothing else about it. Wow, talk about a tough stance on hate speech and discrimination.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
What part of "anti-Islamophobia" is confusing you, son?
Uhh, maybe the part that provides a concise and clear description of "islamophobia".

Hard to be be anti-something if you haven't clearly determined exactly what that something is, and how it differs from equivalent attacks and hate imposed on other religions for which we already have laws.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Uhh, maybe the part that provides a concise and clear description of "islamophobia".

Hard to be be anti-something if you haven't clearly determined exactly what that something is, and how it differs from equivalent attacks and hate imposed on other religions for which we already have laws.
Not at all. At least half of the anti-something or other people I've heard from haven't the first ****ing clue what they're shrieking about.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Not at all. At least half of the anti-something or other people I've heard from haven't the first ****ing clue what they're shrieking about.
Thank you for your rhetorical insight. I guess we just need to weigh the thought, speech, and actions of a nation against your perception.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
But, but, but the studies in the motion are to help all religions... From a muslim stand point i guess. :p
The cursory nod to other religions and ethic groups is window dressing. In that motion is an intentionally loaded term, "Islamophobia". The problem is, there was absolutely no desire on anyone's part to clearly define what actually constitutes "Islamophobia". That's a huge problem for a lot of people.
If one believes polls, one of the latest shows a plurality of Canadians would have struck the motion down. A bigger plurality I might add, than voted for the Trudeau Liberals in the first place and about the same plurality who approved of the job he was doing at his 15 month check point.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
This is the vastly extensive Canada: go round about through the earth of God; haven't you any business but only the Islamophobia; damned you, Wicked Zionists.

So yes and OK :D

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
A thousand curses upon you, Nassir. You were given no children because of your lying, evil heart.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
"Woe to you! How can you speak about righteousness and you are evil?"

These are not my words; they are the words of Jesus Christ speaking to your ancestors, the Wicked Zionists.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun

These are not my words; they are the words of Jesus Christ speaking to your ancestors, the Wicked Zionists.

And they say a bill themed after Islamophobia will help all religions by combating things like Anti-semitism....

/slow clap for the liberals

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario

No they aren't. Jesus never spoke to wicked Zionists. Another of your lies. But we see through your lies and now God is holding you and your people to account for their sins.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
A thousand curses upon you, Nassir. You were given no children because of your lying, evil heart.

And what will your children do you any help, when you will be cast headlong into Hell, which you deserve (unless that God may be Merciful to you and guide you !!!?? I don't think so, God's enemy!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

That and the fact he only humps goats and you canels.

No they aren't. Jesus never spoke to wicked Zionists. Another of your lies. But we see through your lies and now God is holding you and your people to account for their sins.

Sorry camel bumper but there is no such thing as a wicked Zionist.