GWB Now Calling the Shots for Republicans

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Bush calls on Congress to tone down 'harsh rhetoric' about immigration​

Former President George W. Bush on Sunday called on Congress to tone down the "harsh rhetoric" on immigration, adding that he hopes that doing so will "set a tone that is more respectful" of immigrants and lead to more reform.

"I do want to say to Congress, please put aside all of the harsh rhetoric about immigration, please put aside trying to score political points on either side. I hope I can help set a tone that is more respectful about the immigrant, which may lead to reform of the system," Bush told Norah O'Donnell on "CBS Sunday Morning."

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Bush calls on Congress to tone down 'harsh rhetoric' about immigration​

Former President George W. Bush on Sunday called on Congress to tone down the "harsh rhetoric" on immigration, adding that he hopes that doing so will "set a tone that is more respectful" of immigrants and lead to more reform.

"I do want to say to Congress, please put aside all of the harsh rhetoric about immigration, please put aside trying to score political points on either side. I hope I can help set a tone that is more respectful about the immigrant, which may lead to reform of the system," Bush told Norah O'Donnell on "CBS Sunday Morning."

Jr. is talking about immigrants, not illegal boarder crossers. Big difference.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I recognize your inability to properly respond as an admission that I'm right.