Horrendous sanitary conditions in northern Manitoba

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Some people like to pretend nothing happened and some are just full of sh!t. Like you.

What does whether or not something happened have to do with solving the problems that already exist. If people don't have clean water, you need to give them clean water. I leave worrying about the reasons and the history for the lack of clean water to folks like you...that are full of ****.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
What does whether or not something happened have to do with solving the problems that already exist. If people don't have clean water, you need to give them clean water. I leave worrying about the reasons and the history for the lack of clean water to folks like you...that are full of ****.

Yeah okay Cannuck. Keep swamping them bags man.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
SLM, pick any subject you like and give your opinion on Indians. There is no shortage of material out there.

That's right there is no shortage of material. Why don't you try absorbing some instead of running on about headlines all the time.

It's like getting an open ended essay question in a university when they ask, "discuss".

So, what? You're giving me homework now?

Dear goofy goofy goofy face .... You sound like your picture.

Seriously? You are assigning me some sort of essay question?

How many times exactly does it need to be explained to you that you can't generalize an entire group of people? Do you need a calculator for this?

The last thread that I even tried to actually discuss anything with you, you went on a several post "rant" about the appropriateness of the term 'abo' and how it some sort of right for you to use it. So don't even pretend that you are looking for anything resembling a 'logical discussion'.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What did they do for millenium before the white man came along and introduced them to Toilets?

Exactly the same thing as what the white men did back in the day! So maybe the whiteman should throw out all his sinks and toilets and then we'll all be equal again!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

HEY!!!! I just got a reprimand from El Andem for calling a stupid guy a stupid guy...................Should have compared him to a bag of hammers!! Dang!!

When will I ever learn
When will I everrrrrrrrrr learn?
ever learn.
OOOOOOOOwah

Which stupid guy was it? :lol: (no you better not) :lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah, that's not happening.

Nah, I just suggested it to highlight the inanity of a previous post. If you can put things in just the right way SOME people can get the picture without things having to get ugly. :lol:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
That's right there is no shortage of material. Why don't you try absorbing some instead of running on about headlines all the time.

So, what? You're giving me homework now?

Seriously? You are assigning me some sort of essay question?

How many times exactly does it need to be explained to you that you can't generalize an entire group of people? Do you need a calculator for this?

The last thread that I even tried to actually discuss anything with you, you went on a several post "rant" about the appropriateness of the term 'abo' and how it some sort of right for you to use it. So don't even pretend that you are looking for anything resembling a 'logical discussion'.

These are common ones that apply to many Indians:
Did we white people "steal" land from Indians? And what, if anything should be done about it?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Did we white people "steal" land from Indians?
No, the Crown swindled land, misappropriated land, stole land or stole the funds from land sale transactions.

And what, if anything should be done about it?
Any land proven to have been stolen, swindled, or misappropriated, should be paid for.

Any funds proven to have been stolen or misappropriated, should be reimbursed.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
These are common ones that apply to many Indians:
Did we white people "steal" land from Indians? And what, if anything should be done about it?

Well gee, I'm not a history buff like yourself, but I'm fairly certain that the British Empire actually gave back all the land when they ended British rule over India in 1947. Although I fail to see what this has to do with horrendous sanitary conditions in northern Manitoba.

Perhaps you are referring to the various outstanding land claims of First Nations within Canada. (You do realize that not all Canadians are white right?) Those should be settled, in accordance with the contracts as they were written. As opposed to the constant end runs that continually happen, where the First Nations groups typically get the short end of the stick in those media reports you so love to read and comment on.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You should run along and find a discussion more on your level. Maybe try this site

Justin Bieber Forum | Justin Bieber Fanfiction | JustinBieber.org

That's all yuh got huh? Figures. Must be the smell of methane gas stunting your brain cells.

HEY!!!! I just got a reprimand from El Andem for calling a stupid guy a stupid guy...................Should have compared him to a bag of hammers!! Dang!!

When will I ever learn
When will I everrrrrrrrrr learn?
ever learn.
OOOOOOOOwah

Nuggler, this is your best post ever. LMFAO

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Well gee, I'm not a history buff like yourself, but I'm fairly certain that the British Empire actually gave back all the land when they ended British rule over India in 1947. Although I fail to see what this has to do with horrendous sanitary conditions in northern Manitoba.

Perhaps you are referring to the various outstanding land claims of First Nations within Canada. (You do realize that not all Canadians are white right?) Those should be settled, in accordance with the contracts as they were written. As opposed to the constant end runs that continually happen, where the First Nations groups typically get the short end of the stick in those media reports you so love to read and comment on.

India was not resettled like America was by Europeans. That never was the plan in India. Canada wasn't part of the British empire in the same way Asia and Africa were for that reason. Canada was definitely part of the British empire in the 19th century when United Empire Loyalists left the USA after their revolution and independence. Some historians think after 1759, when Britain defeated France for control of North America, was when the British empire really began.

The history and the politics are complicated, far too complicated for any one individual or group of them to understand the aboriginal problem in Canada. This confusion contributes to unsanitary conditions in northern Manitoba and elsewhere for Indians. Whether the govt takes an active or passive position towards Indians, they screw up. Residential schools or massive salaries and squalor. Take your pick.

There's no poltiical will to do much these days, except mail cheques to chiefs/kings. And my solution to this Gordian knot is to have Indians become Canadians and turn their reserves into municipalities, I see this as the best way to improve their living standards. Politics and pollution go hand in hand, is that why we have g/Green parties?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
India was not resettled like America was by Europeans. That never was the plan in India. Canada wasn't part of the British empire in the same way Asia and Africa were for that reason. Canada was definitely part of the British empire in the 19th century when United Empire Loyalists left the USA after their revolution and independence. Some historians think after 1759, when Britain defeated France for control of North America, was when the British empire really began.

Zoom.

The history and the politics are complicated, far too complicated for any one individual or group of them to understand the aboriginal problem in Canada. This confusion contributes to unsanitary conditions in northern Manitoba and elsewhere for Indians. Whether the govt takes an active or passive position towards Indians, they screw up. Residential schools or massive salaries and squalor. Take your pick.

It's so complicated that....

There's no poltiical will to do much these days, except mail cheques to chiefs/kings. And my solution to this Gordian knot is to have Indians become Canadians and turn their reserves into municipalities, I see this as the best way to improve their living standards.

...a one stop solution is the way to go?

So you think we should go in to all the reserves and impose our will upon those who live there? Because there is no poverty or sub-standard living conditions in any Canadian municipality right?

What about those reserves that don't have horrendous sanitary conditions? You know, the successful ones that don't live in squalor, what about those?

This solution would also require us to willfully neglect all treaty and land claims both with current and pending court challenges as well as ones that have been settled. Or do we just strip them of all their constitutional rights as well?

You do realize that treaty rights of aboriginal peoples in Canada is recognized in the Constitution right? Do we just scrap that too?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Non aboriginals have different tolerance levels for alcohol. Non aboriginals are not as good stewards of the land. Historically there is very little comparison between the two cultures. There is less greed among aboriginals. Acting hoity toity is not an enate characteristic of aboriginals although I do see it creeping in now. Just the ones who have been overly influenced by the white man.

i think the traits you mentioned arent all shared by natives. In my experiences its been the individual acting for their self..... Some reserves are full of garbage like the one in grand rapids when i drove through it years ago(may have changes since then) and some are very clean like the one south of vanderhoof for example.... Ive followed native line cutters, some pick up their garbage some dont, its how the individual feels.....

You cant say that natives acting self righteous are acting like that because they are influenced by the whiteman. Ive been influenced by other cultures the same as everyone here, and thats a fact of our modern times.... And for better or worse i try and be a understanding person, although iam far from perfect. Acting self righteous in spite ,or because of the white man is not an excuse in my opinion.....

Last edited: