Hey look...Rick Mercer is mad at Steve again

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Rick Mercer for PM! Dude is one of the smartest people we have running loose in this country. And it amazes me that not everybody is mad a Harpo. The paranoid little dictator sucks balls.

Well then he should throw his hat in the ring and run for it. Otherwise he's just yammering in neutral.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Don't include me in your group. I'm just here for the entertainment. I don't yammer.
we all yammer that's the entertainment and once in a while someone yammers something quite brilliant...gotta look for the gems in there ... ;-)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Here's an idea, why doesn't the Feds just transfer money to the provinces and ask them to look after it for them. They're already handing out monthly checks for welfare, AISH (in Alberta) and such and clearly doing a better job of it. Less duplication is a good thing.

The Provinces have already F'd up the Healthcare system by creating multiple bureaucracy's. We don't need the already dysfunctional VAC further dumbed down by the Provinces. We need it fixed and to be uniform across the board.

Canadians are to blame for their complacency on this crap. Very few find it worth their while to demand that vets be treated fairly.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Somebody criticized the government?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Feds need to up their spaces in the Provincial system. 30 Vets competing for 10 possible openings in Provincial Rehabilitation in competition with the general public is an instant bottleneck.

Waiting and waiting and waiting for services more than likely plays a role in the high suicide rates.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The Feds need to up their spaces in the Provincial system. 30 Vets competing for 10 possible openings in Provincial Rehabilitation in competition with the general public is an instant bottleneck.

Waiting and waiting and waiting for services more than likely plays a role in the high suicide rates.

That does tend to make one feel abandoned, hopeless.