Harper refusing to discuss climate change?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
No. You've got it all wrong.

Think of it this way; conservatives are the equivalent of a hockey-helmet and the liberal environmental eco-fascists are like the dumb brother that needs the hockey helmet to protect him from running head long into concrete walls.

I like to think of conservatives as stooges of big business and the religious right. Big business, Wall Street is viciously anti-environment (for financial reasons), so is religious right (for religious reasons). Both are important constituencies for the Conservatives. That is why conservatives invariably come down on the side of not doing anything to protect or to better the environment.

Slim Chance

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2009
I like to think of conservatives as stooges of big business and the religious right. Big business, Wall Street is viciously anti-environment (for financial reasons), so is religious right (for religious reasons). Both are important constituencies for the Conservatives. That is why conservatives invariably come down on the side of not doing anything to protect or to better the environment.

I hope that you're not upset, 'cause you sound upset.. I simply offered you the clarity that you requested.

BTW - You're still wrong.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I hope that you're not upset, 'cause you sound upset.. I simply offered you the clarity that you requested.

BTW - You're still wrong.

Why would I be upset? You are new to this forum, but for your information, I never ever get upset in the forum, I never lose my temper, that is the prerogative of conservatives here.

I have found that conservatives usually have a thin skin and get upset, start mouthing personal abuse, personal insults at the slightest provocation (or without provocation). But you will never see me upset.

Incidentally, what I said about Wall Street and religious right is well documented. Look at any major environmental initiative, and you will find Wall Street and Fundamentalist Christians adamantly opposed to it (and conservatives of course pander to both).

pezlops

Mar 18, 2010
No. You've got it all wrong.

Think of it this way; conservatives are the equivalent of a hockey-helmet and the liberal environmental eco-fascists are like the dumb brother that needs the hockey helmet to protect him from running head long into concrete walls.

With the liberal elitist it is always do what I say, not what I do.

It is like what liberal countries are trying to do right now by imposing a banking tax. Or Greece taking bailouts and still wanting to eat not only their cake but yours too. It is a dangerous enviroment for someone to say no to someone like Al gore or Suzuki (who wants to put in jail anyone who disagrees with him).
Throwing good money after bad money appeases liberal guilt.

Slim Chance

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2009
Pezlops;

That is perhaps one of the more concise and accurate descriptions i have encountered.

The example of Greece is spot-on... Sadly, it appears that the liberal faction in Canada (and the US) are of the same mind as the Greeks. The culture of entitlement pervades that group not unlike the way that cancer consumes its host.

Why would I be upset? You are new to this forum, but for your information, I never ever get upset in the forum, I never lose my temper, that is the prerogative of conservatives here.

I have found that conservatives usually have a thin skin and get upset, start mouthing personal abuse, personal insults at the slightest provocation (or without provocation). But you will never see me upset.

Incidentally, what I said about Wall Street and religious right is well documented. Look at any major environmental initiative, and you will find Wall Street and Fundamentalist Christians adamantly opposed to it (and conservatives of course pander to both).

You haven't been wearing your hockey helmet lately, have you?

BTW - Got a link to the "well documented research"?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Pezlops;

That is perhaps one of the more concise and accurate descriptions i have encountered.

The example of Greece is spot-on... Sadly, it appears that the liberal faction in Canada (and the US) are of the same mind as the Greeks. The culture of entitlement pervades that group not unlike the way that cancer consumes its host.

You haven't been wearing your hockey helmet lately, have you?

BTW - Got a link to the "well documented research"?
Slim, you'll learn to put certain posters on ignore. Your life is too short to waste reading their drivel.

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
I see, so conservatives are not anti-environment, they simply oppose each and every environmental initiative proposed and invariably side with big business and with polluters. Is that it?

Not at all. As usual you've twisted things to fit the fantasy world you live in. We've been through this one before on another thread, if you'll recall. That's where you had to go so far as to unilaterally re-define the meaning of the word "environmental" to exclude anything that had an effect on human health. :lol: We all had a good laugh at the lengths you will go to in order to maintain your self delusion.

I see no point in going any farther on this with you, so make up whatever you want. It's always good for a laugh.

:lol: Oh my, that's funny. Aren't you the guy who was so upset a while back he was threatening legal action? The same guy who gets so upset he goes off in a huff and refuses to debate with those who best him?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon is hosting a major climate summit in New York on September 23, 2014, “to mobilize political will” towards reducing global emissions.

U.S. President Barack Obama will be attending, as will U.K. Prime Minster David Cameron.

In fact, 125 heads of state will be there.

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, however, will not.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/can...rper-to-skip-un-climate-summit-183946998.html

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
What a joke.

People are tired of Harper's sole focus on the economy and that is reflected in the polls.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Speed up the wars if you want your emission targets met. Then everything will be clean and green and you can pat yourself on the back for saving absolutely nothing only costing thousands of ordinary ME lives.